Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

I can relate to the frustration with healthcare for sure @anon9289869, I know it’s tough and I hope they can get things moving for you. Oh and… one more day till your year sober YAY YAY YAY!!! Proud of you!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Wow I’m honestly at a loss right now. The kid who I use to ride to a.a with and was my sponsor for a little bit passed away today from his addiction. He messaged me a couple weeks ago asking how I was doing. I said good just taking it a day a time. But I didn’t ask how he was doing, I was selfish, part of me didn’t like him so I didn’t care how he was doing. Now I realize what if he was hurting, If I would said more or reached out maybe we could of talked and started hitting meetings together. I don’t feel like this is my fault, but man he has three kids, he was going through so much and I really feel like wtf atm. Stay sober everyone for real

24 Likes

That is so awful. I hate addiction and what it does. So much pain. Hang in there. It’s good to be sober.

9 Likes

That is so sad. We have to remember addiction can be life and death. Sending strength to you, and of course his family.

9 Likes

Morning everyone day 170 for me. Has a mad busy week at work and home with some added stress between me end my partner which hasn’t been good . Anyway I’m still here , still sober , still going to the gym most days although I’ve had to have physio on my hip this week and need an x Ray on it plus she has told me to calm down with the exercise before I do more damage so need to replan my routines . Hope everyone is ok and having a strong week :blush:

16 Likes

This is heartbreaking. I am so sorry for all. “For real” is right. Addictions do really kill. Hugs for you, I am sorry.

1 Like

214 days

@Girlinterrupted well done on another PB :clap: your strength is inspiring…
@Kmcc123 wow enjoy your holiday have a great time
@anon53116147 how sad, a strong reminder of how addictive behaviour impacts so negatively.

All good here, yes sad day, had some lovely cards and kind words given to me. It really hit home how my work change and being sober has been instrumental in finding a happier me, a useful me, a giving back me. I love life atm i really do. Despite uncertainty of my new job i feel things will be ok.
Last morning of cleaning, thankfully. All packed for road trip with my friends, super excited. I am going to make the most of this sober.
Have a good day :blush:

19 Likes

Day 17, outside the gym again :tipping_hand_man:t2:. Yesterday was a bit of a shit day at work and I was super tired. Instead of drinking my feelings away I ate some very unhealthy food (I basically ate my feelings instead :joy:, but it beats drinking or using) and got an early night. A new day today, the sun is shining, I ache all over but feel amazing again. Some lovely reads on here this morning :relaxed: I’d @ people but, in short, I’m a bit lazy. Happy sobering everyone

17 Likes

How sad Mike, but don’t let that “wtf” bite you too. Hang in there!

1 Like

Day 1044 :coffee:
Mixed feelings today…
My oldest son is going to get the keys of his appartment today. The first one is leaving the nest. It’s ok, it’s normal, but I’m worried as well.
The worrying part is the downside of being a mom I guess.
Just listened to my favorite song. A part of the songtext is tattoed on my arm.

It always makes me happy! It made me think about this place as well.
“Strangers are strangers until they meet”
Well here on TS…officially you are all strangers!
But also you are not because we’ll meet.
I like that concept.
🙋

15 Likes

21 Likes

Nice numbers Joy!! :seven::five::zero: days sober!! :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Checking in early today. Halfway through day 207.
Just been out for a walk. My daughter is swimming today and my two usual walking friends had already exercised when I contacted them, so I was on my own. I thought I’d kill two birds with one stone and listen to a couple of sobriety podcasts. What has knocked me sideways though, is that they have made me crave after not thinking about alcohol at all for a few days. Admittedly it is as hot as hell here and I was undoubtedly dehydrated, but it just brought everything to the front of my head again. I’m going to eat a big, satisfying healthy lunch and have a couple of pints of water with it - but I feel a bit shaken. I have used podcasts as a supportive tool for the last 6 months and this has made me doubt them.
Anyway, I hope you have a great sober day, wherever you are. :blue_heart:

19 Likes

Checking in clean and sober, house looks like a bombs hit it BC kids are on holiday so day at home trying to figure that out and off swimming at some point. Have a blessed day

14 Likes

Thank you everyone for congratulating me on my milestone :hugs::rose:

11 Likes

Ha I can relate! I only have 1 and the mess she makes :exploding_head:

Have a great day everyone!

5 Likes

@Singtone good days and bad days … perhaps it might help you to go back and read some of your older posts, your gratitude posts.
You have been so strong in your affirmations to yourself to not drink, how grateful you feel that you don’t drink, how much better your and your family’s life is. Those are the “podcast” that you need to listen to and keep very very close to your heart. Stay strong, stay sober. I hope the intrusive thoughts will go away.

5 Likes

Thanks @Alisa. I appreciate your support. You’re right, I do love being sober, along with everything that it brings to me and my family.
As you say, up days and down days. I don’t think I’m anywhere near drinking, I’m just a bit unsettled by it.

2 Likes
  1. Coffee. No therapy group today. Thinking of something to do before going to the gym later in the afternoon, there’s a new branch of my club close to my mate’s place where I’m going for dinner after. So will check the place out. It’s a bit too windy and unsettled to go for a bike ride. Also started counting my intake and exercise today, I want to lose something like 10 kg in the coming months. The act of counting calories already makes me eat less. It’s all about mindfulness. Well, a lot anyway. Have a good day all. Sober and clean. ODAAT. Love from my balcony.

25 Likes

Checking in. Feeling good waking sober. Im happy for every morning waking sober. I will work hard to stay this way. Where I live AA meetings are closed bc Covid and Im not sure when it will start again. I think I want to try it, I have not before, maybe it will make a difference for me staying sober and not fall off all the time. I also consider to start in a gym when my summer hollidays are over and I have done a few weeks sober.

Still a little sore in the arm after Covid shot yesterday, it was worse yesterday, so hope this will be it :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope everyone is doing good. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

17 Likes