Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

Thanks! Whats wrong with bright pink goggles?? :joy:

3 Likes

Congrats :tada::tada::tada::tada: sĆ¼per

5 Likes

YESSSSS!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s 1 day no binge eating more than me, Iā€™ve changed my job and now work 7 pm until 7am so the plan is to eat healthier food to give me the energy to stay awake all night. This works well to a point but by 4am Iā€™m back on the sweets to get a sugar rush to help me out. Luckily I donā€™t drink energy drinks that shit is worse than a pint of beer and a gram of speed. :joy:

5 Likes

Checking in on my sobriety for today no feeling whatsoever to use no cravings or thoughts August 23rd is my sobriety date of this year I have 1 day with no Alcohol :pray: what do I plan on doing to stay away from that is really hard to say I donā€™t have a gameplan or where to turn to when I did it last year it was just cold turkey :turkey: this time I need a different approach on the bright side I have been sober from Cigarettes since March of this year makes it 5 months now and From Marijuana since 2018 makes it 3 years Iā€™m very happy with that ā€¦ The more I think about it the more I realize Iā€™m way to hard on myself i should pat myself on the back some more anyways hope everyone out there is having an amazing day or night wherever you are just know your a sober warrior we.got this :pray:

16 Likes

Same problems, different head. We can overcome anything in life without drink and drugs.
Are you stronger than your excuses?

27 Likes

3 Likes

Congratulations :partying_face:
Thank you for being on here supporting us all.

2 Likes

I really really want this!

3 Likes

ā€œBut we donā€™t get to live in the future. We live in the now.ā€

100%. My best friend always tells me, donā€™t worry about tonight. TONIGHT you wonā€™t use, worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

What you control is the now.

4 Likes

Congratulations @Dazercat!!
Thank you for the awesome support you give to each and everyone of us. :heart:

giphy(6)

6 Likes

Checking in on a sober and sleepy night. The patterns and routines at the beginnings and endings of each day are so incredibly helpful to me for being sober. I think I have been mapping out what a healthy bedtime and healthy morning would look like for me for about 20 years. All of those years, Iā€™d have one maybe two nights where Iā€™d follow my very ā€œLittle House on the Prairieā€ routines and feel great. The problem is, Iā€™d feel so great I thought I needed a reward. That reward turned into 6 or 8 rewards and the drunk - hangover - exhausted and shameful day cycle would resume. It was ridiculous. I so glad to be able to read, learn and share at the beginnings and endings of my days to stay on track and stay focused on this priority and new way of living that happens 1 hour at a time.

13 Likes

Checking in Day 23 no alcohol / Day 269 no weed

Just had a weird encounter. My boyfriend and I were hanging out at our campsite (we have a seasonal camper location weā€™re living at for the summer) and having a good time. I made a fire, he was cooking. He wanted to take a shower before we ate but right when he was going to our neighbor showed up, bearing beer and whiskey. I declined and said I didnā€™t drink but my boyfriend joined in. He had already been drinking and it definitely started to put him over into drunk territory. After a while, things got boring for me, I thought we were going to eat and he still had to shower, plus the neighbor kept saying he was about to leave and then theyā€™d keep talking. Heā€™d been there almost an hour and it wasnā€™t ending so I just pointed out the time to my boyfriend and asked about dinner. Well, that shut things down. I wasnā€™t trying to be rude but they were on a different level than me and couldnā€™t really find a way into the conversation. Afterward my boyfriend started telling me it was weird and picking about what had been said and done ā€” I just wanted to have the evening we said we would and eat. Now itā€™s 9:15 at night and Iā€™m still sitting here. The conversation got weird and loopy and I realized how drunk he was. So I said I didnā€™t want to talk about it while he was drunk. And then it got real weird.

He just walked back in and is just being goofy nowā€¦ I donā€™t know, itā€™s not really a big deal but the whole thing was strange and I guess Iā€™m wondering from people ā€” how do you bring a conversation with a drunk person to a close? As soon as I said he was drunk he just thought I was being ridiculous but I was true and he was starting to not make any sense. I donā€™t want to try and have a conversation with my partner when heā€™s in that state of mind.

20 Likes

Bro much love to you to WE GOT THIS we are unstoppable in sobriety ! Donā€™t give up were in this together :pray::+1::+1::+1: @anon53116147

1 Like

(Sounds all very weird indeed. Iā€™m so new in my sobriety I canā€™t even imagine how you are feeling. What I can say is you are so strong to admit you have a problem and to get sober! And that you said no to booze in that situation!! Iā€™m so impressed and that speaks volumes to your commitment to your sobriety.)

2 Likes

Thanks beachmouse. I appreciate that. I think whatā€™s throwing me off the most is that my boyfriend and I have been going through some stuff lately and were making progress with our communication. If he wasnā€™t drunk the conversation would have gone much differently but instead it feels like a step back. Now heā€™s continuing to be weird and rude to me over me asserting myself (he just started to watch videos on his phone and I asked him to wear headphones which is making him be very passive aggressive).

But really maybe what bothers me most is that Iā€™ve been there before too. Iā€™ve been drunk and mean and weird and turned into a brat. So maybe I donā€™t like seeing someone I love in that state. I know it all too well.

6 Likes

Checking in on day 74. Today seemed really long for some reason. Tough to breathe in the morning due to a layer of wildfire smoke lying low in the area. That seems mostly to have cleared, but really hoping for some rain to ease those fires.

Congratulations @Dazercat Eric on the six hundo!

Way to go @CATMANCAM on sticking to your meal plan! I hope you find the new book helpful.

16 Likes

Hey MagicILY.
Congrats on a strong 23 days and the no weed.
When my children were deep into their addiction and everything seemed to be out of control I finally went to Alanon. Al-anon.org
It got to be more important for me to take care of myself. And I learned I was not alone. The last thing I wanted to hear was, because of their drugging, I had to go to a meeting?:grimacing::scream: Seriously? Anyway just a thought. Al-Anon really help when I found a good meeting. I ended up looking forward to going.
Take care of yourself first.
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

434 days & Iā€™m seriously struggling to not break down into a complete mess. I have kinda reached out for help. I saw a doctor today and filled a prescription and I have been referred to Mental Health and Addictionā€™s counseling. I canā€™t help but think my whole home situation is fucked up but Iā€™m committed to not leaving at this time. Hopefully with some support and someone to confide in I can improve my mental state and truly focus on myself and what I need. Right now I just feel like my needs are unimportant and I donā€™t matter. Thank fuck Iā€™m sober or everything would be unbearable right now.

21 Likes

I hope and pray the counseling helps Michelle. And itā€™s so good you got all those ODAAT to lean on and continue no stay sober AF.
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Or at least less worse. Take care of you :hugs:
:pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

5 Likes