Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Thank you dear. I love how you added a Swedish greeting card :blush:
I hope it all is well with you.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s good. Weā€™ve got a lot of blueberries here this year, just as lingon and mushrooms. But I have to admit that I havenā€™t been out at all.

2 Likes

Iā€™m really sorry youā€™re struggling getting your bingeing under control Tyler. I wish I had some magic words for ya. Iā€™ve been around awhile and Iā€™m starting to learn these EDā€™s are a real fucken bitch to get under control. People seem to be knocking out their DOC problems but the EDā€™s continue to linger. You are not alone.
Is there anything at all you can change about your eating routine that can confuse your mind and your triggers?
Youā€™re in my prayers buddy.
I pray God will will give you the strength to knock this one down. Amen.
:pray:t2::pray:t2:

8 Likes

Day 29 without alcohol / Day 275 without cannabis

Just a quick check in to say Iā€™m good, sober, and feeling good about being sober today! Trying to find something simple to celebrate everyday, and being alcohol free these days seems to always provide something to acknowledge and take joy in :relaxed:

14 Likes

Mhm, like Eric said I read that part of your post as drinking still being held at high value. As if itā€™s something that people on vacation are privileged to do, of course they will be having a drink they are on vacation. That is our diseased mind that sees it as thatā€¦ there is no ā€œof courseā€ or ā€œdrinking fits with this activityā€ that is just how we see it. Nobody else sees it that wayā€¦ people go on vacations all the time and donā€™t drink at all or are away for two weeks and on that whole two week vacation share ONE bottle of wine at a dinnerā€¦ ONE shared in two weeks.

I am sorry that you have slipped again, if you tell yourself you canā€™t do this you will never be able to do it. You need to believe that it is possible, you need to see your sickness for what it isā€¦ that you are viewing alcohol through rose colored glasses still, as it ruins your life. This is the insanity of our diseaseā€¦ we put poison in our body knowingly and we suffer knowing what we need to do to stop it.

There are some pretty simple ways to get through this, you just need to be willing to put the work in. Itā€™s not going to go away on its own.

:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

10 Likes

Day 127.
6.34am.
Last day of winter!! :tada:

Last day of winter woo hooooo!!! :heart:

Yesterday I could literally smell the Jasmin blooming in the airā€¦ This warms my soul to its core :heart:

I had an Interesting morning yesterday. It was literally straight out of an episode of the regular show :joy:

Iā€™m sure some of yā€™all are familiar with the regular show?

So basically I was doing my thing down at the park, hanging with the cockatoos. We were having a lovely time , till a park ranger approaches me and proceeded to make small talk about how he had never seen the cockatoos sit on anyoneā€™s shoulders/arms they friendly way they were with meā€¦

Thennnnn he proceed to tell me he did not come over here to ā€œfine meā€ but Iā€™m best not to feed them again etcā€¦ He gave me a cautionary warning and walked off all smug with his coffee in handā€¦

This park ranger was on his own. He did not need to do what he did, yet be proceeded to be a d%&k and talk to me with his regular show park ranger bs lolā€¦ Such a mood killer and just not nice really.

Telling someone they canā€™t feed WILD cockatoos.

No one owns them. They can eat from who ever they please.

I think the ranger had small man syndrome. He was short and moody :joy:

Anyway so that was yesterdayā€¦ The regular show come to life :joy:

Normally I would of been triggered being tested like that, but my mood stayed rosey :heart:

No urges or cravings :pray:

19 Likes

I bet itā€™s tweenies mother; try not to let it consume you, Sophia. Youā€™re an amazing mother and a beautiful soul, anyone will see that immediately in the social system.
Stand strong and proudā€¦ :hugs::sparkling_heart:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what I was going to say.

@MrsOdh soph congrats on the big 1 year!! You work hard at your sobriety and it shows :heart::tada::pray:

3 Likes

April, look it up in your county policies or whatever it falls under. Then if itā€™s not a violation you can show him or quote the statute, :laughing:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 1 full year! Through all those triggers, holidays, challenges! So much hard work! :heartpulse:

3 Likes

New job, new challenges, new life, new happiness, same obstacles, knew I could do it.

20 Likes

4.68 weeks. Iā€™m sure some people hate goals and some people love them. I am a goal type. 1/12 through my next goal of one year.

17 Likes

Checking in rested and not hungover. Weird how strong I can feel at home then as I walk into work, am overcome with anxiety and doubt. Love that my muscle memory kicks in and I get throughā€¦ but hate the initial game time jitters. So grateful to not be hungover, like really, really, really, really, really, really grateful. 22 days and canā€™t wait to make it 23. :heartpulse:

18 Likes

Checking in
No Booze 606.66
No added sugar 18.
I thought Iā€™d check in in the afternoon for a change.
I been thinking I spend way too much time on TS. 604 days now. Small price to pay for my sobriety.
:pray:t2::heart:
If itā€™s not broken. Donā€™t fix it!

25 Likes
  1. Checking in as Iā€™m taking a break from packing. Exhaustedā€¦we have to be out of our townhouse tomorrow. Weā€™re moving in with my parents for a couple weeks and this time not because we were evicted because I spent all our rent on drugs and not because I couldnā€™t do it without the help of my family. Not this time. This time itā€™s because I worked my ass off and stayed sober for 1335 days. I worked hard enough for myself and my kids and I bought us our very first home. I have tears as Iā€™m writing this because Iā€™m damn proud of myself. Cleaning and boxing things up isnā€™t a bad thing this time. This time has a whole new meaning. This isnā€™t a fresh start because I got clean again. Itā€™s a new start because Iā€™ve stayed clean and I worked to give my kids a home of our very own. Something that was always just a dream and now itā€™s a dream come true. So, Iā€™ll keep working through the night to get things packed and cleaned. I close on our new house Friday and we take possession one week after closing.

SN: Im also on edge because we had a scare with my youngest son today. He was having shooting pains in his chest and because he had a pacemaker we had to go get testing done. Heā€™s ok and resting now and weā€™ll keep monitoring him but makes this mama nervous and on guard at all times.

For those of you struggling just know it gets better if you continue to stay sober. Have a blessed night TS fam :purple_heart:

30 Likes

So my official day count is 436,

Had a productive day, my friend is a manager at a car dealership and has been lobbying me for months to come work there

I met with the manager who said dude get all your tools together, get everything ready and Iā€™ll have you in here as soon as possible, and Iā€™ll give you more than your making now, and keep adding on that cash every 90 days if your showing me you want to work and make strides in progress, he has apparently big plans for me, wants me to be a top producer at top pay by the end of the year

Top pay for auto techs here is around 45/hr. Iā€™ll take it

22 Likes

Nice to see you checking in Patty. So freaking happy for you. 1334 youā€™re an amazing momma. Iā€™m glad the kid is ok. I pray he stays that way. I canā€™t wait for you to be all settled in. And get all this behind you. So much stress in moving and your doing it sober. How cool is that :sunglasses:
:pray:t2::heart:

10 Likes

Thank you Eric, I am so excited! I have been so busy and havenā€™t been on much but Iā€™m still sober and come on and read what everyone is up to but thatā€™s usually when Im heading to bed and almost asleep. Buying a house is no joke Iā€™ve had to do so much but itā€™s been worth it every step of the way. Hoping Iā€™ll have more time soon as we are getting back to somewhat normal.

11 Likes

I am smiling so wide!!!
dNp2mSDaaG18RjtG0o
All your hard work is paying off mama!!!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Day 80 check in.

@anon27760155 Danni I hope you are OK. Please reach out to someone you trust. We are quite worried about you.

16 Likes