Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

Yes this photo is really making me question that poll on cargo pants.

If pants are over rated, pants that carry explosive shit against your legs are very over rated.

:sweat_smile:

@CaptAZ
David hope the burns are not feeling terrible today.

4 Likes

Happy birthday! I wish you a wonderful day! :pray::birthday::tada::innocent:

1 Like

Day 340

Almost the weekend so Iā€™m pumped for that but also getting things together in my life and moving on its definitely been scary but Iā€™ve overcome a lot of it without booze. My anxiety was through the roof earlier this week now Iā€™m back on track to crushing my goals and dreams, donā€™t let anything get in your way from achieving success :metal: hope everyone is doing well and has a great day!

29 Likes

Iā€™m sorry to hear this man, you still doing good with alcohol at least?

1 Like

Iā€™d say share more Kevin. Be with your peers. One day at a time, donā€™t go it alone and all that. Here or elsewhere. Classic case of trying to do it alone (or am I mistaken?)

3 Likes

Ask Jan (crazydutchie). Heā€™ll tell you something rather different :crazy_face: :sunglasses:. I honestly think there are nice people (and not nice people) everywhere. Amsterdam as a town is pretty laid back.

3 Likes

Happy Bird-day (see what I did?) Alexis! I hope your day is awesome! We should all be so lucky to look so young at 40!

5 Likes

Checking in day 348
We are moving back into our house (the one I have been Airbnbing) so I will be busy the next couple of days. Looks like we will be in Vegas for another 15+ months. My daughters dad accepted a job here doing kidney dialysis and the training is 15 months before he can be relocated. (To NC :crossed_fingers:) but I guess Vegas isnā€™t so bad. The only thing I am missing here are some friends. With my daughter starting preschool in August and yoga training beginning in August as well, I am hopeful. Also, I will finally have some freedom to go to AA meetings and make some sober friends (I hope) so things should be looking up.
Anyway, thatā€™s my life update. We are leaving Saturday to go to San Diego for a week. And then I am going to visit my mom in SC for 3 weeks.
My whole body is so sore. Iā€™ve been going hard at the gym. Moving is going to be a pain in the butt. Lol.
Some days I feel ā€œnormalā€ā€¦ like, I get a glimpse of my old self before I got so caught up in addictionā€¦ (only a stronger better version of me, of course)ā€¦ Proof that life does go on. :+1::+1: Keep going!!

24 Likes

Checking in day 8 . Tomorrow busy day at the hospital with my wife , to do pre-hospitalization exams. Hope to have time for a lunch at the restaurant togetherā€¦ weā€™ll see!
Have a super sober day u all!! :hugs:

20 Likes

@Kmcc123 congrats on double digits :tada:
@CaptAZ woah! Glad youā€™re okay :raised_hands:t2:
@siand sorry about the offer :pensive: congrats on the belly dancing stuff though, and the progress in regards to processing stuff differently :tada:
@TheWolf great share, congrats on progress :tada:
@Julied congrats on 5 months :tada: enjoy your time off :blush:
@anon53116147 congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@Rockstar24777 sending strength :blue_heart:
@littlemisschatterbox awesome number! :star_struck:
@Bomdhil congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@anon11129033 congrats on 2 weeks :tada: and happy 40th birthday! :balloon::birthday::gift::partying_face:

332 days no alcohol.
300 days no cocaine. :raised_hands:t2:
26 days no binge-eating.

Watched part of another movie this morning, itā€™s another one about Aliens, quite long though so I havenā€™t watched it all yet, saving the last hour for tomorrow. Itā€™s called Tomorrow War and is on Prime.

Had ED therapy today, we reflected on my progress and talked about a few things that have came up during sessions, and challenged some of my beliefs. We then continued my life map (of adverse experiences) and we will be completing the rest next week in our final session, then picking out how some of those experiences have created various needs that I have been trying to fulfil with substances and food, and identify how else I may be able to meet my needs. Sounds good to me.

Logging in to see my counter at 300 days for no cocaine really made me smile today. :blush::raised_hands:t2:

33 Likes

Ah well. Haarlem is better :crazy_face:

1 Like

Nice catch LMC :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Iā€™m at 185 days. Feeling great and loving it

18 Likes

I really feel this. I started a thread about it back in the day and got some interesting responses.

3 Likes

Checking in at the end of day 186.
Another great day.
Watched football.
Tanned.
Walked.
Planked.
Visited friends. Drove. 5 drinkers + me. No problem.
Loved driving home.
Ready for bed.
Life is so much better now.
Have a great sober day, wherever you are.
Goodnight. :sleeping::zzz:

26 Likes

Thatā€™s how we do it, pull those fricken reins back in tight like we had them those first few months. If anyone knows how to get through tough times itā€™s you. When you have a minute let us know whatā€™s up, best to letā€™s that shit out.

We got you.
:heart::pray::heart:

7 Likes

So interesting how when one is in pain they quickly turn the finger.

Hoping everything given to Luna helps and she is brighter tomorrow.

Big hugs.
:orange_heart:

3 Likes

Congrats on your 5 months of consecutive sober days!!!

Huge accomplishment.

5hgYDDh5oqbmE4OKJ3

3 Likes

Itā€™s inspiring to see the numbers on this post.
Day 4 today for me today, gotta stay strong, this weekend will be the true test.

32 Likes

Stay positive and find things to keep you and your mind busy

4 Likes