Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

Monday, who else loves Mondays after a sober weekend? Still feeling good…

14 Likes

Day 3. It’s technically more. However, I have adopted 4.3.21. as MY DAY. I like numbers. This countdown number calls to me. So be it. I accept you.

Yesterday was a rough, icky day for me. There was a moment of WTF (why the fuck, not what the fuck) should I bother? It’s not uncommon around 5-10 days for me. I know why. I have wanted to quit drinking for 1/2 my life. I know that. Anyone reading here can see that. I have been here off and on since 2016.

Vanquishing demons is not something I have been very good at and it will take far more consistency than I have participated in. I think my max is 50 days. Each and every time, there is a pattern: Stop checking in. Start skipping online meetings and meditations. Stop reading. Become less mindful.

Tick tock, tick tock, relapse.

Read and learn, those who think, “maybe I will just skip that today.” Until you have numbers way into the stratosphere, you are standing near a gas can with a lit blow torch.

23 Likes

@Wasabi79 congrats on 6 months :tada: sorry for your loss :blue_heart:
@Conor689908 congrats on 600 days :tada:
@manishc sorry to hear about the accident and the scary situation, I hope you will find an answer to resolve, do you have insurance that will cover it?
@EarnIt welcome back :slightly_smiling_face:

238 days no alcohol.
206 days no cocaine.
12 days no binge-eating.

Haven’t done much today but did do what I had planned which was sealing the packed boxes up, and they are now stacked neatly ready for moving.

This anxiety is clouding my mind about committing to the tenancy before we’ve exchanged, but if I don’t pay the rent deposit and sign the tenancy I will lose the flat, and it’s taken me a year to find somewhere that will allow my cats so I feel like I can’t risk losing it. I made a stupid mistake cancelling the loan from the council, I thought I was doing the right thing, but I have left myself with nothing whereas I could have used my holiday pay to cover the next 2 months rent if the sale doesn’t complete when planned. Hating myself so much over this idiotic decision. I’ve ordered another take-away, it’s either a coping strategy or a punishment so I can hate myself even more.

Trying to be hopeful that I might hear something from the solicitor tomorrow after the Easter holidays, that would be amazing :pray:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

23 Likes

@Conor689908 my dearest friend Conor! Soooo proud of you for 600 days. Huge congratulations :confetti_ball::tada::pray::sunglasses::sparkles:

6 Likes

Foreeee!!! My favorite number. It’s a sign that today is not to be feared. To all those I’ve lost, love you all.

God bless you all. :v:&:heart:

p.s. never forget how awesome you are. ya you!!

28 Likes

Hope you’re okay. I’ll be thinking about you and look forward to you coming back.

Wise, wise words. Been there myself, though maybe not as long. Thank you for sharing today. Helps us all and hopefully you too.

1 Like

Great catch buddy.
You are doing amazing. Ya you!

2 Likes

Day 210: Hi everybody! :raising_hand_woman:t2: I feel like I missed so much even being gone for a day. Anyway, not much to say other than I love you all (I really mean it) and I’m sending strong sober vibes your way, amigos. :heartpulse:

25 Likes

Checking in April 5 2021

Iam 15 days sober happy Monday everyone !
Hope all is well have not touched a cigarette or had alcohol for 15 days now I feel great control is coming back to me back to traveling I have a bit over 5k miles to run this week feeling like awesome sauce :pray: the divorce is going smooth we communicate with each other on peaceful terms clearly she has feelings for me and wants me back but I’m letting time do it’s thing just enjoying life glad to be reading some inspiration on here Let’s Gooo

30 Likes

Congrats @Conor689908 on 600 days!!!
tenor

1 Like

Checking in! Day 254
This cold is kicking my ass. :mask: Got tested for covid yesterday, awaiting my results. Not much else to report here, hope you all have a lovely day!

25 Likes

@CATMANCAM I checked, my insurance will not cover plastic parts and accessories. I will pay the guy, but it be on my terms. He is just a bully. I know his type very well (rough childhood). Usually they aren’t very smart. I can negotiate with him, without offending him. I am not going to pay a huge amount for a plastic wheel cover. I will pay him what it really costs. On my terms. Not his. Or maybe I will order it for him from Amazon :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I won’t allow myself to be bullied.

10 Likes

Hopefully you feel better soon and hopefully you are negative :pray:

2 Likes

Hey everyone. hope you’re all getting by ok. Been sober a little over 4 months. Longest I’ve been sober for probably 10 years. Keep on truckin!

13 Likes

Way to go, pal!
Super proud of you. You’ve had a lot of hard stuff going on lately - anniversary of your wife’s death, sore back, no heating - and yet you just keep going along, day by day, one day at a time. Amazing!
Your commitment to your sobriety and recovery is inspiring. :orange_heart:

ps don’t you forget how grateful i am/we are for you - ya you! :smile:

8 Likes

:tada::tada::tada: Congrats on 600 days Conor!! Proud of you my friend!!

3 Likes

Good evening friends, finishing up a successful day 142 at a meeting. Had a really great day. Even went out to the grocery store with my wife after work and thoroughly enjoyed it. We get along great when I have nothing to hide and she knows it. What a wonderful blessing this life we’ve chosen is!

25 Likes

360 days reminds me I have to change my view and look all around instead of just in front. It allows me to see things clearly and make better choices. I’m grateful for sobriety

27 Likes

Checking in, had a great day with the family to start our spring break. We went to an aquarium, grabbed some lunch, and took a stroll on the pier in Nags Head. Did see this good sized alligator on the way home too! Then grabbed a good dinner out and called it a night! Hope everyone else is having a great sober Monday!

21 Likes