Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

I am sorry u had an anxious night. You have said no to the first drink for more than 300 days (congratulations btw) you can do it on your trip. Think of all the lovely things u can do on ur trip sober, especially those things that would be impossible if drinking (relaxing in the evening and remembering it, enjoying breakfast, etc)

4 Likes

So true. Thereā€™s a reason we spend vacations there! I loved growing up there.

1 Like

Keeping Kathleen in my prayers. :pray: :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

p.s. dont forget to smile :grin: ya you!!

29 Likes

Wishing the very best for her! Healing prayers her wayā€‹:blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good news! Glad to hear it. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t3: for ya.

2 Likes

Praying for your mom Mitch. :pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Coming close and staying sober is brilliant for your resolve, whilst providing a great wake up call to help you stay on your toes. Excellent work @RosaCanDo.

4 Likes

71 days today and dang life is so much more beautiful through sober eyes! Today I didnā€™t have any clients lined up for a photoshoot so I took the day to enjoy a shoot with me, myself and JB! Hereā€™s the outcome! Hope all you wonderful people enjoyed your day!!

27 Likes

Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes, everyone. There mustā€™ve been some strong prayers said. Mom seems to have stabilized and the cognitive function appears to be returning for now at least. CT scan was clear. Possibly a blood sugar issue? Iā€™m hoping itā€™s that but thereā€™s more tests theyā€™re probably going to run.

I so appreciate the way you all lift me up!

19 Likes

Day 263.

So much to celebrate on this thread and elsewhere too!

@Mno 650 and 2000? Swoon-worthy numbers! and @Francisco1 601-sumthinā€™!

@RosaCanDo so proud of youā€¦ for how you dealt with it (reaching out) and for sharing. you are a gift on this forum and in the world. :pray:

@anon74766472 oh so good to see you back! i just about crawled through the screen to hug you :hugs: I support you doing whatā€™s best for you, but Iā€™m glad that you are back here. Rosaā€™s right - this is as good a place as any to work on boundaries and stuff.

@Mtrav0040 good news! but sending more well wishes to you and your mom.

We did another day, good friends. Letā€™s go get another one tomorrow - I know we can. :orange_heart:

26 Likes

547 Days. I feel much better today. That 2nd vaccine was no joke. It took me down hard but good thing it didnā€™t last more than a day. At one point yesterday, I was welcoming death, I felt that bad. If one day of hell gets us that much closer to ā€œnormalcyā€, itā€™s all worth it. There were 4 of us at work that got our 2nd but only 2 got very sick. Thatā€™s not bad odds.
Have a great weekend everyone!!

26 Likes

So glad youā€™re feeling better! My brother had the J&J shot and he was sick for a couple days. Gratitude is a good go to right now. Sending you some good vibes.

2 Likes

Praying for mama Kathleen :pray:t5: :heart:

2 Likes

Youā€™re the first one thatā€™s mentioned the J&J. I was questioning if I should have held off and waited for that one. Iā€™m relieved to know I probably would have felt just as bad. That sucks that your brotherā€™s lasted a couple days though.

5 Likes
  1. Today was a great day! I worked for the morning and had the afternoon off. I spent the afternoon with my Uncle I took him to an appointment. We had coffee and great conversation. :grimacing: I did however log into work while he was in his appointment and my supervisor told me to get off my laptop and enjoy my afternoon off. I felt guilty for taking the afternoon off because weā€™ve worked remotely for so long. But, I made a commitment to my Uncle and I needed to keep it. That is part of my recovery is keeping promises. I broke so many promise while I was in active addiction that I now make sure I follow through with them once Iā€™ve made them. Iā€™m exhausted now so Iā€™m calling it night. Wishing you all a goodnight. :purple_heart:
26 Likes

I know, right. I have my second dose on Apr 1 and Iā€™m just expecting to have a reaction.

2 Likes

@RosaCanDo GIRL!!! I am so proud of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: you are amazing, you are strong and you are BRAVE!! We all know it is a fight to stay sober every.single.day ODAAT and you kicked A**!!

4 Likes

So, if yā€™all ainā€™t aware of it. Read up on Transient Global Amnesia TGA

This shit scared the crap out of my family tonight.

7 Likes

Thanks Cort, your awesome. A great ally and friend to have,

Ironically, the company I work for now, has an opening in the same town. Itā€™s a little bit less money, but the cost of living is significantly lower, but I think thatā€™s everywhere in comparison to the DC Metro area,

1 Like