Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

Practicing my numbers game for Saturday. :laughing:

Back hurts.
Not laid up in bed though.
Nice lunch.
Little depressed.
Still sober.
Iā€™ll call it a good day.
Fuck. Letā€™s call it a great day.
:pray::heart:

30 Likes

Checking in on day 27. One great thing coming out of my sober 4th of July weekend is that I discovered Limoncello Lacroix and I love it. We bought a case on Monday and thereā€™s only one can left after the one Iā€™m drinking right now :flushed:

My 5 year old is outside playing with the tee ball stuff so I am going to go do some Dad Stuff.

BTW, I am really proud of you @Penguin for opening up to your friend and sharing your story with us. What a beautiful friendship you must have! Itā€™s great to have that kind of support.

Hope everyone is having/had a lovely Thursday (or Friday for my antipodal buddies).

26 Likes

me too

27 Likes

The pressure is on for both of us Saturday. :grimacing::grimacing:

5 Likes

Thanks. Hope so. Youā€™re a star. Appreciate your positive vibes. Have a good one.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with this. This was very helpful to read. I really appreciate it.

5 Likes

I skipped out on veterinary school. :rofl: but that doesnā€™t sound too bad. Speedy recovery Luna :kissing_cat:
Iā€™m glad you got her in today. And least you donā€™t have to guess or worry about what to do for her.
:pray:t2: I hope she eats the new food.

1 Like

Thank you Stella

1 Like

Thank you @CATMANCAM

2 Likes

vmon3eAOp1WfK
Wooooohooooo Tyler
Congrats on 300 days cocaine free!!!

5 Likes

Wowā€¦

Thatā€™s hot.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::dizzy::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Beautiful!
Proud of you.
I remember telling my mom last year that I was an alcoholic and just being so scared and feeling very vulnerable. Her reaction was exactly the same as your friendā€™s. She said ā€œI know, weā€™ve all knownā€ ā€¦ it felt like I was the last to know. It was such a relief! And since then I havenā€™t drank. Sometimes we need that support more than we know.

15 Likes

Checking in.

Life is good.
I am getting myself out there, allowing people to see me as I am. It doesnā€™t feel bad, nor as uncomfortable as I thought it would. I feel like relationships with members from the area I was attending meetings at the begining of my recovery were not happening naturally. I donā€™t feel that way nowā€¦maybe I have found my home.

So there you have it folksā€¦
That took me 18 months of meetings and homegroups and hosting Zoom meetings and 2 sponsors and three fellowships in 2 different areas. 18 months of trying on a bunch of different shirts to see which one felt best and I wouldnā€™t have given up until I found one.

We can not do this alone and I am not saying that 12 step fellowships are for everyone. But we definitely need like minded people in our lives and hopefully more than 3/4 of them have healthy recovery under their belts.

Keep putting yourselves out there.
Congrats on your recovery.
:orange_heart::dizzy::pray:

37 Likes

This is amazing!! :grin::grin::grin::grin: Gah, I love this post! I so so happy for you and you give me hope.

6 Likes

Congratulations on that 300 Tyler. Great job.

3 Likes

Iā€™m so thankful and feeling blessed. Today is my two week mark. Itā€™s amazing to look back 15 days at how miserable I truly was and the changes Iā€™ve already put in place for myself and do daily with help from this amazing community of extraordinary . Thank you all for all the shared wisdom. It keeps me sober daily

21 Likes

Checking in tonight. Struggling a little but off to bed sober.

19 Likes

Checking in on day 12! This app is great, learning so much about how to have a healthier life. Thanks for all the shares. Feeling grateful. :grinning::grinning:

21 Likes

Love this post. Made me a bit emotional. In actual real life. :blue_heart:

6 Likes

I totally get yah there. Sometimes I feel ill be single forever. Sure I could date someone who drinks normally, but part of me wants someone who is sober. Idk is what it is, but good on you for staying accountable. Much love, oh yeah and thanks for reaching out to me when I was struggling it meant alot, sorry I never responded my brain was to fogged to even know up and down.

7 Likes