Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

I have been a bit behind the thread and feeling like I can’t catch up, but at least you I want to reply to personally. The point is YOU. The lovely you that supports people so much on here, and obviously loves your wife so much that you are worrying about her. I am sorry you are struggling now. Just goes to show there are peaks and troughs for all of us. I guess you have to take the great advice you are usually handing out. It does feel unfair sometimes. But do you really want to be the sloppy asshole? Especially when you know you can be better than that. I know you don’t.

20 Likes

8 days now. Been getting better at resisting. Definitely still have the desire to that’s for sure. Take each day one step at a time.

19 Likes

Before anything else, I want @Dazercat to know he is loved. I love you, Eric. I’m happy when I see you overflowing with support for everyone here, and I’m also happy when I see you letting go of your own crap so we can work through it together. I’m sorry you’re hurting. My heart hurts with you, and I pray for you and Kelly every day. :heart:

Today, I’m 70 days sober. That means…

1. 70 days of hangover-free mornings
  2. 70 days of getting to know myself better
  3. 70 days of reminding myself that I am not my thoughts
  4. 70 days of being present for my family
  5. 70 days of making conscious decisions
  6. 70 days of remembering the previous day
  7. 70 days of reading and retaining the words
  8. 70 days of mindfulness
  9. 70 days of facing my emotions
  10. 70 days in on becoming a better me

I’ve been feeling pretty low the past few days, but I’m still holding on to my belief that life will get better. Much love to y’all for being here. :heart:

29 Likes

Day 496 clean and sober today and official 3 months I’ve been at my job!!! Not one day missed, wow… I used to not be able to hold a job for more than a couple weeks at the most due to my drinking and using. Feels really good. Have a beautiful day everyone, love you guys! I’m getting ready for work so I didn’t see your post @Dazercat I just saw @ShesGotMoxie’s post that you were hurting. Sending huge hugs to you bro, love you Eric!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

25 Likes

19 days 23 hours. Today I will be 20 days sober. I feel really good, my brain is still sick and twisted. But my conscious wins over my subconscious today.
Have the best day y’all!

21 Likes

@Dazercat i hear you. It’s hard and frustrating to watch someone you love stuck in the cycle that we worked so hard to get out of. It’s hard not to be angry at them and think “ why do I have to do all the work alone”. And I wish there was something I could do to help with the feelings you are having. The quote “ do the best you can until you know better- then when you know better do better” or something close to that stays in my head a lot. We know better now- we can never go back to that. And I know you don’t want to. But it sucks sometimes.
I hope you slept good, and your back feels good today so you can power walk, maybe with some angry rap music​:wink:. See you on the gratitude thread :heart:

17 Likes

I don’t know what the point is. I do know the alternative is much much worse. And you know it too. Hope venting helped Eric. Have as good a day as you can. BTW, nothing wrong with being an asshole every now and then. Just don’t drink. There is certainly no point to that. Love ya friend.

17 Likes

Here is the quote from one of the most amazing people I got to see speak in person.

I love this. Thank you for sharing, Sunflower. You caught the essence. Sending @Dazercat Eric a big hug. It’s so hard to go through this journey with a partner that drinks and to want the best for them.

16 Likes

Heyyy guys checking in day 454 sober.
This place keeps me sober. Reading all your posts keeps me sober. So thank you everyone for coming here and sharing.
Still lonely. I got tired of complaining about it but lately I can go whole days without any human interaction. I mean, I go to meetings sometimes but I don’t really share and I go to my work out classes and tell the instructors how amazing they are, and that’s it for me. But I am just gonna keep going. I am not going to think about it too much. Maybe today is the day. I’ve been trying harder to smile at people, I realize that takes strength. I am so thankful for all of you.
Also, coming up on one year since my best friend passed away from overdose. I miss her a lot. I could tell when the weather started to change that all these feelings were coming for me.
Anyway, coffee is made! Time to start my day.
Great job everyone! :revolving_hearts:

26 Likes

Checking in on day 2. I’m going to be honest whatever happens. I’m back. Feeling good overall, clear-minded, confident, determined, focussed, conscious… Nothing can take the present away from me! Here we are family, one day at a time. Life is what it is, and we find ourselves in it for a spark of time with infinite questions and answers, who are we…? You’ll see my ups and downs, I’m just human, but persistence makes perfect! :wink:

22 Likes

Thanks Rosa!

2 Likes

“DAY 2”
My mindset is still strong with the despise and hate I have for drugs. I’m so sick of that shit and what’s its done to me and my life etc. Got into abit of an argument last night with hubby about money. Our financial struggle/debt is realistically due to drug use. This is another huge reason to stay on track and that’s what I told him… things are only going to get worse if we continue to spend hundreds n hundreds n hundreds of dollars on stupid shit. Anyway, this put me in a mental funk last night and waking up this morning. I wanted to eat crappy comfort food this morning “thinking” it would make me feel better (it definitely wouldn’t… and would make me feel shitty physically and mentally). So I didn’t. I’m sticking to my 16:8 intermittent fasting like I planned and will eat healthy at noon. All I wanted to do this morning was to lay in bed and sleep to forget my issues. Not doing that either. What good would that do for me. I decided to get up n go on TS 1st with my coffee. Going to do my 5 min guided meditation and my affirmation for today. Then I will go from there and take my next steps. It’s when I’m in a funk, that I NEED to take action the most. My 1st instinct is to either “fix” my issue with something that quick n easy or to “forget” it by sleeping it away. I’m making changes to my life and how I do things. I’m reprogramming my brain and way of thinking. Not falling into this trap again. Hope you all have a wonderful day/night! Will be back on again soon :heart:

23 Likes

Congrats on day 2! I’m on day 2 as well :slight_smile: feeling in a funk mentally about other things but confident and sure of my desire to quit drugs. Glad to see u posting too!

7 Likes

I’m so happy to see you back, lady! Get after it, it sounds like you have a good plan.

3 Likes

Eric! Hugs my friend! Let that shit out!! :clap:t3: You are staple in this community and are always here for us! We get it, we get you! Thoughts, prayers, good vibes! Whatever it is you need I’m sending your way!

9 Likes
  1. Thinking of everyone that is struggling. Life can be hard and exhausting. Just know you’re not alone! Quick check-In lots to do today. Have to finalize my presentation so I can present to my super tomorrow. Before I present to Council :grimacing::woozy_face:. Nerves…nerves…nerves :rofl:! Have a blessed day TS fam :purple_heart:
19 Likes

So glad to hear u sharing about what’s going on. I’m sorry to hear things are tough right now. I do remember when I did have my 3 years clean (many years ago), that I remember feeling this way. It’s a shitty place to be in :frowning: But as you probably know… drinking/using definitly doesn’t get rid of the problem and in fact makes things worse. You probably have so much more knowledge than I do :slight_smile: use that recovery toolkit and everything that’s in it to help you get through this. This too shall pass :slight_smile: and you will be so happy that you didn’t drink. Hugs my friend :hugs:

8 Likes

Awesome @Butterflymoonwoman! :vulcan_salute: Good to have you here sister, let’s do this together then one day at a time! :hugs:

5 Likes

Yes! We can do to this! Glad to see you here :slight_smile: hugs!

4 Likes

I’ve been feeling really isolated and lonely of late. I miss going out with my friends. All of my friends drink and go out. It’s hard not having them to spend time with. I stopped drinking when my relationship ended so it feels like I lost my boyfriend, alcohol, and my social life all at once. I can still go and hang out but it’s really hard ( and triggering) to be at a bar and not drink. I feel very left out. I know I need to make new, sober friends. But I love my friends. It feels like with the exception of yoga classes and walks everything social centers around drinking. I’m hoping this feeling of loneliness and isolation fades.
Bright side is I am 24 days sober :heart:

20 Likes