Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

Welcome Ryan.
Have a good read around. This place has been a great place for me to get support in my sobriety. Addiction is too tough to go it alone. We are stronger in numbers. And we are all worth it.

:pray:t2::heart:

Here are two good threads to start:

5 Likes

Way to go Julie :boom: 5 months is really awesome. And so are you.

:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

I have had similar conversations with my partner in the past and it also made me feel horrible. However, I know that he is just looking at our drinking together days with rose tinted glasses. There was a lot of shit that just doesnā€™t get thrown any more and I know Iā€™m pleased about that! And it definitely makes life easier for him too, whether or not he always appreciates it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I do wish he would reevaluate his relationship with alcohol but he doesnā€™t want to, and thatā€™s up to him.

Whether or not you are incompatible is obviously not for me, or anyone else, to say. But I guess if you keep doing whatā€™s right for you, it will become obvious. For me, its something I thought about a lot but decided not to have that conversation out loud until I felt clearer on it. Now itā€™s just not an issue, so Iā€™m glad I didnā€™t. Your mileage may vary of course!

10 Likes

gasp

I havenā€™t had the honor of burning a bus downā€¦ yet :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you so much ! X

1 Like

So you donā€™t just have being sober today. You have this amazing bit of wisdom, from direct experience, that will allow you to live the life you want. You have seen things as they really are, pretty awesome I reckon :pray::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you :hugs:

Obvs all milestones are great, but 300 sticks in my mind. Felt like a real shift in mindset happened for me around that time, a realisation that I could really do it. Congratulations! :partying_face:

Sounds like therapy is really ticking along too. Having that space to explore some of the ā€˜whyā€™ and ā€˜what nextā€™ is so important :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Huge congrats on 300 days Tyler!! :tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! X

1 Like

Thereā€™s been a few busses that have burned down but not while Iā€™ve been the captain of the ship

2 Likes

Welcome to the community!!!
We all got there 24 hrs at a timeā€¦ they add up if you let them.

:pray:

5 Likes

:raised_hands::clap::clap::clap::clap::raising_hand_woman: Congrats Tyler

2 Likes

It is a good support group they got here. Day 7 for me and it has helped alot. Hang in there and check back often.

7 Likes

Day 74.
7.22am
1 degree fml :grimacing:
After I got up and turned the heater on and jumped back under the doona till the house warms up, my first thought this morning was " do cockatoos get cold, do they feel the cold!?!"

Its so so cold here this morning and the cockatoos were my first thought :joy: they have made me there slave :joy::heart:

Day off today. Donā€™t need to do anything today :tada:

@CATMANCAM 300 yay!! Nice work t! :tada::pray::heart:
@Grumpybeard welcome Ryan :hugs:
@anon11129033 Alexis welcome to the 40ā€™s club! Happy birthday girl :tada::pray::heart:
@Mno thinking bout luna :hugs: hugs :pray:

29 Likes

For what I know it depends. They do feel the cold, and if theyā€™re used to a warm environment like indoors with letā€™s say like +18 C. They will probably feel cold if theyā€™re taken outside where itā€™s colder. If itā€™s a natural change of temperature, like the house is getting colder during night time itā€™ll be natural for them too. As long as it isnā€™t going to extremes. Itā€™s easiest to think that they are like us, they doesnā€™t like extreme heat or extremely cold temperatures. They want it about the same year around.
But thereā€™s probably someone who knows a lot more then I do. Have a nice day :blush:

3 Likes

Checking in on day 84. Iā€™m getting better at telling people Iā€™m an alcoholic. Never told anyone super close to me though.
My best friend, who I love very much (we call each other "wives":sweat_smile:) was busy preparing for a big exam (which she totally rocked). I didnā€™t want to bother her during such a stressfull time, so I waited.
Now the exam is over, she came to me straight away and demanded I finally told her whatā€™s bothering me. She knew something was off, but didnā€™t have the capacity to worry about me too much.
We spent 2 days together and I couldnā€™t bring myself to tell her. She didnā€™t pressure me. After she left, I wrote her a letter explaining that Iā€™m an alcoholic and have a depressive disorder and that Iā€™m ready to deal with it.
I was so afraid of her reaction that my hands were shaking. I realized how very much ashamed I am. It took me 3 years to admit it to myself and I never talked to anyone about it. Guilt and shame only ate away at me - they still do. I expected her to be disgusted by me and to run away.
So how did she react? First of all she told me she was relieved, because Iā€™m finally ready to talk. Secondly, she told me sheā€™s known for a long time, but I always shut down when someone questioned my drinking. True that.
Then she told me that there was nothing I could do to lose her and that I have her support, no matter what. God, I love her.
Iā€™m so relieved. Talking with my best friend about it made the whole issue more real and ā€¦ less scary. Also, she sprung into action right away and researched ALL the resources. I get tons of links and phonecalls from her. I know I need to go to meetings or therapy or both ā€¦ but Iā€™m hesitant to do so. Because Iā€™m still so ashamed. Itā€™ so good to finally not do this alone anymore. And sometimes you just need a kick in the ass :grimacing: Sorry for the long post, this is a real milestone for me. Learning to open up to people. Check :sunflower:

33 Likes

Iā€™m here, Iā€™m alive and Iā€™m sober.
Day 312

Kind off a strange day. I planned to have my coffee outdoors this morning. Unfortunately the local farmers decided to start with the hay harvest. And Iā€™m hysterically allergic, It havenā€™t been raining much lately so I couldnā€™t even open the windows without have a full blown allergic reaction, no matter the fact that Iā€™m taking all the antihistamines available for me.

I was totally bored all morning, and eventually I decided to go to the store. When they hay dust had settled. I made it to the store, and had to go home nd shower to wash away all the pollen.

And then I started to make a collage for me and my husbands 10 years wedding anniversary that is next week. Hw doesnā€™t know that Iā€™m making one. Itā€™ll only be us for the celebration. We postponed all the invitations because the Delta Virus is rising here, and theyā€™re saying that thw vaccines people have got doesnā€™t help against the Delta virus. And Iā€™m still not vaccinated. Anyway Iā€™ve collected photos from all 10 years of us, and of the family. Iā€™ve also made it like a small presentation and will have it streaming on our Google Chromecast in the dining room. As a surprise for the anniversary. Hopefully heā€™ll like it.

The hospital called with test results for some blood tests they took when my husband was there. Still no time for surgery and his still in pain.

The hospital said that gis liver function isnā€™t good. In fact it isnā€™t good at all, and they recommend that he quits drinking alcohol asap. Heā€™s always been a moderate drinker, so it feels a little strange. We had a small talk about it, and his defenitly going to reach for the non alcoholic beverages from now on. Iā€™m still worried a lot about his health, but it feels good to know that heā€™s taking it seriously.

Despite his pain heā€™s going to the first test for getting his drivers license, early tomorrow morning. I hope he passes.

Hope everyone had a great day. :hibiscus:

30 Likes

10 days down. Went to aa meeting again tonight. Ive been in and out of aa many times over the years. I always try to share something but every time I would clam up, forget that thing I wanted to say and self consciously blab some semi coherent half story. By the end Iā€™d be blushing and sweating even though Iā€™m not afraid to share.
Tonight was my first time to really speak from my heart about my own miserable experience of multiple failed attempts at sobriety. How it affects me and those close to me. I spoke about stuff that Iā€™m deeply embarrassed and ashamed ofā€¦ and it was the first time I felt completely calm and composed not sweating or self conscious. What I said made sense and could be heard clearly by the room.
I hope it becomes the norm because itā€™s really frustrating when I clam up and my mind goes blank when itā€™s my turn to share.
Stay safe everyone.

29 Likes

keep it up!!

2 Likes

@Bomdhil Congratulations!

@anon11129033 Happy birthday!

@anon86726034 Keep trying, that voice is sneaky, but u know better now.

5 Likes