Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

4 Days down. My head’s a mess and my life is a mess. Addiction has me back living with my mother. I’m so ashamed and embarrassed about this, but I know why it is so. I’m doing the 90 meetings in 90 days this time. So far so good. Left to my own devices I always eventually fail. I am grateful that I am allowed home for a few hours after work to be about the kids. Although I feel like a complete failure, I do believe that if I put in sincere daily work on myself and accept the pain that it brings I will find my way to a better life. Love the way everyone here is able to share the highs and lows so well. Hope I get better at it, and join you on your way.

34 Likes

Is that from your bike ride? It looks like a beautiful post card. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

First ever post. Checking in at day 59. It’s both a huge number, coz I never thought I would get this far, and a tiny number, coz I feel like I have only just started.

34 Likes

220- headed into a hot weekend! Staying strong

23 Likes

Day 321
Have a nice weekend :dizzy::sunny::yellow_heart:

26 Likes

Almost 2 months!! To me, that’s a huge number. Keep up the hard work.

6 Likes

Almost 2 months. Thanks! :+1:

6 Likes

Whoops, didn’t realize the typo. Changed it!

1 Like

Day12
Feeling good helped rescue a baby raccoon stuck in a tree. Going to be a good day!!
Uploading: 7793E382-E0EA-4F80-96A8-623FE3165892.jpeg…

23 Likes

Glad to hear that you got help for your pain and you’re feeling better!!

2 Likes

@anon74766472 That is scary, please take care.

@Singtone That is significant! Well done!

@Girlinterrupted Amazing!

@CATMANCAM Your talk of pools makes me want to go! Hopefully I will go with my kids over summer vacation. I definitely don’t like a cold pool.

@sober_dream Welcome!

8 Likes

Checking in.
1 year 6 months sober.
Or a year and a half. Whatever. It feels great!

Some days, the only defense we have is not taking the first drink. Promise yourself that you can have one tomorrow if you still need one! One Day at a Time is all we need to stay sober!

Thanks for all your amazing support. Everyone of you.
:pray:t2::heart:

39 Likes

This is fantastic…great work and keep up the good fight! :+1: ODAAT and keep checking in here :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Checking in on day 10. Hope everyone is having a great day.

21 Likes

Congrats on 3 weeks…it’s an amazing milestone!! :+1:

As far as the weekend, I hear ya. Hopefully the long bike ride helped! We’re here for ya if you need to pop in and vent! Stay strong :slightly_smiling_face::pray:t3:

2 Likes

Good for you on 8 days!! :slightly_smiling_face: ODAAT and you’ll see that number increase before you know it! Stay strong and keep the good fight! :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Congrats on 180!! That is a beautiful number :slightly_smiling_face:. Stay strong on your holiday!

3 Likes

Hit 90. I’m at 90 :pray::pray::pray::fist_right::fist_left::pray::pray::pray:

23 Likes

Awesome awesome!! :confetti_ball:All these milestones lol. 400 days is very cool and good for you with all those clear memories and days of freedom! :slightly_smiling_face:. Keep up the good fight and stay strong :+1:

2 Likes

Great on 19 days!! I’m with you…an alcohol free weekend :slightly_smiling_face:.

Although I’ve been checking out a few events that I may attend over the weekend?? But I’m nervous. Part of me says I may not be ready yet…but the other part says I need to get out and socialize. Uggh. It’s hard cause honestly it’s been years and years that I’ve gone out to be social without drinking. I like my comfy little studio yet I do get lonely…we’ll see. Sobriety will definitely need to take precedence in whatever I decide :thinking:. Either way we will stay strong! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes