Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Congratulations on 50 days @MagicILY! And @RetainKingII on 300 days. And @vaariesga on 450 days! Way to go @Dolse71 for getting to a year! You all are inspiring.

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week.

11 Likes

We are all clearly doing our job then. :wink: Congrats again.

10 Likes

Way to go MagicILY.
Especially after that weekend you had. Your crushing it :muscle:

7 Likes

Way to go Cliff!!
Congrats on 450.
:boom::boom::boom::boom:

4 Likes
  1. Coffee. Day 2 of my work marathon (8 out of 9 days). It’s fresh outside so I dug out my autumn jacket. Here we go. Sober and clean. Have a good day all, or at least as good as you can. Love from Amsterdam where autumn has started for real now.
23 Likes

Check in on day 2, have a day filled with gratitude.

18 Likes

Day 148.
4.05pm.

What do you do to deal with the irritation of Job interview rejection emails?..you eat oreos :joy:

24 Likes

Congratulations @Dolse71 with doing everything sober for 1 whole year!! :tada:

8 Likes

20 Likes

Congrats to all the huge numbers and successes I’m seeing above :point_up_2:

A friend called wanting her and her hubby and kids to come stay for a few days on their holiday and I said no coz I’m trying to be sober. She didn’t seem annoyed and seemed to understand. They’re big drinkers and I knew they’d drink the whole time and I’d be tempted as! Told them to stay half hr away at the beach and I’ll come visit and take them places.

That was hard to do but I’m happy I did it and happy she accepted. I think I just proved I am prepared to lose life long friends who don’t understand and who would prefer to see me sick instead of healthy.

Let the purge begin!

21 Likes

You are definitely on to something. Crush those bad boys and put them in some good quality vanilla ice cream, and you can completely submerge yourself in the delicious comfort of 5,000kc. :laughing:

Sorry to hear about the emails though.

4 Likes

10 days feeling pretty good :grinning:

14 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 464. I hope everyone has a great one!

17 Likes

Checking in Day 845

It’s been a while since I’ve checked in. Life has been super hectic but overall going well.
Finished my course, successfully :sweat_smile: and found myself totally immersed and loving it. It also made me realise where my passions lie so I’m currently in the process of enrolling in another, more specific course that starts January next year. Super keen to get started but grateful for a few months reprieve to be able to stop and breathe.
I’m honestly feeling just so damn grateful for my sobriety, for this forum that helped me when I was hot, hot mess back in the beginning, you guys truly rock and I’ve been busy trying to catch up on everything that I’ve missed.
Life still has its struggles and highs and lows but I’m glad I’m doing it sober, no more avoiding, running away and driving myself to exhaustion putting on a ‘everything is peachy and I am in control’ facade. Life is never going to be perfect but it is honestly so much better doing it sober.
Okay, I’m waffling on now, I promise to keep it shorter next check in :sweat_smile:

23 Likes

“Wanna find out who your true friends are? Get sober”
You might lose some but those who matter will be the ones who stick around. Sounds like your friend is a keeper :hugs:

11 Likes

Day 466 clean and sober today. I hope everyone has a great day today, love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

23 Likes

@CATMANCAM thank you so much for your prayers. My mother still is not doing well but I am very sure that prayers had helped a lot.
Day 3

9 Likes

Checking in on Tuesday morning. Sober and grateful that I have been given this opportunity to enjoy life.:pray::four_leaf_clover:

15 Likes

Nearly 700 days! It’s starting to feel real :joy::partying_face:

30 Likes

Have you got something to say with all those 69’s or is it my perverse mind that just sees the number!

11 Likes