Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 1)

Congratulations!!

3 Likes

Awesome :+1: Iā€™m happy to see this!

2 Likes

I love all this (except the part where youā€™re sad and stressed, of course!). Youā€™re amazing.
Iā€™m not 3 hours into the work day, and Iā€™m going to put your eldest 2 in charge of my boss too and join you with the screaming and tea and choc. No sharing. :wink:

3 Likes

Day 295 :raising_hand_woman::dizzy::sunny:

Summer has come, all the tables on the beach are full, I walk by them. I donā€™t sit at those tables anymore, I donā€™t question myself why I canā€™t drink. This is my way now, to live Sober and live every moment of life with acceptance and feeling.

19 Likes

@Mno

yaaahhhhhooooo
You have always inspired me x

12 Likes

Checking in for the 423rd day at a time. No matter long we have it all comes down to that. Sometimes a second, minute or hour at a time. Hope everyone has a great day

23 Likes

Day 53.
Back to work with a bump today. @Singtone hi - a fellow teacher here. I will be moving to Hungary from the UK and it will be my first teaching post abroad. Iā€™m really excited (and a little nervous!)

Quite a lot of stress today - such a contrast to my paat week of family and quiet beaches. I think Iā€™m feeling it all as I also have a to do list as long as my arm and Iā€™m very tired after a long journey yesterday and a disrupted night of sleep.

So Iā€™m making the decision to eat some healthy food and get into bed with a book. The rest can wait until tomorrow when I can act on things properly. Iā€™m going to meditate and journal before bed as I didnā€™t do it quite as much as I would have liked while away. Another day sober, though. Someone asked me about it today and asked if I could feel a difference - YES absolutely! I need to remember to focus on that.

21 Likes

@Tykster2020 & @Misokatsu Congratulations on 300 days. Keep fighting the good fight cuz youā€™re both kicking ass.
@Mno I will celebrate you today and tomorrow. Your shares and photos have become part of my day that I look forward to. The honesty and strength you show in your journey are inspiring and I greatly appreciate you.
@anon53116147 I would enjoy a thread of your work.

356 days Have found myself in a bit of a funk today. I can hardly wait until school is done for the summer and pray for a return to in-school learning for the fall. The frequency of time spent on YT or Google while supposed to be doing school work is stressing me out and Iā€™m running out of ideas. Being a stepmom has certainly presented me with obstacles and Iā€™m tired of always feeling like the bad guy. I know with patience and time things improve but Iā€™ll be glad to remove online learning supervisor from my duties. Went for my orthodontist consult last week and am preparing for a financial commitment for braces. I just about shit this morning when I was quoted $420 for a consult with a periodontics office. There are concerns about bone deterioration and a periodontal consult is required prior to getting braces. I understand the reasoning but the cost blows me away. I need to remind myself that Iā€™m worth it but at the same time I donā€™t have a money tree in my backyard. Itā€™s just all so frustrating and feeling like two steps forward and one step back.

25 Likes

@littlemisschatterbox @Dolse71 @Lisa07 @Dazercat @SoberWalker @M-be-free49 @Fargesia_murielae @Joy @Squirt @Mno

Thank you all so much, your support means a lot to me :blush::blue_heart:

12 Likes

@Misokatsu thank you and congrats on 300 to you tooā€‹:tada: Iā€™m a little worried about our other triplet @icebear since the post last week ā€˜itā€™s not looking good for meā€™ (I hope you made it too :pray:t2:)
@Becsta thatā€™s a whole bunch of stressors and a very healthy way of getting through it, awesome work :trophy:
@Mno if my brain is doing math right, 730 is 2 whole years! Huge congrats! :tada::star2::star2: (just seen your todayā€™s post, tomorrow it is :partying_face:)
@Briella2 congrats on your week :tada:
@Beachy hope your first day at the new job goes well, good luck :four_leaf_clover:
@Soundlab congrats on your week :tada:

301 days no alcohol.
269 days no cocaine.

Tomorrow morning I will visit my friend. I bought her a few birthday gifts and a card today. I am even anxious about giving those incase she hates them. Feeling less anxious about the visit itself (I think). Going to leave mine before rush hour so thereā€™s not so much traffic to navigate, and then leave here in time to get home for lunch before gym and swimming in the afternoon.

I am looking forward to my Podiatrist appointment on Wednesday and also a visit to my Auntieā€™s on Thursday morning, she has invited me over as she is looking after my niece for the day, so I will get some precious time with her too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: we are going to walk to a new play park.

My elbow really started hurting during the swim today, I probably should have stopped when it did but I wanted to finish my 45mins, and with difficulty, I did!

23 Likes

Day 43.
6.36am
6 degrees. Cold and dark and rainy :umbrella:

So yesterday I had a job interview. Iā€™ve applied for a bunch of jobs because the job I have now is only casual and the hours at OTP class are reduced because Iā€™ve finished the first part of it that is earlier in the day. So now I have some free time on my hand a so Iā€™d like to get another job. Iā€™d also like to start saving to be able to go back to new york for a holiday when ever travel becomes OK again. So Iā€™m trying to prepare for that.

I even changed my phone screen saver to new york so I can try manifest it sooner :joy:

I have a dentist appointment this morning. I have to get my remaining wisdom tooth out and I also want to straighten my teeth so I need to find out about invisalign. Doing all the maintenence now that im sober and clean :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We are having a icy cold blast hitting us here in Melbourne. Its so cold getting out of bed at 6am :grimacing: but nothing like Canadaā€™s winters I knowwww lol :joy: @Its_me_Stella @anon83587935

24 Likes

I found a new background for your days counterā€¦

You are so worth itā€¦ every cent.
:heart:

8 Likes

Just checking in since itā€™s been a minute. Work has had me scheduled all kinds of crazy hours. It has been stressful, but Iā€™m proud to say today is day 135 and going strong.

13 Likes

I would definitely follow your tattoo thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today AND tomorrow we celebrate! Iā€™m so happy for you!
Youā€™re really such a great voice of reason and a gentle nudge when needed.
Big hugs, sweetie!!
8b717d6b0ef9c68b4e5c7e40400314b9b29410a5d7642a020b3f6777d1651065.0 e6b2b5246627fbafee8c2bbbe305fb77b54f821b9e829cf434c95d7cbc9b1ed2.0

5 Likes

I hope your podiatrist appointment went well. Itā€™s so hard to feel good when your feet are in constant pain.
May the Gods of Happy Feet be upon you my friend.
:pray:t2::heart::foot:

2 Likes

Day 345, getting closer to that year milestone!!

I went to the gym todayā€¦I was quickly reminded of just how long itā€™s been since I went to the gymā€¦good times lol

Hope everyone is doing well!

26 Likes

Cliff!!!
Congrats on your days.
Miss your check ins.

2 Likes

I am working on it, I definitely would like to get in here more againā€¦just been so crazy. Good news is sobriety is going well and life has ups and downs but I am making the most of each day! I hope itā€™s well on your end!

9 Likes

Congrats on 43 days April.
Good luck at the dentist. I finally finished up just this morning with all my tooth and root canal procedures. And I didnā€™t need a new crown. Yippee :raised_hands:
Itā€™s been cold too over here in Santa Monica. Well cold for Southern Cali in June. Low sixties and cloudy all the time. But I love it! Even got a slight sprinkle of what to you call that stuff? Rain :rofl: I havenā€™t seen rain in months and months.

New York sounds great! I want to go to Broadway and see some shows. Iā€™m hoping if David Byrne brings back his Show American Utopia we will go see in. Google it. Itā€™s fantastic.
Good luck with the job too.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes