Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Big congratulations!

3 Likes

Checking in day 356. 9 days to go!

18 Likes

Checking in on day 72 while watching some Ohio State football!

17 Likes

Congratulations on 700 days!!
and so sorry that things are rough. :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Congrats on 700 @Dan531, thinking of you guys every day :heart:

4 Likes

Congratulations on 700 days @Dan531!!
I know life has been really throwing you some curve balls lately but Iā€™m proud of how youā€™ve been handling it. Stay strong and much love to you and your lil pal. :heart:

8 Likes

@KellyKelly sorry youā€™re struggling, I can relate, sending strength :blue_heart:
@Its_me_Stella prayers for your friend and her husband :pray:t2: sending strength :blue_heart:
@MagicILY congrats on 300 days no weed :tada:
@HoofHearted sending strength :blue_heart: I hope today has been better for you :pray:t2:
@RetainKingII congrats on 10 months :tada:
@Bomdhil congrats on your week :tada:
@Dan531 congrats on 700 days :tada: sending strength :blue_heart:
@947496893734373 congrats on your week :tada:

411 days no alcohol.
379 days no cocaine.
17 days no disordered eating.

I applied for an apprenticeship today, as an Early Years Educator for disabled children with life-limiting conditions. I have worked with them as a carer before and found it really rewarding. I always struggle not to get my hopes up all these times Iā€™ve applied for things since getting sober, and the closing date for applications isnā€™t til 20th October, so itā€™s a long wait to find out if Iā€™m through to the next stage.

19 Likes

Congratulations on 700 @Dan531. Stay strong, mate.

4 Likes

Day 423
Still sick. This cold has been relentless. Finally starting to let up a bit today. I laughed this morning because it was easy to tell when everyone was awake because there was sniffling suddenly throughout the house.
Feeling anxious that I havenā€™t felt well enough to get much done the past week. Going to meditate and head to bed. Good night all!

21 Likes

Day 55 no alcohol! Happy Saturday everyone.

17 Likes
  1. Coffee. Counting down to the end of my double work week. Three days to go. Sober and clean. Shoulder is so so. My head too. Iā€™ll keep going ODAAT. One foot in front of the other. Have as good a Sunday as you all can. Make it clean and sober. Love.

26 Likes

Ty Tyler, that sounds like a very rewarding job.
:pray:

4 Likes

Im glad youā€™re okay!

1 Like

What happened?
Donā€™t compare it to last year, thatā€™s just your addict brain creating a loophole so that you give in.

4 Likes

Chronic pain is really difficult, and Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re going through this. I have sincere sympathy for you as Iā€™ve dealt with my own struggles since a surprise meeting with a snowplow in 2017.

The constant pain can just sap emotional and physical energy. Big or small, constant pain can really take a toll. I hope youā€™re able to work through this sooner rather than later.

3 Likes

Youā€™re leaving where? The bar? Great! Here? Donā€™t! Itā€™s never worth it. Never ever ever. Hang with us.

5 Likes

Thank Chiron.
I actually did something amazing the other day. I LISTENED TO MY BODY and I didnā€™t do any work outs on Thursday or Friday. And took it easy. And Iā€™m feeling much better. I had Pilates today with my new trainer. And I got X-rays scheduled with my chiropractor on Monday. Fuck chronic back pain.
I guess Iā€™ll checkin while Iā€™m here.

632 days AF
44 days no added sugar.

11 Likes

Good for you! Your body knows whatā€™s best! I mean.not as much as Alice knows best, but close enough. :laughing:

But seriously, thatā€™s good. It can be a hard lesson to learn, especially if youā€™re used to doing more. Hang in there! Iā€™m cheering for you!

3 Likes

That sounds like a great thing to go for! If it doesnā€™t come through this time then hopefully the right thing will be waiting just around the cornerā€¦ But keeping everything crossed for you regardless :blush::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Noticing is the first step to change. Make this time different.

2 Likes