Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

Day 429

@Its_me_Stella @1in8billion @Olivia Thank you for your responses the other day :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Felt the best yesterday that I have in a while. Roasted a bunch of garden tomatoes and made a big batch of tomato basil soup and some homemade bread that I ran around & distributed to all of my sick family members. Canned a few jars of salsa. Finished reading The Unseen by Roy Jacobsen. Slept so good!!

Sending love to you all! Being around this community remains just as important today as it did earlier in sobriety.

26 Likes

Hey everyone :grin:

So this is my first weekend off since starting treatment 8/19. I had six weeks impatient and now 6 weeks outpatient. The sober house Iā€™m at is structured and thatā€™s why I choose it. Also because I get a single room. Iā€™m on restrictions until Wednesday so Iā€™ll be here all weekend I am so glad I attended zoom meetings.

Anyway 1 month 13 days
Feeling blessed to have this chance Minnesota the land of 10,000 treatments
Good choices, peace, and clarity

29 Likes

Way to go Trip!!
Both my children went through sober living houses. Either that or we cut them off. :scream: Anyway. Both are still clean and sober 10 and 7 years later. Good for you going this route. Keep learning as much as you can with other clean and sober people. Thereā€™s a beautiful clean and sober world out there for us.
ODAAT
:pray::heart:

11 Likes

Checking in. So so tired. Having the weekend off, so no work. I like that, so I can rest. But I seem to never feel rested No matter what, always feeling tired. And in other hand I think I should work insted, keep occupide and have my mind on something els than everting floating around my mind. Im having a bad time with lots of anxiety, it does not seem to just let go, its exhausting. Got me thinking about something I experiend last year, and then I wonder if anyone here maybe have experiend this before? Exploding head syndrom?

15 Likes

Way to go Carolyn! Congratulations on 50 days.

You can always be zippy tomorrow :joy:
ODAAT
:pray::heart:

6 Likes

In an hour, Iā€™ll be sober for two yearsā€¦ and only now Iā€™m starting to look at my life soberly. I really hope that the next sober year will be spent taking care of me and my loved ones.

I wish you sober thoughts and a sober life. love yourself and your loved ones.

39 Likes

Dally check in itā€™s a new. month September had many ups and downs I have kept sober/clean for 3 months almost at 4 months on October 6 but one day at a time anything can happen between now and then

18 Likes

Congrats to you on your 2 years of recovery!!!
g5R9dok94mrIvplmZd

6 Likes

Thanks Eric! Iā€™m feeling a little zippier this afternoon. :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Congratulations on 2 years! Itā€™s inspiring to me. :blush::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Dear Rosa, I had my first migraine in 4th grade, and they havenā€™t stopped since. My mom, her mom, my brother, and one of my sons have them as well. I missed a lot of school, a lot of my kidsā€™ school eventsā€¦ a lot of life. Iā€™m so sorry you suffer with these. Theyā€™re debilitating and every time I have one, the pain is so intense that Iā€™m certain I wonā€™t live through it. Mine last for 2-3 days, so I totally understand that ā€œhungoverā€ feeling. Iā€™m always in a weird daze afterwards. Much love to you. I hope you feel better soon. :heart::slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Congratulations on your 2 years of freedom Mykola
@Axsis
Havenā€™t see; you around much but this calls for cake. Sugar free virtual cake.

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing in solidarity. I developed them in my early 30s, just like my aunt. We have had very similar trajectories and if thatā€™s truly the case, she shifted from migraines to just plain sinus pressure when she reached menopause, which while not great, is an improvement. Iā€™m sorry theyā€™ve plagued so many in your family. Much love to you, as well. :heartpulse:

6 Likes

O.L.I.V.I.A!!! So darn proud of you my friend! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

5 Likes
  1. This Mama/Tt is exhausted I think this one week of isolation/quarantine is catching up with me. I havenā€™t felt very well today. I am completely vaccinated and had a booster as well and continue to test negative but, itā€™s been such busy week. I am however grateful that Twinkie #1 is not sick at all she still is only presenting with a clear runny nose and is she her normal spunky self. Twinkie #2 and big sis all tested negative today on their follow-up test. My daughter stepped up today and took care of the kids so I could take a nap after work at 4 and now since all toddlers are in bed sheā€™s cleaning the house which is what I usually do every night. Itā€™s a nice little break.
    Yesterday, I received a call from one of my many cousins telling me about another cousin who we all know is pretty bad off and she wanted my opinion on what we as a family should/could do for him, such as an intervention. I told her he needs to be ready and willing and at the time she called me he was MIA. I told her I would do whatever I could to help in anyway because I know what itā€™s like to go through withdrawals and feeling all alone but wanting help at the same time. I got a call this morning. He went to medical detox *thank the Lord! I text him and told him how very proud of him I am and I will be here every step of the way. Can I please ask my TS family to keep my cousin in your thoughts and prayers as he goes through the hell of getting clean and sober. I hope you all have a great weekend! :purple_heart:
25 Likes

Checking in sober on evening 78!

21 Likes

So Iā€™m home for the weekend. Iā€™m not drinking. At some point I began rage cleaning. :woman_shrugging:t2: I guess Iā€™ll enjoy the productivity while it lasts.

17 Likes

200 (3)

32 Likes

Iā€™ll dance for that.
l0HlB7CwWCXCJpw64

7 Likes

Day 61! Enjoying a weekend visit from one of my best friends. Good to have company.

19 Likes