Checking in daily to maintain focus #33

Day 419
Dad got sick over the weekend and I have been taking care of him. He was feeling better enough today to go back to work, but I woke up this morning to find I’d caught it. Steeped a real strong batch of ginger, jalapeño, and lemon that I mixed with some honey an old friend gave me from her bees. That’s been helping keep it at bay. Hopefully it will be short lived. Luckily my off week also started today so I’ve been able to take it easy. Sending love to you all!

12 Likes

Day 149.
12.29pm

A 6.0 EARTHQUAKE just hit our city!!!

Ive never been so scared in my life.

My whole building shaked and cracked.

The adrenaline that rushed through me was insane.

Lucky I live right at the fire escape stairs. I ran for my life.

Did you feel it @Becsta @Seb @KellyKelly ??!!

Its all over the news.

22 Likes

I’m way too far away but it’s been all over the news this morning. I have a couple of friends down in Melbourne that are really shaken up… your building cracked??? Omg I’m sooooo glad you are ok though!!! How bad is the damage where you are?

4 Likes

I live 5 min walk from where the worst damage hit on chapel st.

I still feel slight wobbles. Its the strangest experience.

Lucky there are no injuries apparently anywhere. What are the odds. So lucky.

6 Likes

Geez girl I’m so relieved you’re ok. Melbourne just can’t cop a break lately :tired_face:

3 Likes

I read about that! I’m really glad you’re okay. Earthquakes can be really terrifying. We had a 5.6 last year a couple weeks after covid hit. I think it’s a lot scarier when you are up a few floors!

How are you feeling now?

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! Earthquakes are so scary! Glad to hear you’re ok. There was an earthquake that size in Utah last year a week before I was moving away from there and it was the scariest thing I’ve ever experienced. I was cutting an onion for my breakfast when it happened and I was so in shock I ran and sat in my bathtub with knife and onion still in hand and stayed there crying for close to 15 minutes.

5 Likes

:laughing: Oh hey former neighbor! Yeah that earthquake really sucked. My first thought after it ended was to check the water because I thought wryly that it would really suck not to have water at home when the world had already had a run on the stores.

5 Likes

Glad you’re okay!!

1 Like

today, I feel better but not complete

4 Likes

55 days sober it’s another battle not temptation but I guess your emotions I guess when the storm settles what is left.

7 Likes

Ive calmed down now finally.

I was too scared to go back into the building. I think every one was. Every one was out on the streets. It was so scary. People were crying from the shock.

It happened so quick, there wasn’t a little build up, all of a sudden it sounded like airplane was heading this way it was so loud.

I was on my bed near my window when it hit, I could see the whole building structure start to sway and shake aggressively. It wasn’t like a little rumble, the entire building was swaying and shaking like it was about to collapse. Scariest thing I have ever experienced. And ive experienced a lot lol.

Every one is still on high alert because there could be more coming.

It was the strongest to hit in 200 years :grimacing:

13 Likes

16 Likes

I can imagine!!

I grabbed my shoes and ran straight out my door down the fire escape out to the front street.

Our city is copping it hard right now… As of tomorrow, we are the longest locked down city in the world.

We have protest riots happening in our city right now and the riot police have taken over our city.

And now the earthquake hit us… INSANITY!!

Mother earth is in mood :joy:

6 Likes

Wowsers! I live in northern NSW but my daughter lives in Melbourne and told me there was one. The world is groaning! :earth_americas:

3 Likes

Your daughter must be as shocketh as me :grimacing:

Crazy times!

3 Likes

@apes2020 …how terrifying!! So glad you are OK!

3 Likes

Just this!

25 Likes

Congratulations! Great job!

2 Likes

Thanks so much. So happy to put my sober head down knowing I succeeded one more time! :grin:

4 Likes