Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Survived the weekend, still going strong, and feeling good.:muscle:

25 Likes

Way to go Ryan :boom::boom::boom::muscle:
That first week is a bitch. Glad youā€™re here.
:pray:t2::heart:
ODAAT

3 Likes

Iā€™m still trying to figure it out too. But I think the sugar thing. Or no added sugar thing is helping. And tons of water. My doc said my multi vitamin had enough D in it so I didnā€™t need a D supplement.
Congrats on a month and a week. :muscle::boom::boom::boom:
:pray:t2::heart:
My headaches are the same as yours. Not bad ones. But still annoying.

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 15 months you Rock Star you!! :boom::boom::boom::boom::boom:

4 Likes

Checking inā€¦
624 days substance free

Life is good.
Plants make it great. :wink:

22 Likes

Thank you Eric!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

D 347
On a scale of 0 (no urges) to 10 (relapse), I hit 9 this afternoon. I saw a forest of red flags and wanted to go there. Fuck shit bollocks.

23 Likes

@Iwebt congrats on 50 days :tada:
@KellyKelly congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@No_more_C2H6O congrats on 40 days :tada: I hope you feel better soon :pray:t2:
@Squirt youā€™re so strong :blue_heart: Iā€™m so pleased youā€™ve got the ring :raised_hands:t2:
@pinkcloud congrats on double digits :tada:
@HappyDays welcome back :slightly_smiling_face: I hope your injuries and feelings of shame heal quickly :pray:t2:
@CueBall8n9 congrats on double digits :tada:
@Tomek I hope your appointment goes well :pray:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@Rockstar24777 congrats on 15 months :tada: and look at you now, shining your light on other peopleā€™s darkness to light their way :raised_hands:t2: so proud of you and all that youā€™ve overcome :blue_heart:
@Wakikki other than suggesting a visit to your doctor, maybe some relaxation exercises could help to relieve if they are tension headaches. I hope you feel better soon :pray:t2:

15 Likes

@Grumpybeard congrats on your week :tada:
@Olivia sorry about the forest, but Iā€™m relieved to hear you share this in past tense, it sounds like you managed to get through it, sending strength :blue_heart::pray:t2:

@Dazercat @Clarity @Mbwoman @M-be-free49
@liv_m thank you all so much, your support means a lot to me :blue_heart:

399 days no alcohol.
367 days no cocaine.
5 days no disordered eating.

Words cannot articulate how grateful I am for all of your kinds words. Iā€™m so blessed to have found this place and everyone here, thank you all so much, you are all amazing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blue_heart::call_me_hand:t2:

Today Iā€™ve been in a really good mood, it doesnā€™t happen often so itā€™s been really refreshing :grin: I took my recycling out, then went to the shop and bought a card, balloon, and wrapping paper for my nieceā€™s birthday next week, Iā€™ve got her a kids golf set too, she will be turning 3 and I love her so much, I also went for a haircut, they never listen when I say I donā€™t want anything done to the top because Iā€™m growing it :weary:

I had 6 meditations to catch up on so Iā€™ve spent the afternoon doing that, I felt really peaceful then got a notification from FB memories which showed photos of my kittens when I first got them 9 years ago, sadly I lost one of them when he was 5 to a blocked bladder and Iā€™m still heart-broken and will never forgive myself for not knowing he was sick until it was too late :sob::broken_heart: One of the meditations was saying how life is like whack-a-mole, for every action thereā€™s an equal and opposite or contrary reaction, and that was definitely true today.

24 Likes

Thank you very much @CATMANCAM!!

1 Like

Congrats on your 15 months of recovery my friend. :pray::orange_heart::pray:

2 Likes

@Rockstar24777 So blessed Iā€™m behind you two following my bros.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 10 days and reaching double digits.

2 Likes

454 days. It was soooooo good to fall asleep with my man by my side last night. Today my anxiety is bad and the shakes are annoying me. I canā€™t seem to get control of an unwanted feeling of sadness. As I continue to use isolation as a coping mechanism, Iā€™m realizing itā€™s the feelings of connection and belonging Iā€™m missing. Working on finding my happy in this blended family scenario is time consuming and emotionally draining. Itā€™s tiring to work on my recovery and have to fight against life to enjoy my sobriety. Not sure if that makes sense but bluntly I could use a fucken break. Itā€™s also been kinda bothering me that Iā€™m choosing to be and stay where I am in this ā€œfamilyā€ scenario. Isolation and avoidance is unfortunately protecting me and Iā€™m feeling Iā€™m in a vicious cycle of sorts.

23 Likes

Iā€™m glad you didnā€™t break your neck and glad youā€™re still trying to quit.

1 Like

Sage is one of the few things I grow that survives my winters. Thyme survives as well. Sometimes I have to dig through snow to harvest some. I love fresh herbs.

6 Likes

Yay for double digits! Congrats!

Checking in sober. I had the best weekend and woke up this morning excited to start the week! What is wrong with me?! Joking, but Iā€™m feeling really good after a tough week last week and am doing well with some new routines. Today has been focused on my organization projects and Iā€™ve gotten through my spices so far. Pantry and kitchen shelves are up next. Clearing the clutter to settle the mind - thatā€™s my goal leading into the fall/winter season. So so happy to be doing it sober. :heartpulse:

24 Likes

Thank you @pinkcloud!!

Heck yeah you are, weā€™re doing it!!!

1 Like