Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Good to hear it!

What’s going on to put you in that kind of cycle?

3 Likes

I am glad you are home, that you posted, that you recognize/d what is going on!

4 Likes

273 days

Been away in Yorkshire Dale’s for 4 days trying to shift low mood and get in the right headspace for new job tomorrow, and I am so grateful I feel better, it took alot of walking, quiet and peaceful surroundings but mother nature did its magic. Wild camped for the first time and felt safe, some beautiful places to do that. A picture I caught one morning of a fabulous sky and sheep for company.

Have a strong sober day all :pray:

19 Likes

I have found the Recovery Dharma definition of addiction - wanting to escape present time reality - helpful in dealing with cravings in a broad sense. Being able to identity the craving and just letting it be there without the need to do anything about it.

The fact you’ve identified the cycle and taken yourself out of an attempt to ‘fix’ it (knowing that will most likely create more suffering!) sounds like progress.

7 Likes

Glad to hear it. Each near miss makes us stronger, imo.

4 Likes

@CATMANCAM good luck with application, sure you would be amazing in this line of work, for sure :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Love the Yorkshire Dales.

Best of luck with the new job tomorrow :blush:

2 Likes

That’s tough Stella, sending best wishes to your friend and you hear some positive news soon :heart:

1 Like

Thank you, it was my first visit, and I totally loved it, I only scratched the surface so shall be going back… the hills wiped my legs out coming from the fens :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Day 125 - which is my sobriety high score!

And not only am I sober but I’m barely craving, and not been having any using dreams recently either.

Keeping on top of my gratitude lists, journal, fitness routine, healthy eating, and doing 3 meetings a week.

I actually feel excited for each new day which comes as I know I’m further along my sobriety path.

Booked myself a little 4 day holiday to somewhere warm to celebrate :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 469. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

13 Likes

…1283…eating some burned bacon. Ms. Monkey’s daughter made us breakfast…burned bacon, burned pancakes…sometimes you do things out of love…eating it all with a smile

26 Likes

Poor bacon :flushed:

2 Likes

That picture was of the “good stuff”. I ate the really bad stuff already…lol

3 Likes

Day 471 clean and sober today. Have a great day, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

19 Likes

Day 27

Got a date today, it feels good being able to date fully sober.

11 Likes

Congrats on beating your high score Rich! Now keep going! Glad to see you, gladder to see you sober and clean!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t look too deeply into this; instead, it is a valuable reminder of how easily our minds can wander. Although meetings were pretty much the number one way I worked on my recovery during the first year, there were other ways too. Simple ways and being accountable was one of them. I still feel you taking a shift at work is 100% working positively on your recovery. Glad you felt some pride around being able to accept the shift. If anyone is busying their mind with thoughts about your absence, that is their shit, not yours.

:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

7 Likes

Rich this is the best post for me to wake up to on a Sunday morning.

We do recover.
:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

4 Likes

12 days sober. I feel really off today.I’m going to a meeting

13 Likes