Checking in daily to maintain focus #31 (Part 1)

Yes I was thinking about how much help you will be to him. I hope he will listen to you and realize he doesn’t want his friends taking him to the ER again. I hate how drinking is such an expected and normal behavior. It should’nt be and hopefully he will see the light. Thinking of all of you.

3 Likes

Hey Back-On-Track. I don’t know if this helps or if you really need or want another book to try. But reading your post made me think immediately about
Russel Brand’s book
Freedom From Our Addictions

Here’s an excerpt I have in my notes I like to reread once and awhile. And I’m a big fan of the word fuck. Maybe that’s why I liked his book so much.

Here is how I look at these steps now, and it’s how I invite you to look at them too. It certainly demystifies it. I’ve probably overcompensated with the ‘f’ word, but my point is that this is a practical system that anyone can use.

1 Are you a bit fucked?

2 Could you not be fucked?

3 Are you, on your own, going to ‘unfuck’ yourself?
4 Write down all the things that are fucking you up or have ever fucked you up and don’t lie, or leave anything out.

5 Honestly tell someone trustworthy about how fucked you are.

6 Well that’s revealed a lot of fucked up patterns. Do you want to stop it? Seriously?

7 Are you willing to live in a new way that’s not all about you and your previous, fucked up stuff? You have to.

8 Prepare to apologize to everyone for everything affected by your being so fucked up.

9 Now apologize. Unless that would make things worse.

10 Watch out for fucked up thinking and behaviour and be honest when it happens.

11 Stay connected to your new perspective.

12 Look at life less selfishly, be nice to everyone, help people if you can.

Maybe this can help. I don’t know.
I hope you can find what your looking for.
Sorry your struggling.
:pray::heart:

9 Likes

Glad they got him to the hospital and now he is home safe C. It does suck you’re right…it especially sucks when it affects the people we love.
Sending hugs.
:heart:

3 Likes

Ha. Yes. Maybe I should just get a grip. Maybe I’m thinking a bit TOO much of myself if I think that people care whether I notice their milestone, or not. :joy:

5 Likes

Checking in on day 76 x

14 Likes

Big whoop !!!

Happy foto for my check-in with your milestone in my thaughts.

I’ll be back later @ my topic and give An open invite to everybody asking questions, sharing own experiances or giving feedback or Just love and support.

Be safe ts clan ! I missed you all

19 Likes

Checking in, day 237. I’m a bit upset, I feel as if a lot of stuff are spinning out of control. It is the third time in a few months when there is a threat of a possible attack against a school/kindergarten here. There are policemen standing in front of the building, this whole situation is pretty much unsettling.

I’m also worried about the kids because they will stay at their grandparents’ for a month starting this weekend. We have been so closed during the lockdown, I have been used to be around them all the time. I know that my parents can take care of them but I’m still irrationally anxious.

A few month ago my son started to make unintentional grimaces and blinking and it got a lot more frequent nowadays. The doctor said it’s not tourette, nor an eye-problem, but some psychological stuff caused by stress. She said it can be positive stress (like going to the kindergarten after half year of lockdown at home), but I’m afraid it’s his fear of losing his mother. He still carries and hugs my pijama shirt, although he stopped saying he was going to miss me.

Today is our 9th wedding anniversary. A bit sad, as we don’t know how many more there will be if any. We spent a great time together, but it feels like we run into a dead end. I try not to blame myself for it, unsuccessfully so far. But for today I focus on the good side, the memories and our short term plans for the near future.

Also relapsed on smoking a few days ago after a month. I will start the timer in a few days, but not before I meet my friend, I’m not yet ready to meet her substance-free.

31 Likes

Hello guys ! After many relapses ( alcohol and gambling) … I am back here on day one …
I am so ashamed of this , and also worried .
Self esteem is totally under the feet , and I am worried that I won’t be able to brake the circle this time !
Anyway I want to try with all of myself again .
I am still attending to AA meeting 2/3 times a week but of course there is something wrong on my attitude.
Anyway … want to try again with all of my energy.
Thanks for your comprehension, hugs

26 Likes

Day 1

I think I’m finally sick of lying to myself and ready to stop this relapse. My heart feels so full with gratitude to those who have helped me work through this privately. Thank you for your compassion. It’s 3 am here, I’m tired, my body is exhausted, but I’ve woken up sober and I’m finally ready to get back to work on my recovery. What a dark time this has been.

32 Likes

Hope you’re ok, I’m only a few days in this time so that’s all I can offer. Take care.

2 Likes

Go for it !!!

1 Like

Hey, well your kind words mean a lot so thank you. Addiction is a very lonely place for me… I withdraw, I isolate. Having a community of people like you is such a gift. Thank you.

4 Likes

Day 6 sober. Someone told me: “I don’t need your prayers “ I felt hurt but now I’m ok. I offered what works for me but I understand others. I must not taken things personally

23 Likes

db79123e743056391e0f52dca3d1be87f1db59a166288c23a30b1c8a0b80013b.0

2 Likes

Hey Alfa. I feel your pain but remember this is not your fault and negative self views make it more likely to relapse. I am on day 4 again but for the first time ever it feels different. I have been blessed with finding a sponsor who I can really relate to and trust and it is through their guidance and support I am on day 4. Talk to your sponsor and if you haven’t got one then join an online meeting and ask for help. Stay strong and believe in yourself - you’ve got this!

6 Likes

3e7500c143f684fb02509b401368ebf8fc1c7d72b68c8af02a2ebd558857cc44.0

HAPPY SOBER ANNIVERSARY! :confetti_ball: :tada:
Blessings and sobriety!
:sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

30 Likes

Checking in on day 381, I hope everyone has a good one!

25 Likes
  1. Coffee. Last shift of my 5 days workweek coming up. Which is a bit odd BC I only work 4 days a week. Well, on average. Will be off for 4 days after. I’m a bit tired from last night’s shift where one chronic psychotic lady kept yelling at me, another bipolar manic one kept picking fights with other residents and causing general mayhem in the common room, and a third lady who’s going through a swift mental decline appears to have some serious physical illness now and won’t eat and hardly drinks. And then there was also a bit of upheaval here. Which I try to stay out of when I’m working but I find it impossible to totally exclude TS when working.
    Anyhow. All this doesn’t affect my sobriety. At all. In fact I’m baffled by the lies alcohol used to tell me -lies I believed- that after a night like the last one I just absolutely NEEDED to drink to unwind. I NEEDED to go to the bar and have at least 4 “headbutts” ( a beer and a jenever together) in quick succession, or be sure to have bottles of booze to come home to and drink myself into a coma, waking up groggy and headached and in a foul mood the next morning.
    So glad to don’t believe that lie no more. I unwinded by cuddling with Luna a bit and watch some sports I missed while working. Got in bed and slept a healthy sleep. Woke up fine this morning. Sober and clean. One day at a time. Drinking: never again. We can all do it. Together. Thanks for being here all. It helps. Don’t try it alone. Alone it’s too much. Together we can do this. Love from Luna and me.
38 Likes
  1. Work is going to suck. But, I got a job…10 hours I will be home.
29 Likes