Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

Yay Shay!!! Seeing this makes me truly happy Lady. You’ve grown so much. I’m honoured to share some of our roads together. Huge congrats. Keep growing. You’re doing fantastic.

7 Likes

Quick late check in before the new day is here. My work day was a whole lot better than yesterday. Which can’t be said of team NL at the Olympics. Here’s what happened today exemplified by the favourite for the MTB race Matthieu van der Poel. Reminds me of some of my cycling home from a bar in the past. Well, there’s always tomorrow. Sober and clean. Goodnight all. Love.

19 Likes

And trips! I never thought I’d be taking a trip to see a friend here!!! Yup never would have happened as a drunk :frowning:
Happiness is being sober for sure!!

11 Likes

Appreciate you Mno. Life is so different from the 1st day I checked into here. Couldn’t have gone this far with out you guys. :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

@anon53116147 But other people have so much to teach us! I mean, that is one reason to go to meetings, right? Getting info from others doesn’t have to mean blindly follow it. You use ur discretion to absorb what u desire.

@Desire2ChangeToday Whoo hoo! Smashing it out of the park!

11 Likes

@AyBee cool catch :star_struck:
@apes2020 that is a big deal, congrats on earning your employer’s trust :tada:
@Hopeful777 sending strength as you navigate your endings :blue_heart: fingers crossed for the background check :crossed_fingers:t2::pray:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@Chiron happy belated birthday :balloon::gift::birthday::partying_face:
@Ooooops congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@Beforemy30s congrats on sober fun! :tada:
@SoberGuyUSA that looks like 3 years to me, though I’m aware there’s probably a leap year day in there amongst them, either way, congrats! :tada::star2::star2::star2:
@Misokatsu I’m sorry you’re dealing with this, I’ve been with controlling partners in the past and it destroyed me. I hope you will find a way to have fun and do the things you want to do without needing permission :pray:t2:
@Charlie_C congrats on success with the data :clap:t2:
@TeamMeyer congrats on 2 weeks :tada:

9 Likes

congratulations, never gets boring seeing people reach the first year. :+1:

2 Likes

First the hair and now this your full of surprises, well done :+1:

1 Like

@Iwebt sorry to hear, welcome back :slightly_smiling_face: congrats on 3 days :tada:
@anon53116147 keep practicing Mike, I’ve heard tattoo artists practice on melon skin, you can even buy something that is more realistic to human skin to practice on, not sure what’s available where you are, everyone has to start somewhere, if they aren’t giving helpful advice/constructive criticism, then they are just haters, keep doing you :+1:t2:
@Petri congrats on your smoke-free year :tada:
@Its_me_Stella congrats on 575 AF and 3 months free of self injury :tada:
@Complicatedmama congrats on 1300 days and the new home :house::tada: Sorry to hear about your brother, sending prayers :pray:t2:
@Desire2ChangeToday congrats on 2 years :tada::star2::star2:

350 days no alcohol.
318 days no cocaine.
1 week no binge-eating.

Therapy assessment was really fkin hard. I struggle so much when trying to communicate in speech, and their opening question was the worst one they could have asked me…‘So tell us about you’…so vague, where to start, what specifically do you want to know!? Ugh, I tried my best to summarise my entire life into one hour, answered their questions as best my brain would let me. It must have gone okay because they said they’d be putting my name on the waiting list, they also said it would be possible to have sessions online, but because of the nature of the therapy, the occasional in person sessions would be beneficial. They said although I stated that I used to be an extremely emotional person, it was very clear that I’ve been keeping ‘a tight lid on that’, because I didn’t seem at all emotional even when recounting past traumas, and that it’s very likely I will regress back to being extremely emotional before it starts to get better, which may take some time. I know this is going to be hard, but I also believe it will be worth it. I want to be a whole person again, not numb and isolated from people and the world, so I will do the work.

Aside from the assessment, I had a nice day, we looked round a couple of shops, the weather was pleasant, we had Starbucks, and then after the assessment we went for a late lunch which was nice too.

I slept a solid 5 hours again last night, I was far too pre-occupied to exercise this morning, and far too drained to go when I got home, tomorrow I will get back to it, it’s going to be hard after 5 days off, but I also know I will feel really good when I’ve done it.

Also, these eye allergies can fk right off!

24 Likes

Congratulations Shay. That is so wonderful.

What a beautiful new sober life you are living.
Good for you Shay :boom::boom::boom:
:pray:t2::heart:

8 Likes

Congratulations on your one year of not smoking. That’s got to feel sooooo good.

4 Likes

I love reading your numbers bc your just like me, we can quit all that hard-core stuff but that dam food is another story. Well done anyway :+1:

2 Likes

I swear this said ten months a second ago while I went looking for a gif to celebrate. Your getting it anyway. You’re darn worth it.
Maybe you’ll get another one in a couple of days.
Yippee :raised_hands:

5 Likes

It’s true, the food struggle is real :sweat_smile: Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Still sober on day 1,038. Been going through some minor drama lately, with both family and work; its a good reminder that there are the things you can control and the things you can’t; do focus on what you can and hope for the best.

19 Likes

Oh!!! I know a thread for that.

:joy:

4 Likes

I’ve literally just ate 2 cakes and gone to bed then wonder why I don’t sleep :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

byR4lWlXhCG36QUx9W

Congrats on your two full years, every fricken day without booze.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Goosebumps post…
So.
Damn.
Close.

You’ve been missed.
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!

Two fabulous, amazing, inspiring years of growth and success.

giphy (1)

6 Likes