Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

I get you Eric. And man, sometimes it sucks. But your work gives you something more in the long run than other people’s drinking away the afternoon for fun. It’s a trade off, and sometimes it doesn’t seem to be as good of a time. It’s not something to just escape from the shit.

Hang in there, friend. It will pass, but right now it sucks. You’re doing great. Every day you’re doing great.

3 Likes

Checking in at the end of day 32. Sober and stoked :metal:

12 Likes

Day 5 for me. This community has been helpful. Still feeling very good. No urges to drink.

11 Likes

@MsMotorista 32 days! Doing great!
@BarbT4 Each day at a time. 5 days is really good. It’s so hard at the very beginning but you’re killing it.

4 Likes

Yes I have.
It doesn’t work out that well. Go figure :grimacing:
We’re ok. Thanks you for your concern.
It’s something I just have to live with and take care of myself. Just like if it was any other disease. My life is not unmanageable with her drinking. Some days it just sucks more that others.
:pray::heart:

8 Likes

Big big big hugs Eric :heart: Even TS Rockstars have difficult days but we’re always here for you :hugs:

7 Likes

Thanks Becky. All good today.
Thanks everyone.
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Thanks, I tried exercising before bed (just weights no cardio obviously) that helped. Regular sleep time is a good idea too. Thanks for helping

3 Likes

Day 5 whoop!

10 Likes

Day 1129 :herb:
Came home yesterday after a 5 day holiday in Germany. It was nice. Still in stomach pain, but having a ultra sound today.
A little package was awaiting for me. It was the little moon fase pendant I’ve ordered. It’s shows the moonfase that was at the day I quit drinking 3 years ago. At the back she engraved my recovery date. I’m very happy with it!

Have a great day ore night and if you have cravings: keep pushing trough, it will pass!

34 Likes

299 days

Had a better day at work, getting to know the team better so fingers crossed my anxiety reduces, found it horrible to have the tight knot constantly there impacting me awake and asleep, but proud I have taken it on chin and not drank or walked, that’s new for me.

Arranged a river swim tomorrow water temp is cold, but sort of looking forward to the sharp shock of it all, firing up happy cells, and seeing swimming buddies.

@Dazercat Eric happy to read you feeling better your awareness and strength is so spot on. You deserve the best.
@SoberWalker I love your pendant what a great homage to your sobriety, so pretty as well. I would like to do something similiar :slightly_smiling_face:
@Tomek as always sorry to read your post you deserve more, but it will happen, virtual hug.

Have a good sober day all :green_heart:

21 Likes

Such a cool idea!

3 Likes

Checking out.
658 days Of not drinking.
70 days of no extra added sugar.
Much better day today. Thanks again for all the love.
Minnie got her eye surgery and some teeth pulled :scream: and a mass removal and is home now and resting. She even ate some soft food. She’s looking pretty pretty good tonight.
Keep fighting the good fight folks. Y’all worth it :heart:

22 Likes

Your pendant is lovely. You’ll always treasure it. Thinking about you w your sonogram.

3 Likes

Day 31 checking in have a good day

11 Likes

Day 437
Some minor daily irritations, my people pleasing defect has been working overdrive, and I am behind with work admin.
Thrilled these are my problems. No major cravings for alcohol for months, and there have been some minor wobbles with food but within extremes.
Doing what needs to be done at home, finding enjoyment and satisfaction in my own way.

20 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 495. I hope everyone has a good one!

16 Likes
  1. Coffee. Last one for today. Slept late on my Sunday. Going to take it easy. Spinning class, house chores, cook, a little bit of outdoor time. Fierce weather, windy & wet but some brilliant sunshine too. I like so I’ll check it out. Otherwise not much.
    Again thankful I don’t need or want to go to the bar for the Friday night bender. Come to think of it, I may go over and see how my old drinking buddies are doing. After spinning and before dinner. Haven’t been there in months.
    Actually I already know how they are doing and how it is over there. Sad in my eyes. Will see how I feel when spinning class is done. One thing is sure: I’ll be clean and sober today. I hope you all will be too. It helps friends. Love from Amsterdam.

26 Likes

I have the opposite problem, Eric. My wife has effectively given up drinking because she refuses to drink alone - but she resents it, and I am concerned that it is driving us apart. I think it’s difficult either way. I find myself wishing that she would just drink, if that’s what makes her happy. As you say, it’s just a something we have to deal with. I suspect it is uncommon for two people to be at precisely the same point in their relationship with alcohol at exactly the same time. If she has tried to tell me to give it up before I was ready, I would have found it tough.

17 Likes

Checking in, 350 days no alcohol, 100 days no smoke. I try to be happy for these numbers, though it’s not easy at the moment. Spouse picked up smoking a few months ago and sometimes it makes it more difficult to stay away from cigarettes which became easily available. I sniff him occasionally to get some nostalgic feeling, that’s enough for the time being.
Still no sign from my doctor… I’m getting more and more irritable and morose these days. Probably it has something to do also with meeting my parents back in Hungary a few days ago at the funeral. There wasn’t any fight, but I know how they think and feel and it can hurt even if they are silent.

23 Likes