Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

A belated very happy birthday @M-be-free49 :partying_face: xx

1 Like

Congratulations on your two weeks!

1 Like

Checking in on Day 102. Had the best sober weekend. I had ao much fun. Pure, laugh out loud, singing and dancing fun.
Iā€™m very tired this Monday morning. But not a smidge hungover and for that I am grateful! X

20 Likes

Congrats on your year @Clarity !!!

Really happy to see this :+1:

2 Likes
  1. Coffee. To take some time to read through this thread, and share in your struggles and victories, is always a great start to my day. Always good to feel the connection and know Iā€™m not alone. Alone itā€™s too much. Together we can do this. One day at a time.
    As for myself, Iā€™m good. Very busy day at work last night as the IT system went down and I made a mistake with giving out medication. All ended well and I didnā€™t feel the need to numb myself afterwards. At all.
    Todayā€™s a new day. Iā€™m sober and clean. As part of my battle against the avoidance monster (thanks @M-be-free49) I decided to think of something Iā€™ve been avoiding and meet it head on. Just one thing each day. Today Iā€™m going to the gym. Have a good week all, or at least as good as you can. Clean and sober. Love from Amsterdam. Pic is one of my favourites by Dutch photographer Eddy Posthuma de Boer, who died aged 90 yesterday. Amsterdam 1969.

@Clarity yay you Sarah! HUGE congrats lady. Itā€™s been a pleasure and an honour to see your growth.
@RosaCanDo ODAAT for all of us friend. 70 is great. Hugs.
@Lilemm Yes! 30 days! Going places! Congrats!
@Claartje Gefeliciteerd met een maand Claartje!
@Ooooops Two week IS big Byron. Congrats & keep going.
@Dolse71 great share Paul. Thanks. Glad to see you still on your way. Good times and bad ones.
@CATMANCAM Success on your assesement friend. These people know what they are doing. Just be honest with yourself. Youā€™ll be fine.
@Chiron Belated birthday wishes!
@apes2020 Thatā€™s really big April. Very glad for you.

26 Likes

Day 1 done, into day 2. Feeling motivated not to drink today. Slept without waking up during the nigth (when I drink I always wake up at nigth). Tired and headaches. Having my coffee now, first morning coffee in months. Going to have a shower and Just take it an easy day today.

Have a good Day everyone.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

Congratulations! Happy for you!! To me you are that responsible trustworthy person that they are trusting with the keys. ā€¦ I write that as a metaphor also bc its so much more than just keys. Very happy for you. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

c8bb65a9206a3c8cdadab422e3503eff56ab6903d719f08c397892e17c32fe48.0

2 Likes

Checking in clean and sober, sunā€™s shining kids on school holiday, got my homegroup tonight. X have a blessed day.

13 Likes

Day 113.
:pray:. :tada::fire::tada::fire::tada::fire::tada::star2::star2::tada::fire::tada::fire::tada::fire::tada::pray:

15 Likes

Day 349
What is the line between caring about ur partner and being controlling? I wanted to take the kids to the sea and my husband is against it, because of the worry of drowning; there are drowning news stories every day here. But I was planning on paddling not swimming. And there are traffic accidents everyday but he still drives. HE drives, because he doesnā€™t let me do that either. I know I didnā€™t help myself in my drinking time when I was unreliable, but the not letting me even get a license was before my drinking was too bad. I canā€™t shake the feeling he just wants me in the house doing kidsā€™ stuff, but God forbid I try to do anything else. Feeling very frustrated. I want to enjoy something a bit different in my sober life.

24 Likes

Checking in, day 263 no booze, day 13 no cigarettes. The trip of the last few days was tough and intense, but finally Iā€™m home now.

26 Likes

Good morning friends - day 254!
Sleeping ok, but my dreams are just strange - not scary, but odd. I guess thatā€™s what happens when you let your sober brain loose for 7-8 hoursā€¦
My gigantic data migration effort over the weekend is basically done, and pretty much on-time. There were some hiccups, but we got past them and I think my customers will be happy. I have a status phone call in about an hour, but Iā€™ve emailed them the full status update anyway. There are some housekeeping tasks that are running now, but the data is moved - thatā€™s the big part.

Rainy morning here in NE Florida - thatā€™s fine with me. I like to listen to the rain and everything stays nice and green.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

27 Likes

@Hopeful777 I will go , Godā€™s willing, one entire month in silence without internet. Pray for me. Day 6. @Hopeful777 I really appreciate your last words to me. Heartfelt thank you

9 Likes

Two weeks today. I have had thoughts about drinking and how nice it would be to just have one. But I tell myself that is not possible for me. I have enjoyed waking up in the morning and feeling great and not hung over. Keeping this sober train going. Not sure when it will stop or if it will ever stop but we are enjoying the ride.

29 Likes

Good morning day 45. Halfway to ninety. I just completed a number of deadlines at work, and I donā€™t really have anything pressing until August starts. I am actually going to try to take a week off without thinking about work. Without feeling overwhelming guilt. That will be a difficult task for me. My parents are are visiting this week, so perhaps that makes it easier to distract from the guilt. I recently got a dosage adjustment in my psych meds and itā€™s making my head feel strange and giving me the urge to nap every afternoon. Hopefully temporary.

Hope everyone is well. Sorry to hear about your frustration, @Misokatsu. That does sound quite aggravating.

Congratulations on a successful data migration @Charlie_C! Improving cyberspace one byte at a time :grin:

Congratulations on 1095 days @SoberGuyUSA! My calculations are 1095/365=3. I guess we had a leap year last year so big day coming up tomorrow? :wink:

22 Likes

Hey everyone, checking in on day 407. I hope everyone has a productive and sober week this week!

23 Likes

Thank you Marie!

Day 409 clean and sober today. Iā€™m up super early, super excited for today!!! Canā€™t believe itā€™s finally happening, Iā€™ve waited what seems like an eternity for this day. Iā€™m hoping to make a difference in these menā€™s life and try to give them hope. Have a freaking fantastic day everyone, I love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

25 Likes

Slipped. Back to day 3.

16 Likes