Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Wow, food for thought! Thanks for sharing!

7 Likes

Day 463 clean and sober today. I wasn’t able to get through to the IRS yesterday so the situation is still unresolved. Super grateful for the things and people I have in my life. I will definitely get through this for sure. I hope everyone has an awesome day today, love you guys! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

26 Likes

Have a great sober day :+1:

31 Likes

Made me smile :grin::sweat_smile:

Happy day everyone. And that means you! :facepunch:

31 Likes

I just bought her book « Dopamine nation » after her podcast tour. Really worth reading.

5 Likes

Woke up to a full 7 days of sobriety

Today I’m going to see a live band at the park in my town
It will be nice

I feel good
I’m just taking it slow

I found out i need to slow things down quite a bit from what my sponcer said and I agree

Easy does it

22 Likes

4 days without a drink,what a mess I’ve created

18 Likes

Day 416
Working this weekend and just hoping it’s quiet. Haven’t been sleeping great the past few days and work has been busy. Not just busy but also dealing with a lot of condescending people that demand help while not letting me talk long enough to ask for the information I need to be able to help. Might plan for a lunch break nap or yoga later today.

21 Likes

Day 11. Went for a little trip with my girls and parents for autumns bday. My mom is being grouchy, is what it is. Geuss we all have are days, take care

22 Likes

Omg!!!
So excited for you!

3 Likes

It is so beautiful to see where you have gotten in your journey Menno. So much love and admiration for you, keep up the hard work.
I hope that tomorrow you are able to find a place of inner balance and peace around your relationship with your mom.
:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

5 Likes

Hola amigos. In a very uncharacteristic manner I turned music on loud this morning and we changed our plans. I feel good about all of the above and am saying a big eff you to my anxiety. Eric made us a beautiful omelet and I’m feeling happy. Instead of questioning it I’m relishing it. Happy sober feeling.

20 Likes

After my week on Terschelling I still had a week off . I took advantage of that time, completely emptied the garden and painted a wall and cleaned the kitchen today. Bought myself a few very nice water glasses, thought I deserved it :grin:. Still sober

11 Likes

Checking into my 19th abstinent day… :seedling:

Keep your heads up guys, you’re much stronger than you think!

14 Likes

Can you speak more on this “conveyor belt sushi”. Maybe take a pic? I’m craving sushi now!

5 Likes

It’s not our friends and family’s responsibility to take our sobriety seriously. It’s ours. Expecting everyone to change their behaviors because of our actions is just an extension of our disease. Their friend is in no way ignorant for wanting to have a beer. That kind of blame casting and resentment building is not healthy.

10 Likes

Longest I’ve ever made it, go me! :blush:

32 Likes

Woohoo!!!
I’m so excited for you Kimberly.
:pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

You always make me smile.
:pray:t2::heart:
Nice number.

3 Likes

Oh yes we have that here too!!!