Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

Thank you @AyBee !! I’ve been missing good numbers, so was pretty chuffed when I got that one :+1:

I’m slowly gearing up for all the 6’s, but that’ll be in the wee hours :flushed:

I see that you posted a third of the devil earlier. Very nice :+1:

2 Likes

Day 363
Big storm came through last night and dropped a tree on our house. Luckily just a small damage to the shingle/trim of the roof. Tree was mostly dead so it wasn’t too heavy. Spent the day sawing and moving large sections to the burn pile. Heading to bed sober and completely exhausted.

21 Likes

Good morning :sunny:

9 Likes

Day 93.
2.36pm.

Sober tings :point_right::point_right::point_right::point_right:

Being so excited about life that you smash out an at home work out coz you know, trying to live a that girl life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::100::pray: a clean and sober that girl life :heart:

After work out cheeky coffee reward coz, well coffee :laughing:

20 Likes

213 Days

All good here. Last day of my Homeless job there will be tears i am sure. But the centre is very close to home so can visit whenever i can so thats a blessing.

Packing this eve for trip to Wales set off tomorrow. I am driving its about 3 hrs if clear. Looking forward to spending time with my two closest friends. Me being the sober one, how novel! Be a good opportunity to talk properly with them, not had a chance really as their husbands etc are normally about… been a while since we been together so i am looking forward to that. Zip wire not sure :thinking: goes over 100 mph, dam high :flushed: over a quarry. Not got a clue how i will feel about that at the time. But a new sober experience.

Have a great sober day :green_heart:

23 Likes

How exciting!! New beginnings are SO exciting :tada::pray::heart:

1 Like

aZ3LDBs1ExsE8

I see 1010.

3 Likes

Checking in at day 50
All in all it was a good day… an old friend of mine reached out and congratulated me on my days sober… we stopped talking on bad terms but we’re working on our friendship again so that’s that’s plus… Waking up and going to sleep without hangovers is great. Reading everyone’s accomplishments makes me happy for them. So have a good sober day/night whenever you should read this :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

Day 16. Sat Outside the gym again, I feel like I don’t even need to say this anymore :joy:. If I’m checking in let’s just assume I’m here.
Anyways… I literally jumped out of bed this morning as soon as my little peep holes opened, full of enthusiasm and gratitude.
I can vividly remember when I was In my darkest moments, I’d wonder if I’d ever feel like this again or was that just how my life was to be from now on. I’m here! I’m doing it! If that’s not something to be thankful for then I don’t know what is. Have a great day everyone and well done

20 Likes

Morning all. Feel knackered and it’s raining but off for a run in 10 mins. Anyone else working from home and have kids at home for the summer holidays?! This time last year I had my little girl at home for summer and I was working but drinking…drinking…drinking. So grateful not to have a hangover in the mix today! Have a good one everyone!

17 Likes

Checking in…
576.9 days substance free

Spent the afternoon at the river with a new friend in recovery. We grabbed some dinner and hit a meeting after, it was a great day. It happened to be a members sweet 16 tonight… there are just so many cakes in this area!!! Very active fellowships here I feel very blessed. It’s nice to recognize people from different meetings and be able to hug them now!!! :hugs:

I remember about 4 months ago saying to you guys… " I’m not sure NA is for me…" and in that moment I wasn’t. I had been giving it all my effort, hosting Zoom meetings, chairing, secretary for my homegroup, stepwork, sponsor and I just wasn’t feeling it. 4 months ago I also remembered what it was like when I had tried to do this on my own in 2005 and fallen flat on my face, relapsing. I am glad I didn’t throw the towel in on NA, I just needed to try some new things on to find a better fit, not everything will feel right.

I have finally accepted that I owe myself damn good care for the rest of my life. For me that care starts with staying clean.

:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

31 Likes

Super proud of you Stella. You’ve come a long way.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

It’s huge @Its_me_Stella … the fit was just right! Like trying on clothes and you know what works! Congratulations on your commitment to yourself to stay clean!
Happy for you!
Happy for @everyone with their freedom days or trying so hard to get started.

7 Likes

Checking in 572.98 still sober.
I haven’t been checking in much except to celebrate milestones and maybe throw a piece of wisdom out there that has helped me. Not much going on in my world. Just trying to live ODAAT. Big stuff next week which sometimes makes it hard to live in the present. But I’m not drinking about it. Probably not going to drink about it tomorrow either.
Congratulations on all the milestones, and every day we don’t pick up is a milestone.
:pray:t2::heart:
I’m not drinking today because it’s never just one.

30 Likes

3 days down, going on 4. I woke up early today, feeling tired and wierd in my head as I have last cuople of days. Having my coffee. Going to have my 1 Covid shot today( really soon), Im not looking forward to it, anxiety. Im not afraid of needels, but Im not in control here and dont now nothing.

Have a great one everyone. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

If you get to insecure about the critics maybe it’s good not to share your tattoos for a while? Just read and learn about the comments on other tattoos? If the group is not helping you to grow right now maybe this is a way?
Do not worry about your customer. They chose you. They have a choice who they want to put ink on their body. They have to do their own investigation about your portofolio, qualities and price. And if your are honest about your skills, what you can and cannot there is no ploblem at all. What I try to say your customer has a responsability too, it’s not all yours to carry.
Enjoy the tattooing Mike, you are doing great!

15 Likes

Congratulations Chis!! I’m right behind you :sweat_smile:
Did you celebrate?
hello-now-youre-a-cool-kid-imgflip-com-lionel-richie-52747266

1 Like

Checking in clean and sober, busy busy with kids off for summer holidays, off bowling on Friday with kids so looking forward to that. X have a blessed day. Xx

13 Likes

So what’s your plan Kelly?

3 Likes

Thanks buts. Its not that I’m insecure about it. But I expected constructive criticism, not destructive. Absolutely all my clients have been happy, I never think I’m good enough and see where I need to improve. I actually really love that gif I’m going to draw that today lol. Thank you for for the inspiration

4 Likes