Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

@Fnkychic I love your post. Thank You for sharing your journey

2 Likes

Checking in on day 25. Today is cool and rainy, which is a welcome break from the humid heat of the last days. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist in a few hours, so let’s see what can be done about this can of worms that is my brain.

Hope everyone is having a good day. @Mno sending positive thoughts to you and Luna. I hope she is feeling better soon.

27 Likes

Day 389 clean and sober today. Have I told you all how much I love and appreciate you all??? Well I do with all of my heart and I couldn’t do this without every one of you. Love you all dearly, have an amazing day today!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

32 Likes

12 days no booze
153 days no cigarettes

33 Likes

Woooo 60 days today baby! Feeling good! Life is going good even if there are things I want I know my higher power has better plans and man has he been showing me that. Hope everyone has a great day today!

23 Likes

I am sorry to hear about your wife’s diagnosis. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and had a partial mastectomy on one breast. She has lived an amazing cancer free life now for over 20 years. As scary as cancer is there are alot of success stories and many woman who beat this beast. Stay strong and congrats on your 5 days of sobriety. I could not think of a better time for you to be 100 % present for your wife then now. Congrats on your choice to get sober.

Sending prayers.
:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

13 Likes

Hope you feel better Laura.
:two_hearts:

2 Likes

Checking in on Day 3. I started attending meetings and I’ve been fortunate to find ones where people are being really honest and vulnerable and real, and it’s really helpful and inspiring and makes me feel less alone. I have a temporary sponsor as of yesterday and my first phone call with her is tonight. I also have an appointment with an addiction medicine therapist this afternoon.

Someone in this morning’s meeting talked about “the elevator” and that people get off at different floors. Some have to go to rock bottom. I feel like I’m trying to get off one floor above that, before I really start losing things that I love and care about.

I had a long talk with my boyfriend last night about how much I scared him when I relapsed last Saturday. It was really hard. He is one of the things I could lose if I don’t stop drinking for good.

20 Likes

@Its_me_Stella : thanks for your message of hope !! And for your prayers :pray:!
:heart:

3 Likes

Checking in on day 6! I’m so touched from the love received here and from friend supporting me and my family ! Let’s go on with hope . :hugs:

19 Likes

Checking in at the end of day 184.
Had a great day with the family today and have had no cravings at all. :boom::muscle:t2:
Went out with my wife for lunch and bought some new walking shoes…and some running shoes. :grimacing:
Yes, that’s right, I’m 50 and I’ve bought new running shoes. I’ve been saying for a while now that I want to lose 10kg and then start running. Well, thanks to consuming the better part of a thousand calories per day less in sobriety, the 10 kilos have disappeared - so it’s time to get it done. Wish me luck.
Went out with the family this evening, albeit in two separate groups of three because of the social distancing rules here, and had a great time. Picked up some Chinese dumplings on the way home for a lovely dinner. Magic.
Life really is so much better now.
Have a great sober day, wherever you are.
Goodnight. :sleeping::zzz:

28 Likes

Day 54 … my sober house and sponsor have me going to speak at a commitment in a detox tonight nervous lol but not as nervous as returning to active addiction. Have good day everyone…

26 Likes

@Hopeful777 @Alisa @Dazercat @Kareness @SoberWalker @050Nl @Misokatsu Thanks for all your good thoughts and prayers. I came home to a hungry Luna so that’s good. No puking or diarrhoea so far today so that’s good too. I gave her same fancy cat food (tuna) which she seemed to devour but in the end she didn’t eat much, mostly licked all the juice out of it. So that’s less good. I got an appointment at the vet on Thursday morning which is rather late I think. Will see how she does tonight. Love from Luna and me.

31 Likes

Hope she is doing better soon. She is so adorable. :heart:

3 Likes

Day 2 check in. Got my kids this week. I also got my 2nd covid shot yesterday and I feel like junk.

21 Likes

Checking in on day 23. Managed to get some time to myself today to read abit and clear my head . I feel a lot better for it and realise I need to do it more often and not let things get on top of me. Hope everyone’s had a lovely day☀️

27 Likes

Day 325 :sunny:

Have a nice day

27 Likes

Checking in on another day. Beautiful day today here. Have some running around to for a desert order I have to complete for a client. 20 cupcakes, 20 macarons, 20 chocolate covered pretzels, & 10 chocolate covered Strawberries. Should be fun to do & keep me busy from having the urge to use. Baking is one of my passions and I often find that when I use, my passion for this or for exercise, or anything else for that matter, goes out the window. I like to have something to look forward to and to accomplish each day. Being in early recovery I am doing all I can to ensure that I remember the positives of being clean and the shitty parts (which is everything) about getting high. Hope everyone had a great day!

28 Likes

Earlier I was grateful for the rain, now it’s making everyone crabby. Ah, impermanence. Psychiatrist increased my antidepressant as an “experiment” and told me I should probably stay away from alcohol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: bit of a waste of time. I am still trying to find a therapist but most are booked out months. I am craving some mad carbs today, I could eat a whole loaf of bread.

17 Likes

So far so good with this approaching tropical storm; mostly rain but wind will be here in a couple hours. I just hope we don’t lose electricity!
Edit: here’s where I am, that little island.

25 Likes