Checking in daily to maintain focus #30

Just doing a night check in. Despite the bike falling over it was a good day. Changed my clutch oil as well, bike has a new tire and ready to To go. Went for a nice little ride, had a good day with the girls. Heading to bed c yah y’all tomorrow much love

25 Likes

Thanks for keeping us posted.
Fuck fentanyl :grimacing:
So glad you’re still with us.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Thanks JF! I’m happy we’re on the same team!

3 Likes

Wow congrats on 200!!! Very cool!! :confetti_ball::+1:

I like that catch phrase you always end with. It motivates me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 735 no alcohol
Reset day 1 no cigs

Lasted half a day yesterday before I caved and bought more cigarettes. Then I spent the rest of the day shitty with myself. So I’m trying again today. I just get filled with so much anger in the first few days of quitting. Like this rage builds up inside of me, it scares me because it’s so intense I’m scared what I’ll do if something or someone tests me… any suggestions that have worked for others or if they’ve felt this too when quitting smoking? I’m not interested in cutting down or vaping as an alternative. I’ve got loads of ideas to keep me busy and have lozenges when the cravings get really bad but it’s just this anger :frowning:

24 Likes

Thanks Chris!

Way to go M!! Congratulations on 11 months!!
As usual, I’m a day late and a dollar short. I’m sure the cake is all gone by now so I’ll settle for the crumbs. Anyway, you’re doing amazing my friend. :heart::blush:

congratulations

2 Likes

Congrats on the big 2-0-0 :tada::star2::heart:

1 Like

Thank you!

Checking in at 1 month 22 days. Had some very alcohol positive thoughts last weekend, but doing better this week. I just remind myself that the negatives far outweigh the positives, that basically I end up feeling sick and what’s the point of that. Sometimes the pro- drinking cultural messages we’re surrounded by are overwhelming. I struggle with the symbolism of drinking as a form of freedom, of letting go. A change in consciousness, which it is, but in the end, not for the good. If I drink, I’ll fall back into negotiating with myself about doing it again and when. All dumb and pointless. I don’t want to get into that pattern. There will be positive thoughts about drinking and I’ll just observe them and let them go and they’ll pass.

21 Likes

11 months, wow, congratulations Emm and also for your daily gratitude :bouquet::four_leaf_clover::blush:

1 Like

Checking in day 63. It’s been a while since I was last on but glad I’m back. Awesome to see a bunch of familiar faces still on here!

16 Likes

26 Likes

158 Days

Feeling tired after yesterday, but no hangover, first time in 30 years! So happy with that…
Busy day ahead, lots of visits which I enjoy, and out for dinner this eve…

Noticed my eating habits have declined since I got sober too much sugar in every form, so tackling that, as I do t think it’s helping my energy levels… and need to get to gym more by organising my time better… I always feel like I chasing my tail.

Stay safe and sober and have a good day :blush:

26 Likes

Day 988 :coffee:
Yesterday I wrote about the inappropriate private messages I’ve got here. Glad to mention the moderators has done something about them. Do you get them too? If you click on the little flag button beneath that message (push the 3 dots to see it) you can report it to the moderators. Let’s silence those who are here with other intentions.

31 Likes

Day 338.
Massive thanks for the enthusiasm for my 11 months! It really means a great deal to me. :orange_heart:

This place is the best. It was a long and adulty work day, but popping in here and there on any day gets me through better than anything poured in a glass ever did. It’s like a 24/7 lounge to turn to for support when sober legs are shaky, for comfort and others’ ears when we’re dealing with things in new ways, and of course - there’s always a reason to celebrate!

Tonight? Congrats to @Charlie_C for 200 days! You keep doing yours sober - for 200 days straight! Well done, friend - glad we’re on this journey together.

Like any place, though - we’ll have our problems. Me? Zero tolerance for harassment of any kind - here and IRL. Please, if you’ve received it, report it. This is our community, and we need to protect it and each other.

Still, I’m proud to belong here, proud of us showing up to our lives each day, and showing up here too. I’ve got a pretty good idea where I’ll see you all tomorrow… :wink:
G’night friends - sweet sober dreams and days to all. :orange_heart:

EDIT: and as I wrote this - @SoberWalker said it all! :point_up_2:Strength in numbers!

26 Likes

Oh, thank you! This was a delight to read!

Right now, I mostly write too many emails for work and then my posts on TS :laughing:, but during this lockdown, and thanks to being sober, I’ve also indulged in long-put-off creative writing classes. (They are online and asynchronous, with only a few webinars. We middle-aged aspiring writers are hopefully more enthusiastic than your and @Misokatsu’s students! Though do I ever feel your pain when I’m on lengthy work zoom meetings with a group of muted black squares… :tired_face:)

Semi-retirement looms on the horizon, so I’ll get up to more fun playing with words then… …one day at a time, of course. Thanks again, friend. Wishing you and your new fitbit (loved the analogy to moderation!) much success and plenty o’ steps! :orange_heart:

7 Likes

Hi Charlie,
Congratulations with your well earned :two::zero::zero: days. I’ve seen the struggles and the determination of you to get and stay sober, but look where you are right now!! :tada::facepunch::partying_face:

16 Likes

Day 417.97
Root canal :white_check_mark:
Other than that not much else today.
It doesn’t hurt much. So I’m good. Just have to finish up at the dentist Monday. Hopefully he can just fill it and not have to make a new crown. No doctors the rest of the week. Yay!!
:pray:t2::heart:

Shitty Day?
Yep.
Still clean and sober?
Yep!
You Win!

25 Likes

Checking in on day 11. Time is flying by. I try to make it easier, not not drink alcohol: 1. I don’t have any alcohol at home.
2. Told my boyfriend that I don’t drink alcohol anymore.
3. Avoid my favorite supermarket where I am used to buy the alcohol.
4. Have some NA drinks at home.
5. Try to eat well and healthy, exceptions allowed :rofl:
6. Go by bike wherever I can.
7. Try to be busy by cleaning the house, the garden, etc
8. I was thinking to write a list for what I can do if I feel bored or lonely (I am living alone, kids are adult, boyfriend is living a 2,5 hours drive away).
9. I always say “yes” if anybody wants to meet me or to any other possibility to go out of the house.

And very important: 10. Checking in here :sunny:

27 Likes