Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

There will be more races! A big thing for me over the last couple of years has been learning to let go. Taking care of yourself isn’t a failure :hugs:

6 Likes

@Mephistopheles Thanks! life is different but good. Barely working out, taking a long break with everything and that’s been nice.

And thank you everyone for the support, it means a lot to me :blush: I should clarify that I have 600 days of writing down my gratitude. It’s one of the things I’m really proud of in my recovery.

13 Likes

It did, in more than one way actually.

1 Like

Attempt number zillion
Post number 1
Day 3

Nice to meet you all!

26 Likes

Hey Jess. Glad your checking in. I always want to get caught up here too but sometimes I just can’t. I’m learning it’s ok. I have to remind myself that I’m checking in for my recovery.

It’s taken me years to listen to my body. My brain always gets in the way. Such a hard difficult decision to have to make after you been training so hard. Thanks for your share. I’m going to continue to try and listen to my body and not let my brain play games with me.

Sometimes after a nice meditation or a long hot relaxing shower when my body and brain are relaxed I make the best decisions.

Congrats on 355 days. Maybe you got some milestone pressure there too.
You rock :biking_man:
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Welcome Billy.
Congratulations on day 3.
This is a great place for support. Pull up a chair. Coffee is always on. Have a good read around. Lots of great people here just trying to not pick up that first drink or DOC.

Check this thread out if you’re willing.

Most of all have an open mind.
Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Wow. I’m so glad you listened to your gut. Just thinking of the boy in that car… Gives me chills.

I have to say, that friend of yours makes me angry. So irresponsible. I hope this is a wake up call. Too bad that his son has to pay the price.

2 Likes

Checking in at the end of day 197.
Had more cravings today. Bit annoying, really. Was a bit hungry and a bit dehydrated so I just didn’t engage with it. Grabbed a few mixed nuts and drank two pints of water and just watched it slip away.
Did some adulting this evening, which I loved - now that it’s over. Bank messages, moving money, paying bills, tax conversations, pension business, etc. The kind of stuff that I would have avoided by being smashed in the past. Come to think of it, probably part of the reason I had cravings earlier on. :bulb:
I’ll sleep a lot better tonight knowing that it’s all done.
Life is so much better now.
Have a great sober day, wherever you are.
Goodnight. :sleeping::zzz:

21 Likes

He makes me totally furious too. And thinking if the kid in the car gives me chills as well. My blood turned ice cold when I saw the car wreck.

But honestly I’m happy that he probably won’t be able to drive again, like ever. His license is suspended for three weeks during the investigation. But considering the suspicions I have he probably won’t be getting it back ever.

2 Likes

Not having a licence won’t stop people from driving, sadly. All the best to you and your hubby in trying to help. As a sidenote, with so much going on in that village of yours, you could shoot Emmerdale in reality tv-style… Phew!

2 Likes

Starting to feel like I’m on more even ground and adjusting to the new meds dose, although I’m still sleeping a lot but it’s only a couple of weeks so will give it some more time.

Heard back from the job interview and they didn’t offer me the job, said someone else was a better fit and I am overqualified. But they want to talk to me about doing something a bit more at my level but for less hours. I’m a mix of disappointed and pleased, the idea of dropping down a bit is kind of appealing but in reality it would probably be harder to pull back than just do the type of work that I’m used to. Nice that they might want to make space for me too, although it isn’t a sure thing. So we will see.

Made the most of the sunshine today with a wander round the charity shops, picked up some new (to me!) clothes I wanted and had a lemon sorbet from the gelato shop in town. Stopped at a pub for a soda and lime and got chatting to another lady sitting on her own which was nice. That’s the thing I miss about going to the pub, having people to go with! Screw the booze.

Been slacking on housework recently so will pick up a bit of that this evening and make some dinner. My bf has been super patient with and supportive of me while I’ve been going through this process of letting go and I don’t want to take advantage of that.

27 Likes

Day 988.

Found a pic on my phone that sums my mood up

28 Likes

Welcome
And it only takes one time :slightly_smiling_face:I think you’ll be just fine

@Ooooops congrats on your week :tada: , hope the climb was enjoyable and the view from the top even more so :smiley:
@Lionfish congrats on 600 days of gratitude :raised_hands:t2::tada:
@TheWolf congrats on 50 days :tada:
@Beccy81 @Mag welcome back :slightly_smiling_face:
@jjcarson92 congrats on all the 5s :tada:
@Briella1 congrats on double digits :tada:
@MrsOdh woah that some scary stuff, so glad you kept his son safe :raised_hands:t2: I hope your friend will find recovery :pray:t2:
@Nordique congrats on 400 days :tada:
@Billy_Loomis welcome :slightly_smiling_face: congrats on 3 days :tada:

343 days no alcohol.
311 days no cocaine.

Gym review scan results showed improvements in most areas except visceral fat, which makes no sense to me as I have lost fat and weight since my first scan. :thinking: I have now added some resistance work to my program so looking forward to starting that properly tomorrow, I’m prepared for my body to scream obscenities at me whilst doing so but I’ll push through it and hopefully will adjust after a few workouts. It was so weird being at the gym without the restrictions, will take some getting used to, I’m still going to be wearing my mask everywhere anyway.

My dad and step-brothers are all feeling good again now but my dad’s wife can’t even move out of bed with fatigue. I hope she doesn’t end up with chronic fatigue/long-Covid :pray:t2:

28 Likes

@Mno @Rockstar24777 @Diamonster @siand @Dazercat
Thank you for your replies! Y’all are wonderful and your words are helping me accept that I will likely not be racing.

I really do need to remember this. Might make it a mantra for awhile. I am always stubborn and want to push myself as hard as I can. Anything less is hard for me to accept but I’m learning.

13 Likes

On Day 2 again. Disappointed in myself, but I am learning things still and really trying to grasp that all the time I spend sober still counts for something. I’ve been sober 37 of the last 40 days, which 45 days ago I couldn’t even envision for myself.

I’ve started in AA and have a temporary sponsor and it’s really helping. Just for today, this hour, this minute, I can do anything. I want to get to the point where the obsession with drinking (I am accepting that it is obsession) starts to fade.

I hope you all have a beautiful sober day. :heart::heart::heart:

20 Likes

Wow @MrsOdh, I am blown away by that story. You saved that boys life!! :raised_hands:
I hope this is his dad’s wake up call.

4 Likes

That must be very difficult for you. I never had to deal with that but I have had to deal with people begging me back into relationships that were unhealthy. It seems pretty much the same. Learning that you are worthy of a substance free life and creating boundaries with the people you love is important.

Happy to see you back on track again.

:pray::orange_heart::pray:

9 Likes

Checking in.

Boundaries in the begining of my recovery were so foreign to me. I was confused, I felt like I was running on pure self will as I cemented firm lines in the sand around me. I didn’t understand that boundaries were flexible and that the beauty of recovery and freedom is that we now have choices. I didn’t understand that a boundary I made with someone today might change a little as I grew stronger in my recovery down the road. As time has gone by and I have worked my ass off learning how to live again this whole concept has become more clear. It goes along with impermenance… things are always changing now. Nothing is stuck like it was when I was in that constant state of chaos I couldn’t escape from.

I am so grateful to be free from that. No matter how many times my addict knocks on my door and tries to lure me outside to play today, I have enough “Fuck you’s” stored up for 24 hrs.

:orange_heart::dizzy::orange_heart:

29 Likes

And that’s exactly what you are doing… a step at a time #teamprour@ja

1 Like