Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

Checking in, day 259 no booze, day 9 no smoke. It’s the last evening of our „holiday”, tomorrow we’ll go to pick up the kids. I have some work to finish and then will probably go for a walk, watch some episodes of peaky blinders, maybe cut my hair before sleep and go to bed early because I couldn’t sleep last night.
I finished learning Sunny, it still has to be practiced - it wasn’t easy for me, because I’m really not used to play chords.

25 Likes

Checking in at the end of day 200.
First day of lockdown and everything that it brings. A bit frustrating, to say the least.
Played cards with the family this evening. Precious time.
Hopefully things will settle now that this milestone has been and gone.

Have a great sober day, wherever you are.
Goodnight. :sleeping::zzz:

29 Likes

Congrats on your 200 days!

1 Like

Can someone please send me a link to the gratitude thread? I’m useless at navigating in here. :neutral_face:
I tried the search thing, but I got too many results. I was slightly overwhelmed. :woozy_face:
I’m old, I need the human touch. :pray:t2:

5 Likes

Thanks, Tomek. :pray:t2:
Didn’t think it was possible. Even now I’m looking at it in disbelief and thinking that they must be someone else’s numbers.

2 Likes

Congrats on 200 days!!! Stay vigilant and sober strong!

Here you go:

4 Likes

Thank you, Rosa. :pray:t2:

I still think to myself seeing 100+ numbers that wow, they are rocking it, how cool it must feel to be there, I wish I could reach that one day. I guess my inner counter stopped at around 80-100 days as it stopped at around 25-28 years of age.
I hope you’ll find a way that fits you to celebrate it!

1 Like

It’s over now. I’m celebrating it by going to bed sober.
:boom::muscle:t2:
Goodnight.

3 Likes

@Jennajen @Mephistopheles
Yhyy! Mä haluun mukaan!
Pitäkää hauskaa :hugs:

W.e you say

I’m here, I’m alive and I’m sober.
Day 326

I can’t believe this is happening to me again.

We’ve had two friends over helping us out in the garden today. One before lunch and another one after lunch. We didn’t asked any of them for help, they just volunteered.

The second friend who was here, is the guy who gave us a ride yesterday. And he offered to come and pick us up tomorrow afternoon and drive us home.
We’re going to bury Pa’s ashes tomorrow.
Even if that’s for a sad reason I’m looking forward to meet my family, and my brother’s new baby I haven’t been able to meet yet.
We’ve done a lot of gardening the last few days, and it’s starting to look really good. The usually cranky bitter neighbor have been talking to us, yesterday and today. Praised us for doing such a great job. Today he told us that he’s about to sell his house because they are getting old. We’ve been almost like enemies to them ever since we moved in, and Mr Cranky neighbor has been fighting with another neighbor to us for about 30 years.
The other neighbor just heard the news and are in this moment in our yard talking to my husband about throwing a party if Mr Cranky neighbor moves.
It feels surreal, but I’m sure the universe have a great plan us and that it all will turn out amazing.

We filled our new pool today and placed the soccer goals for the boys in the garden. It made my heart so happy to see them being that happy. Finally being able to swim during their summer break. I’m really grateful that we had the possibility to do that for them.

We ended today with a BBQ together with the friend who helped us this afternoon.

I’ve got no news about my drug using friend and his boy. I just knew that his father has been there all day because he stopped by and told us on the way home.

I also have started to make a plan to celebrate Christmas in July this year. We never done it before but I really like the idea. I’m going to include our Elf and Easter Bunny helper in this.

Wishing y’all a wonderful day.

21 Likes

I guess I said something stupid :see_no_evil:

Day mo fo 70 people … thus journey is such madness lol depressed for like 3 days now off and running again. Im learning to just hold on …hold on tight and it always seems to eventually stabilize. Met a guy at work today had a huge talk with him about his journey to recovery and what he struggled with it helped so much . Literwlly made my day . Have great day night everyone

19 Likes

Lmaoooo :joy: I FEEEEL your pain friend :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: as I sit here at 6.30am sipping my first cup of liquid gold, my heart aches for your conundrum :pray::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grimacing:

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity, what do you drink? I’m always looking to up my game and try new brands… :thinking: can you post a pic ?

3 Likes

Day 88.
6.33am.
6 degrees

So I love to laugh , its probably my favorite thing to do in life… So this morning as I’ve begun to catch up on everyone’s check in’s , @icebear drew made me lmao reading about the dear !! It must of been the Christmas in July rain dears that had gotten lost and ended up at your place munching on your garden lmao :joy: I’d give anything to live in a place where the sound of wild dear wake me up at night! The magical moments of nature :heart: maybe thats my calling in life, something to do with wild animals and nature :thinking: where do you live drew , that you have wild dear in your garden?

Woke up at 6am. Have been lazy and sleeping in till 7 the past week in lockdown coz I don’t need to be anywhere and its SO COLD outside so having a cheeky lay in has been a nice treat :rofl:

I feel good today. Just being aware of my triggers because my monkey mind is still a bit unpredictable. But I’ve got it under control so we good :pray::heart::tada:

24 Likes

Jesus dalex77 you should have got a bus there or something and just bounced the fake coffee off their head.

2 Likes

I was the 22nd like :blue_heart::fist_right::fist_left::blue_heart:

2 Likes

And this is post 2222 :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:
I read out step two yesterday with my sponsor, and today I’ve been UNrestoring myself from sanity by not being productive and just falling in addictive behaviours.

10 Likes