Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

My thoughts are with you

And with a lot of other members as well. I am in limbo and I should be more on TS to reach out but for now I’m keeping up but also feel unsubscribingly invisible while the world that makes me feel that way keeps bashing and makes me sad
I hope I just soon can pick up a regular, living and warm life. It’s time :pray::100:

So all together have a good night.
I’m fine but just feeling far from well and also can’t handle the sight of my life to come without getting the chance to build something out of nothing.
From within, in rest and able to really accept happyness/love/life as it comes

Help… But how, where , what …
But don’t worry ,

Next week’s might be better

14 Likes

Day 6 down.
Happy I did not falter this weekend.
I’m going on vacation to visit a friend in NOLA on Tuesday and I’d be lying if I said I’m not a little nervous. My friend isn’t a heavy drinker, but the whole vibe of the city is like walking through a bar.
I plan to be open with my friend and I’m pretty confident she will be supportive. It’s just interesting because I had a whole different view of how the trip would be when I first booked my flight haha.

What’s been working for me is taking a beat and thinking about the long-term. Not just tomorrow’s hangover, but 6 months down the line, a year and beyond. Everything I want to accomplish that I haven’t because of alcohol. I know I can’t be happy, for real happy, with it in my system.

Anyway, sorry for the rant haha. Just mentally preparing a bit I suppose.

Hope everyone had nice weekends.

18 Likes

Damn it :grimacing:
Fucking Satan!!

@Butterflymoonwoman
You come in here trying so hard. And you are such a wonderful person. I don’t know what to say.
I believe addiction is Satans most perfected work of all time. None of us wanted to be like this.

You come and you go and you keep trying. And now your back to day one again. Good for you. I’m glad you’re back so soon this time. And you’re still alive.

Have you ever checked in here first before you use? Or started a HELP topic? And then just waited? Someone on here would talk to you I’m sure. We have to do this together. We all love you.
God Bless.

Are you doing anything different?
:pray:t2::heart:

10 Likes

Sending strength, I believe u’ll get it.

@Butterflymoonwoman
Keep trying, it only has to click forever once.

Day 440
Back in f2f class today. Until today Monday was still online. Picked up some classes to cover in Feb for a little extra cash in hand. Not bad.

8 Likes

Just wanted to do a second check in. Thought I was holding everything In pretty good. Came up stairs and did my prayer before bed and it just all came out, Im sad I feel hurt, it sucks when ppl say shit like that about you, I ask if this is the right path, it certainly feels like it’s the right path, I always get little signs that it’s the right path. I miss my girls, I love teaching them to always chase they’re dreams no matter who or what says different, I miss my girls big beautiful hugs that help me feel like everything is ok, I miss them waking me up in the mornings when they aren’t here even tho I don’t wanna get out of bed. I pray for strength and thank God for getting me to bed sober tonight. Much love all

18 Likes

Rest easy Mike. Tomorrow is a new day.
:orange_heart::seedling:

7 Likes

302 days

River swim and a night camping at the beach over the weekend was perfect, felt happy and alive. I woke up this early Monday with a knot as it’s a work day, but trying so hard to get over it, and to work out why I get like this it’s so tiring and not helpful, treating it like my addiction voices and telling it to F.O!. So bored of it. @CATMANCAM thank you for your reply on this, its hard pushing through the anxiety but for me it’s the only way I have to break the pattern.

@Charlie_C great catch :ok_hand: @Butterflymoonwoman good you back I do think visualising sober life is key, best wishes and strength sent your way :green_heart:
@Misokatsu good luck with f2f today
@anon53116147 listen to yourself noone else, wishing you a good night sleep and better mindset for tomorrow - believe in yourself.

Off for my early morning walk with my dog, wishing you a great sober day all :pray:

15 Likes
  1. Coffee. Late shift coming up later, first this morning I have to prove my technical nursing skills. Since I’m a typical mental health nurse I suck at those. But it’ll be OK. I’m not having trembling hands and a clouded mind from last night’s bender because I don’t do that no more. Never again. Have a good week all, or at least as good as you all can. Making it sober and clean helps a lot. Love from Amsterdam.
23 Likes

Day 34 checking in keep moving forward

16 Likes

Checking in day 28,5

Outside it’s dark and rainy. But in my mind it is all clear and I am shining.

Last night I was feeling anxious and grumpy, but not for a particular reason… Normaly I would associate those feelings with the problems I face in life.

Problems or not…
Those feelings will always be there. Because we are human. No reason to start drinking. Instead of fighting those feelings just let it go.

I had a good long sleep… and while writing this I do feel great!

Hangover and guilt free. Patience is my closest friend right now. Just be patience and life will change!

I wish you all a great and sober start of the week.

Stay sober my friends, one day at a time!

:blue_heart::pray::v:

20 Likes

Thanks stella, just saw this. Little signs to me

10 Likes

?

10 characters

2 Likes

Morning beautiful people. Day 3 back on the wagon. So tired OMG. Body is in massive recalibration mode. Happy my co worker is always at it and also at Day 3 hoping we can help each other stay on the straight and narrow. Grateful for this place to check into daily. Makes such a difference wow. Filling my spare time with reading sobriety literature and podcasts. Picking up all the tools this time :heart::heart:

14 Likes

Day 8 and feeling great! (Wow I’m a poet now, amazing what sobriety brings) :rofl:
@ShadowFax yes! Totally agree about the patience thing. I’m TERRIBLE at that! Accepting the feelings will pass in the end does help, even if it seems to take too long.
@Butterflymoonwoman you can do it! I do think you learn something new each time, let’s both of hope this one is the one that finally clicks and sticks. Others here have done it, so we all can too :slight_smile:
@Mno good luck!
@Misswest recalibration mode! Yeah! My body is still like " what is going on here? No poison to deal with?" But it seems very happy about it, if a little puzzled and doing weird things!
Have a good day all

12 Likes

Day 56

I’ve been working very hard the past few weeks, and I’m now on a break. I’ve tried to wake up early, but I end up sleeping 12 hours a day :rofl:. Guess I must be tired. Anyway, my goals are to be achieved so that means I’m still working :sunglasses:

I make a list of tasks that need to be done everyday, and today’s list is looking kinda big 0.o

14 Likes

@Mno @TripnMN @Misokatsu thank you for your support :blue_heart:

@Bigbear congrats on your week :tada:
@Misswest welcome back :slightly_smiling_face:
@Charlie_C cool catch :star_struck: congrats :tada:
@EarnIt congrats on 2 weeks :tada:
@anon53116147 congrats on double digits and the positive feedback :tada:
@JLove congrats on triple digits :100::tada:

440 days no alcohol.
408 days no cocaine.
1 day no nicotine.

Checking in for yesterday.

Had pizza leftover from Saturday night so was still eating that until lunchtime yesterday so don’t have a whole day yet. I weighed myself so can now draw a line under it. Hoping to stay on track with the diet for the rest of the year atleast. :pray:t2:

I am now on 0mg nicotine vape liquid. I absolutely hate how I can hardly get out of bed, and how much my body hurts, and the psychopathic nightmares I’ve been having. Hoping this all gets better after some time. :pray:t2:

21 Likes

Something I remember clearly about when I first got sober (i had 3 years and since then been struggling to get back) but I remember clearly been so incredibly tired all the time. For at least the first year. I remember my sponsor at the time telling me to treat myself like a baby. Just food & rest and food and rest. Lots and lots of fruit and liquids. That’s my plan for my first week back :heart:

15 Likes

Good luck @Mno

2 Likes

Good morning friends, day 345! Didn’t sleep long enough :frowning:

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

20 Likes

5 months clean, woke up feeling great, and still very optimistic about the future. Wishing all you sober people the best x

20 Likes