Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

This was really encouraging to me last night. You’re totally right and maybe I just need to be centered on the fact right now that being tired is still infinitely better than waking up hungover. While it’s been hard and I’m tired, I am enjoying my days more than I have in almost a decade and maybe I just need to be happy with that for now. Thank you!!

4 Likes

Day 286 clean and sober today. One minute at a time sometimes but I’m doing it. I’m having a hard time passing the state test for entry level certification that is needed to start in the field of counseling here in California I think because I have so much going on in my brain I can’t concentrate like I would be able to normally so one of the counselors next door will be coming by today to help me pass my exam. Very grateful for that. I’m all over the board and everything is so up and down throughout my days it’s very exhausting. I hope everyone has a great day today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

22 Likes

I can totally relate to the levels of loneliness Sarah. It’s one of the tougher emotions to have to walk through in my opinion. I too wish I had someone that would walk through this life with me, especially now. I’m proud of you for staying sober you’re AMAZING! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

9 Likes

I do the exact same thing when I get intense cravings @Jennajen, I just go to bed and know things will be different in the morning. My old sponsor said that if the best we can do is just go to bed, that’s still another day sober won. Proud of you always, have an awesome day :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

Thanks. Really glad I have this place to come to. I can’t imagine where I would be without everyone here. Reading everyone’s stories and trials and tribulations helps a lot.

Im super excited for you becoming a counselor, you are gonna be great! The fact that you are even up to taking the test right now shows your strength and your desire to help people. You are a truly incredible person.

7 Likes

Awwww thanks Sarah that means a lot :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

281 days. Although I’m feeling better, I need to keep my bitchiness in check. I have gone from not saying anything about or to the one roommate and am now bluntly speaking my mind. I know this isn’t healthy and pray for the ability to have no desire to react to his stupidity. We have “got into it” a couple times over the past few days and his immaturity gets to me. Thankfully my man has been doing a lil venting about him as well. The fact of the matter is that he won’t be moving out anytime soon so I need to somehow accept his presence without totally ignoring it. Reached out to an old friend and went for a visit on the weekend. It did me good to hear her say that nobody could be going through my current situation and not feel the stress. There are days that I feel like I’m going insane but hitting my pillow sober is a great victory. Today is a new day and I plan to stay in my own lil world focussing on diffusing the bomb within.

21 Likes

Feeling you, feeling you hard. We can be our own worst downer. Maybe an audiobook of self worth and self kindness. As sometimes we just need someone to remind us that we are worth it and we are amazing…BTW… you are amazing and you are so worth it🤩

6 Likes

Aww thanks! I just downloaded a podcast by Brene Brown about loneliness and connection! LOL… Going to listen to it on my way home. I am going to find some more uplifting ones too. Thank you @MagicMama you really are magic!! Hope you have a good one today in your beautiful garden. :butterfly:

8 Likes

I love her podcast she’s amazing keep up the good work!!

2 Likes

Thank you :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you, Shay. I’m so glad I came back to this community. You guys are so encouraging it’s ridiculous lol.

2 Likes

@Tommo congrats on 200 days :tada:
@TSan thank you so much :blue_heart:
@CapriciousCapricorn congrats on 450 days :tada:
@Girlinterrupted congrats on 300 days :tada:
@Complicatedmama sending strength for tomorrow :pray:t2::blue_heart:
@Singtone congrats on 80 days :tada:

226 days no alcohol.
194 days no cocaine.
0 days for binge-eating.

I was really proud thinking I’d be coming here to type a little something about 3 weeks with no binge-eating but I decided to ‘treat’ myself to 3 large bags of crisps (chips to some) whilst watching the final on The Voice UK. It’s done now though and I’m confident I can start again now and go much further, progress still.

The relapse feelings have thankfully passed. I’ve enjoyed watching the episodes on The Voice UK that I’d missed. I was pleased with who won too so that’s a bonus.

Going to carry on with some decluttering tomorrow morning and take the stuff that’s gathered in my hallway to the recycling centre. Then it’s zoom support group in the afternoon.

23 Likes

You got it Chuck! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Checking in d 100.

Been keeping busy. Helped a dear friend who is moving, to clean at their new house. I’m glad they found this new house, it has a very cosy feel to it. Last summer they became a family of six, when my godson was born, and also their oldest started school last year, so their previous home was getting a bit crammed.

Anyways, am happy I made to 100 days. One day at a time. Let’s keep making good choices to stay sober, my friends! :heart::raised_hands:t3:

33 Likes

whoo hoo!! 100 days!!

3 Likes

Checking in. Working at home on a rainy day. Still sober.

14 Likes

130 days of sobriety.

Beautiful.

18 Likes

giphy
Way to go Milele
Congratulations on your 100 days.
:pray:t2::heart::rose:

2 Likes

Get it girl!! I’m so happy for you my friend congrats on 100 DAYS :tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes