Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

I’m walkin in a park in Toronto reading your post…I have zero advice, everyone walks at their own pace…but you’re not walkin alone.

Be well,

7 Likes

Checking in Day 82… great news this morning I met with a lady and now I have a sponsor in NA!

I am so happy it can be hard to ask someone but I knew I needed to get over myself and did it.

So far I have to phone every day
Send 3 gratitudes every morning
Read Basic Text up to Step 1
Start Questions from NA step-working guide Step 1.

So blessed, I am so blessed.

18 Likes

Good on you @Penguin, huge step buddy!! I was in your shoes for a psychologist referral not too long ago…

My friends still deserve better though, odaat though… :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Welcome back, I agree it’s damn hard to get back after a relapse. When they say our disease is progressive they mean it. Glad you’re here and that you’re trying again. Don’t give up, ever.
:orange_heart:

3 Likes

aka not chaotic.

Congrats on your days and what a gift to yourself, amazing!!!
:orange_heart::seedling:

5 Likes

Way less chaotic. Much better way of looking at it. Thanks Stella :yellow_heart:

5 Likes
  1. Quick rant! I went to meet with my supervisor this morning to present my final draft of my presentation tomorrow. Opened the PowerPoint and 4 of my slides were gone :sob::sob::sob: I was in tears literally. I worked my butt off this morning and had the 4 slides done by 10am. I’m an currently attending a virtual training until Thursday and now I’m bummed I have to miss tomorrow morning for my presentation. There’s a keynote speaker that I was super excited to hear from. Anywho! I’m gratefully sober another day! Have a wonderful week TS fam​:purple_heart:!
    P.S. I missed my party Saturday due to my kidney stone not going away. I was in way to much pain to leave the house. But, my son is going to wear the costume to school for Halloween so it’s not a waste of $!
15 Likes

Checking in and using all my tools! Practicing gratitude and appreciating what I have in my life today. It always helps when I’m not feeling great physically. I had a mentrual headachy day yesterday and today is better. I lost a beloved pot in the windy storm last night and felt sad, and it reminded me to sit with the feeling and let it go. I needed to harvest that lemongrass anyway. The broken pieces can be used again or it can be a lesson in impermanence. Helped a friend today (at least I hope I did) and just listened to another knowing I couldn’t do much but I could listen. And I told my husband we are getting pizza for dinner. It’s one of those days. :heartpulse:

18 Likes

Congratulations on your 1 month sober! :partying_face::pray::ok_hand:t2:
Very well done! And keep up the good work!

2 Likes

@Luckyredz congrats on 5 months :tada:
@ShadowFax all the best to you with quitting nicotine too, really hoping to beat it this time :pray:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:
@Bomdhil welcome back :slightly_smiling_face:
@Rockstar24777 congrats on 500 days :tada:
@Rogefather welcome :slightly_smiling_face: congrats on 54 days :tada:
@IamThechange welcome :slightly_smiling_face:.congrats on 8 days :tada:
@TMAC congrats on 1234 :tada:
@RecoveringJP congrats on your month :tada:
@TerriL welcome :slightly_smiling_face: congrats on 51 days :tada:

441 days no alcohol.
409 days no cocaine.
2 days no nicotine.
1 day no binge-eating.

I feel so strange without nicotine. I can’t really do anything apart from lay in bed, brain won’t even let me look at memes or read. The dreams are horrendous and so is the sweating. I really hope this is my last quit with nicotine. I could eat so much but determined to stick to my diet.

20 Likes

Excellent work my friend, this is the key!!! Super proud of you and thank you very much for the kind words! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

I am so freaking proud of you @CATMANCAM keep it up and thank you! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Massive congratulations on 500 days of sobriety Rob! You are amazing :clap:

5 Likes

Thank you so much Marie!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

I love that you’re getting a guitar with the money you have saved being sober, congratulations!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Huge congrats on 500 days!! :revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts::revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

Thanks Rob :blush: I’m excited. Lots of good things to come from not drinking! I have a good feeling

Also congratulations on 500 days :tada::partying_face:

3 Likes

Thank you hugs u don’t know how much that means to me right now. Other than u all here ok TS, I feel like I have very zero support right now. Sucks but I have u all. And that is a lifesaver for me

6 Likes

Awww thank you Sarah!!!

2 Likes

Yep, lots of good things to come and thank you!!

2 Likes