Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

1. Congrats on 6 months!!!
  2. So sorry to hear about your friend and his family. I am glad to hear you were able to get your first vaccine.
1 Like

Congrats on on the 6 months sober and Iā€™m sorry for the loss of your coworker. May he Rest in Peace. Keep on sobering on ODAAT!
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

1 Like

28 Likes

Day 279.
A good day. A pretty different sort of Easter, but a good day nonetheless. I hid a few treats around my wee home and made the dog girl sniff around for them. Success!
Cases are going bananas again here. I decided friday to stay put instead of travelling all day yesterday to see Mom. Working from a hotel again in lockdown (eerie) for a full week and 2 long days on the road (rain can turn to snow fast!) - no thanks. We have the phone. Grateful for that. :relaxed:
Gā€™night, sweet friends. Letā€™s do another day tomorrow. Just like that. :orange_heart:

Congrats on 30 @ANew! And same to you @Mbwoman!
ā€¦and 125 @Freeyourmind!
ā€¦and 1 week @paws86!

Glad youā€™re feeling better @Conor689908. A hike always takes the edge off for me tooā€¦ :wink:

Hope you feel better soon @anon27700620.

Iā€™m sorry about your coworker, @Wasabi79 - thatā€™s hard news. Congrats on your 6 months. I do hope you are proud!

28 Likes

Easter dinner with friends and family. Excellent food, no sobriety challenges so Iā€™d say itā€™s been a good day. I hope you all also had an easy one. Good night and be wellā€¦

16 Likes

Fantastic work, big congratulations!

1 Like

Atta Boy Conner.
Great job on 600 days!!

7 Likes

At the end of day 14. Yesterday evening was VERY interesting.

I was driving back after an evening walk with my dog. It started raining quite heavily and the windshield fogged up a little.

I tried to adjust the AC and was trying to defog the windshield and the rear window. I just looked down for two seconds. And BANG. I had hit the car in front of me. Traffic is very heavy in the evenings.

It was a shinny souped up red SUV with a lot of chrome. Two huge guys got out of the SUV. I jumped out of the car. I apologised loudly, claiming it was totally my fault (which it was).

The bigger of the two huge guys, obviously the owner of the car, came up to me. Face about a feet from my face, looking down at me. He told me to park my car on the side of the street. It was still raining and I was getting wet.

I parked my car and got out, walked over to his car and tapped on the window. He open the front door and asked me to sit inside. It was a nice car. Lots of soft leather, miscellaneous fancy gadgets and a huge screen showing some news article on mute.

He picked up his phone and made a phone call - he put it on speaker and asked the other guy the cost of how much it would cost to fix the damage. The other guy on the line quoted a huge amount.

Once the call was over, he asked me to pay up and all would be fine. I told him I was broke. I really do not have that amount of money. I told him that I would pay him, soon.

He asked how soon. I said a few days or so. He laughed saying that it was too small an amount of money for a few days. He wanted his money now.

I told him that I would show him where I live and that I would take his number and call him today or tomorrow, and let him know when I was ready with the money.

I drove to my house. The smaller huge guy sat in my car, on the seat beside me, as I drove home. We parked our cars. The big guy got out and asked - Now what?

I asked the guy if he smoked. He did. I told him, letā€™s walk down the street and get some cigarettes. I really needed one. I told him that we could discuss it over a smoke.

We walked down to the store and smoked. I told him again. I did not have the money. I told him that I was being honest with him. All I could offer was a promise that I will pay him as soon as possible. I told him the truth.

I asked him if he trusted me. He looked at me and told me that he did.

After that, he told me that his father was very ill and he was on the way back from the hospital and very stressed. He had already spent a huge amount on his fatherā€™s treatment.

Anyway, we finished the cigarettes and shook hands. The two of them drove away.

Now I have the guyā€™s number and I will need to call him soon. I donā€™t know what to do.

Crazy situation. I might use it in a book.

17 Likes

Look at you goā€¦well done sir!!:facepunch:t2:

1 Like
  1. Which is 333 to go to 1000. Which is pretty neat. Iā€™m also counting down the days till my next vacation. I need a break. 17 Days and counting. I can do this. Iā€™m sober and clean. Letā€™s do some work now. Have as good a week as you all can friends. Love from outside my bedroom window .

@Conor689908 600! Yay Connor! Now thatā€™s a number friend. Huge congrats.
32 Likes

Congratulations on 600 :tada: my friend!! Thatā€™s incredible! :four_leaf_clover: :clap:t3:

5 Likes

Congratulations @Conor689908 On 600 days embracing sobriety. One day, one hour, one breath at a time. Proud of you Conor.:heart:

5 Likes

Kapow! Nice one ConnoršŸ‘

1 Like

126 days today! Feeling good. Made myself a schedule for the week yesterday and that includes spending a few hours a day on a project of mine which i have been wanting to do for a long time but wasnt confident enough to do so. Taking baby steps, lets see where i can get.

Have a great day everyone!

24 Likes

Begining of day 15. I have decided to watch ā€œGame of Thronesā€ once again. Right from the first episode. Itā€™s nice to be clinically insane (I have a certificate from a respected institution to prove it). People are never very surprised by what I do.

13 Likes

M7 D25

First day at work went well, but so hot in a mask AND a face shield (the rule there). The campus is in a trendy part of town, love walking there. Then this afternoon saw the Olympic flame!

29 Likes

Great job, Conor. 600 days is incredible. Well done, mate.

1 Like

Checking in towards the end of day 92.
Things have taken a bit of a turn here in Singtone land, so I will be stepping back from TS for a bit.
Iā€™m planning to stay sober, I havenā€™t decided to throw the towel in on that.
It isnā€™t anything that any of you good people have done or said. It is entirely at my end.
Life and relationships can be extremely complex. Letā€™s just leave it there.
Take care and stay strong, people. :boom::muscle:t2:
Have a great sober day, wherever you are. X

32 Likes

Hope things are ok, @Singtone, hope to see you soon.

3 Likes

Now this is what I like to see when I wake up.
Congratulations my Irish friend!! :tada: :partying_face:
fireworks

2 Likes