Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 2)

Yep all g now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::pray::tada: phewww :joy:

1 Like

Thanks Sarah.
But wait a minute!! You did Vegas!! And you didnā€™t drink?? Thatā€™s actually possible?? Atta girl :muscle:
Looks like you got some strong super sober power there. This will be my first flight sober coming up. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m ready for that. Who knows, maybe Vegas some day. I bet I wouldnā€™t blow as much money in Vegas being sober. Nice to see you back. Canā€™t wait for your party next week. :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:
Youā€™ve come a long way.
Youā€™re awesome.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never done insta but k do t. S and youtube a bed time, for me it becomes another obsession almost, Iā€™ve been lkeeping an eye on my digital balance weekly Iā€™m spending 35%of my week in the phone I want to get it down to around 20% if not lower a week. Il defenitely try the digital detox so did you still use t s whilst you did it or not

1 Like

You know the emotional impact is worse than anything. An your correct physical pain is really bad but itā€™s scary because the pain meds they have me on have been my DOC for 40+yrs. And thats all I have right now. If you want to talk more we can PM no need to go in to it here donā€™t want to seem like were taken over the room or changing the thread. And be thrown in exileā€¦lol My situation is so complicated that it seems like I take over when Iā€™m not really trying to cuz I tried to explain in detail and I donā€™t want to step on no oneā€™s toes or feelings because my responses are so long is someone flags me if that makes sense. Sometimes I get on here and itā€™s easier not to say anything here are the last couple daysā€¦ scared that Iā€™m going to overtake the thread by accident speaking what I want to speak in my heart.

3 Likes

Voila!

31 Likes

Lol, I live in Vegas, I did San Diego sober though! I lived in SD in my 20ā€™s and ohhh man did the drinking memories hit me like a freight train while I was there! I couldnā€™t escape them.
Iā€™ve been sober in the ā€œcity of sinā€ for 359 days now. :slightly_smiling_face: :tada: Sooooo close!!

12 Likes

Day 66 AF
Tough couple of days with some family issues. Had to make a quick dash to hospital Sunday Evening so I was proud of myself that I was able to do that. Usually I wouldnā€™t drive in the evening because Iā€™d have alcohol in my system. A positive note to reflect on during a difficult time.

30 Likes

To be honest, I feel that way all the time. Just ask @Dazercat :laughing: But seriously, I do understand what youā€™re saying about your situation and how complicated it is. I will PM you. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I logged on once in one week, so technically yes. But in comparison to multiple times a day , 7 days a week , once in 7 days was a vast improvement :hugs:

2 Likes

Vegas sober would be interesting. Last time i was there i was shotgunning beers in a bathroom Stall trying to hide my drinking from my wife. It was her 40th birthday and we landed there on our way to Cali. I sure was a sack of shit.

6 Likes

So interesting thing happened today.

I got an offer to play in a metal band that is local but touring I talked with them today he said the drummer died from an overdose right before covid hit so they went on a hiatus, very prominent, on the east coast

But has shows booked starting in the fall, we are gonna meet up and see where I fit in I got a set list and about 8 original songs he has to finish their new album,

We spent about 45 minutes on the phone, he hears some of my samples and is super excited to get to work, I was very clear with him that Iā€™m in recovery and he was like great man. Hated dealing with Drunks on stage yeah well I was one of them.

I canā€™t wait to see where this goes, I miss playing out, and being a household name, nothing is more satisfying than saying I pay the bills with a guitar in my hand

22 Likes

Oh ok. That clears it up. So hard to keep track of everyone. Glad you survived the drinking memories of SD. 6 more days :boom::boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

@Dan531 last Vegas trip for me was a bunch of high school guys reunion 11 years ago. 6 of us had turned 50 :scream: I think we had a great time. Itā€™s hard to remember. :scream: It could be really fun trying it sober and seeing some shows and eating out and playing a few slots.

3 Likes

Way to stay strong Seb. Itā€™s so wonderful to be able to drive anytime you want now isnā€™t it? Thatā€™s a great victory. I hope the family issues calm down and everyone is ok.
:pray:t2::heart:

2 Likes

Day 359.79
Oh man am I driving the struggle bus today. Its these damn hormones. I had yesterday and today to move out of my in laws house and yesterday I had nooo energy. I threw some boxes in the hall so that I looked busy and then layed in bed all day. Today I managed to move 3 car loads full but I am done. Iā€™m just exhausted and my whole face is one big pimple. Im leaving for my moms at 4:30am and havenā€™t packed. I cant find anything to pack cuz I boxed everything up. Lol. Oh man. Just gotta make it through the day.
It was our last day to go to the gym since I put our gym membership on hold and I started driving there and then turned around and went homeā€¦ to lay in bed. My daughter is gonna be so mad when she wakes up because she is in love with this boy who is there tonight and she wonā€™t see him again. Oh wellā€¦
Iā€™m definitely not kicking ass today. Butā€¦ thatā€™s life. Some days are good and some days are a struggle, but every day sober is better than any day drinking. Plus, no hang over. :slightly_smiling_face:

27 Likes

Thank you. I need to work on developing a sense of self worth. Also need to set appropriate boundaries. Starting to realise that I have major codependency issues. Lots to work on :neutral_face: Good to start becoming aware of all this.

4 Likes

@apes2020 , missed you while you were on sabbatical from social media. Good for you. I need to take a sabbatical as well.

Checking in somewhere after 4 months consecutive days, biggest accomplishment is that I didnā€™t drink today, and probably not drinking tomorrow. Love to you all!

14 Likes

518d2fb06df5a06f733d41ecd3765ea6096c30ee47521e3c3b92ad6966ce6c20.0
Just because its cute :joy:

4 Likes

1077 days alcohol free

21 Likes

Day 867. The man, the myth, the legendā€¦got some terrible news about my best friend today. Handling it the best way I can. There is that in which we can control, that in which we canā€™t and that in which we can influence. I am being optimistic, being proactive, & continuing to not drink through this time. Send a prayer up for my pal & Iā€¦weā€™ll be needing them in the days ahead :heart:

38 Likes

What a handsome fellow he is. You and he will be in my prayers. Stay strong for him Emilie.
:heart::pray:t2:

2 Likes