Checking in daily to maintain focus #28

Great plan!!

1 Like

That sure is true! Thank you for your kind words and support.

2 Likes

27 Likes

Thank you @Mbwoman :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Drive by check in again :woman_facepalming::yawning_face::zzz:
My last class ends on the 22nd and I’ll take the final shortly after. Then I’ll be kinder to my old ass. Taking my sweet Svetlana out for her night night tinkle and I’m tapping out for the night. Sweet dreams TS folks on this side of the globe and good morning to the other side! :sunny:

33 Likes

Another day in the books, feel good. Been running a little and biking. Something everyday to keep my mind busy. Hope you’re all winning the fight
Be well.

20 Likes

Morning all , day 59 for me . Feel great for it but not a good day yesterday or today and it’s only 610am ! Huge row with my fiancĂ© over his gambling addiction which I have found out is still going on behind my back . I got angry , called him a lot of nasty names and he rose his hand to me before leaving for work. Love him and hate him and not sure what to do now . He reckons I’ll drink when the pubs open and I’m determined not too after all the work I’ve put in so far but I’m scared what if he’s right ?
Just want to be happy and being I’m sober makes me happy.

27 Likes

Wow :pray: congratulations on 1 year!!!

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry your day is not starting well. Look on the positive side. You are 59 days sober. This is great and hard work. You won’t let your fight with your fiancĂ©e destroy all hard work! He is addicted to it. And yes addiction is nasty. We all know this. He needs to realise himself that he, himself wants to change something. You can only be the supportive and listening/understanding part of it. He will come to you when the time comes. What absolutely is not ok to raise the hand to you! Has he done that before?

8 Likes

Yeah just once before in temper . I know that doesn’t make it right . I say some very nasty things when angry things I know that will hurt him . Anyway we will see , part of me just wants him to leave as he will never change, he won’t fight his addiction like I’m doing he tries to moderate it which won’t work as we know . Then the small part of me still loves him which makes it very hard . I won’t cave into alcohol though as that won’t solve anything so at least that’s something positive x

4 Likes

Day 281.
It feels like it should be day 9 million because it was so longgggggggg! but the sober part was good. :wink:
I must tuck in. Will catch up tomorrow, when we do all this again.
G’night, big love to all :orange_heart:

@Julied please, can you go to somewhere safe? there is no excuse for a violent reaction, or even the threat of violence. good job on sticking with your sobriety.

22 Likes

Check in at day 3. Starting to feel clearer despite terribleness of what had to happen this time to start sober again. How many times does bad stuff have to happen, then sober, then think it’s OK to start again, then few months something terrible happens again. One day at a time. Today is day 3.

19 Likes
  1. Coffee. One more late shift, four days off. Well, some work stuff to do at home. And therapy. Sunday my bestie and me are going to the greatest bulb flower show, tulips in particular, on earth. In the past I wouldn’t be found dead at a place like that. But now it is opened as an experiment. Limited tickets available and we have to test negative before going. Real happy to have a real outing after a year of absolutely nothing.
    It’s odd how my mood can swing in an instant like it did yesterday afternoon. I do know it is because I decided to take some action yesterday. I took up a few strings I left dangling at work. Contacted my bestie. And now I feel better all around. Sober and clean.
    I shudder at the memory of trying to drink my bad moods and depressions away. Helped me to forget for a couple of hours but in the end it only deepened the hole I was in. Recovery is work but it is so worth it! Have as good a day as you all can friends. Clean and sober. Love from Amsterdam and Chloride AZ, 3 years ago today.
29 Likes

I keep relapsing. I can’t even get to day 4!!! I feel like I need to be locked in somewhere. How did any of you actually manage this?

13 Likes

By whatever means needed Bigbear. It’s a life or death thing and should be treated thus. If you need detox and rehab, go for it. Peer to peer support can be extremely helpful. AA, NA, SMART, Dharma, real life meetings, online ones. Hanging around here, reading, posting, learning, supporting, being supported, being distracted from your cravings. It’s you at the steering wheel although addiction wants you to believe otherwise. You CAN do this but you have to be all in. Success.

12 Likes
6 Likes

Thank you. That made me cry. Pulling myself back up now and getting myself back on track. Here we go again

4 Likes

Day 128, feeling good!

We had someone come over this morning for puppy training and got to understand our little friend better then we did before which is great.

And besides that i found a sponsor, he called me back and said he was honored so im stoked!

Gonna meet him tommorow to start working on the 12 steps.

Have a great day everyone!

27 Likes

@CapriciousCapricorn. Huge number
simply huge!! Huge Congratulations
simply huge!!

3 Likes
  1. There will be bad days when you get sober. That’s life. My assitant manager lost her common sense last night, my third shifter lost her common sense last night, my day person is running late. Today started out like a soup sandwich.

At day 1
that would be a trigger, drinking would be contemplated. With Sobriety comes clarity, peace in the storm.

Moving along this morning, all will be fixed and when I go home life will be ok.

28 Likes