Checking in daily to maintain focus #32

I am almost at five months soberity

11 Likes

I know this feeling maybe reading your post evokes many emotions in me. Here is my favourite poem.

14 Likes

I got the worst ADHD and canā€™t comprehend even close to what that means :joy:. Like keep pushing forward?

3 Likes

Good morning , just checking in

7 Likes

7 months today, 7 months of freedom, self-learning and discovery.

23 Likes

Thats awesome :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Way to go Marie.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Iā€™m recognizing some trauma from my early teen years today. Watching some stupid show triggered it. Doing my best to just sit in the discomfort and let go.
I think this is a huge reason I started drinking in the first place in my early teens. Thinking about the things I went through as a 13 year old kid still brings up shameā€¦.
Not repressing, not obsessing, just recognizing and letting go.
Grateful to be sober and have a place to check in. Thanks for being here.

13 Likes

Exactly. For me it means that thanks to the work I put in my recovery I still might fall in holes (dark thoughts and make the same mistakes) but it gets easier and I stay less time in these holes and eventually, maybe I have learned my lesson and take another road.

Edit: saying, I donā€™t understand, please precise is also a huge step. So ppl can explain differently, get to know each other better. Eg I love pictures and metaphors where your brain might not be wired like this, so communication might be hindered. So, giving feedback is a good thing.

10 Likes

@Complicatedmama how exciting about the new house and a magnificent surprise for your childrenā€¦ my thouggts and prayers are with your brother, wishing him strength to fight his addiction. Congratulations on your 300 days totally amazing, well done
@Desire2ChangeToday 2 years wow, congratulations to you :slightly_smiling_face:
@CATMANCAM thank you for your good wishes and good news re Therapy all good work in progress .
@Rockstar24777 ah so good you had an awsome day, sure illustrates how far you have come in your journey and now giving back. You will get so much from this work, as i do with a similar roleā€¦ very happy for you.
Thank you @Claartje :green_heart:
The only way @Dazercat Eric, the last month has flown. So good to have reach personal bests in so many ways, never felt so solid and wanting sober lifeā€¦ thank you :blush:

Have a good, sober day all

7 Likes

Your right. I think Iā€™m gonna give this a solid year on my career, I mean itā€™s literally been about 3 months of doing this. Iā€™m gonna practice harder and work for it harder, if I donā€™t get better in a years time then I will find something else. But I made 200 dollars off that tattoo today so to me that says Iā€™m worth something.

10 Likes

Hell yeah man thatā€™s so true. And now that I think about it, I joined a lifting forum when I first started lifting and posted videos and damn did I get the some criticism. Nobody seriously knows how to be humble and help ppl anymore. Which is kind of why I stick the self teaching, there is no drama then. I do miss my lifting, tomorrow I have anther tattoo and then Iā€™m gonna go for a hike. Thanks for the pep talk bro

2 Likes

Day 15. Sat outside the gym becauseā€¦. This body wonā€™t build itself. Itā€™s rainy and I have to work out side today. Hungover me would have a hated this and probably just not bothered going to work. Somehow a little rain doesnā€™t bother me at all anymore, Iā€™m just grateful I still have a job to go to. Much love everyone, have a happy and sober day

18 Likes

Day 92.

Sober tings ā€¦

Today I had a pleasant surprise. I got a text from my bank telling me they had money to refund to me. I thought it was a scam at first because well why would the bank Want to randomly give me money without me first asking for it? :thinking::joy:

Turns out, they do. And today I got refunded a few hundred dollars because apparently the universe its dishing out my manifesting orders :joy:

Ive been manic manifesting lately. And the synchronized moments of universal magic are showing uo everyday. And when these moments of alignment happen, the pure joy I feel Internally ripples through me and makes me smile so authentically I could cry. You know those moments of pure love joy and happiness that just happen out of no whereā€¦thats why we are here on this earth, to experience love, joy, and happiness :heart:

It wasnā€™t the money In particular that made me excited, it was the way the universe orchestraded it to get it to Me how it did and at the moment and time that in didā€¦

There is so much infinite magic in our human incarnations, be open to receiving it :heart: @Chiron

23 Likes

Morning all! Quick check in from me. Looking forward to another sober day. And itā€™s raining so no need to water the allotment. Itā€™s the little things, lol :joy:

17 Likes

Checking in clean and sober, got mo my meeting last night that Iā€™m so fortunate to have local to me, have a blessed day all. X

20 Likes
  1. Coffee. One more late shift ahead. Looking forward to my weekend after that which will be really free time as my therapy group is on summer break. Will still be working on my mental health though. ODAAT, sober and clean. Itā€™s an essential part of my -and anybodyā€™s- recovery. Recovery is about so much more than simply stopping using our DOC. have as good a day as you can all. Clean and sober. Love from Amsterdam.

25 Likes

3 days coming up today. Having my coffee again today, feels good drinking coffee and not wine in the morning. Had hard time fall asleep yesterday, lots of anxiety, so feeling tired today. Having some pains in my body, but feel pretty good, could be worse. Will not make big plans for the day, just take it easy and take the day as it come.

Good day to you all. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Ok doing good but when is it over? When do I get to feel like I have succeeded? I know it is ODAAT. and will probably always be. Just feeling a bit blue. Caught a cold, under quarantine. Had to get tested even though I am vaccinated. Canā€™t go to the gym. Have to work from home until I get a negative covid test. Everything was going so good and then this setback. Could be worse thoughā€¦I could have picked up a bottle but not caving in. Stay strong peopleā€¦we got this.

23 Likes

Day 73 AF
Yesterday I returned to work after 2 weeks off. I got seriously triggered when I was leaving work as the boss had put some beers in the fridge for the workers for the first time in months and it instantly took my thoughts to.a bad place. I was strong enough to close the fridge and go home but it was the first time in a couple of months that Iā€™d had a serious urge.

25 Likes