Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

Checking in on a Sunday morning. Sober .

8 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 406.

I’ve been incredibly busy lately and I feel like I haven’t been posting as much in the last few days but I’m still here and still sober! I am taking advantage of all the distractions that are created by having a full schedule, since we all know that boredom can be the real killer.

I’m so thankful to be sober this morning. I’m also beyond grateful to be living the life I’ve always wanted, one that alcohol kept me from for so many years.

I hope everyone has a great one today :v:

16 Likes

Back to double digit again. Checking in on day 10

7 Likes

@050Nl I am good! How are you? Blessing right back at you!

@apes2020 I saw a Celtic tattoo first, what does that mean?

Not sure what my day is, I left my phone at work, so had a little unplanned tech detox. It made me realise how much I absently reach for my phone when I have a little ‘spare’ time, and then probably waste longer than I think. Having to get the PC out to check here and FB certainly made me do it more purposefully! Good learning experience!

12 Likes

@M-be-free49 , agree with Charlie, admiring your patio garden. Love your posts!
@Girlinterrupted and @Misokatsu , I rarely reply to individual posts because I mainly TS on my phone. I’m lazy. Please know that I identify with both of you for the strong working momma’s you are, and share some of the struggles you so eloquently post about. Again, I’m a lazy arse, but will try to do a better job contributing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

So appreciate this community!

@Charlie_C , I’ve been praying nightly for your family. I understand the cluster that data migrations can be, and so admire how you are handling this in the wake of your brother’s passing. Prayers for strength and comfort.

@Its_me_Stella , LOL, yes! That’s a lot of “sleeps” sober. You made me laugh. Thank you!

8 Likes

Im Back. Starting Day 1.

11 Likes

Caught this one last night!
I don’t think I would have made it without this community. Feeling connected to everyone here, through the good times and bad, really helped me stay sober. We have all been through so much together! I mean we made it through a freaking pandemic!! That was wild. You were all there for me through some if my hardest times. I appreciate you. I feel like I have made some life long friends here. Thanks to everyone who has been a part of my journey! I am so thankful I found sobriety!!
Thank you.

28 Likes

Woohoo! I will eat ice cream to celebrate this today!

4 Likes

Welcome back!

4 Likes

Massive congratulations! So proud of you!

2 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so proud of you, such a huge accomplishment :grin:

I hope you have an amazing day today!! Welcome to the 1 year club :clap:

4 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Happy birthday @M-be-free49 and happy sober birthday @Clarity you guys are awesome!

4 Likes

Huge congrats on one year of freedom, Sarah! Glad you are on this journey with us :birthday::four_leaf_clover::innocent:

3 Likes

I have started noticing these blind grabs for my phone. It’s either boredom, habit, or both. I would love to take a week-long tech detox. It’s something my kids will never know. I used to run amok through the woods all day and we only turned on the TV on the weekends (sometimes not even then).

6 Likes

Congrats girl it sure is a good feeling hitting that year. Keep up the good work

5 Likes

That is awesome congratulations!!

3 Likes

Ugh another sleepless night. Doing ok tho, my dad is coming to finish his tattoo, I will post it but just incase I will say now it’s going to be a pot leaf incorporated into it so trigger warning now.

I really seriously hate counting my days, idk why I just am getting very annoyed by it, like it seems like sobriety has this stigma around how many days sober someone is, like oh you’re 30 years sober so you know more then me. Or even at my year i got joy when newcomers came because they were fresh to sobriety. Like idk I think that is stupid now, were sober were all knowledgeable were all gonna face hard shit and have hard times no matter how many days sober we are. I remember when someone would relapse I got joy out of saying oh relapse isn’t apart of recovery. Well fuck I’ll never say that to someone again nothing like slapping someone in the face when they are down, and making it seem like I was better because I didn’t relapse yet. Well even when your working your recovery, one day you just may not work it and end up like me and fuck up, even tho I thought I’d never relapse again. Idk just calling out my defects here take care have a good day

14 Likes

Congratulations Sarah that’s AWESOME!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Day 408 clean and sober today. Woke up feeling blah but I’m sure I’ll turn it around. Soooooo excited to start the new job tomorrow, I can hardly wait! Happy belated birthday @M-be-free49 (51) I love your patio AND your new mug!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

15 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 3).