Checking in daily to maintain focus #34

I would go to meetings.
I would go to 90 meetings in 90 days.
And more.
I would get a sponsor.
:pray::heart:

5 Likes

Well done my friend! So darn proud of you!

9 Likes

:clap::clap::clap: Wonderful friend! This is exciting! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There it is :star::star::star:
Way to go buddy!! So proud of and for ya.
Ya know, the number of times youā€™ve been kicked in the balls, get right back up, ask for help, and remain sober is beyond belief sometimes. You really fucking amaze me. Iā€™m so happy youā€™re on our team.
:pray:t2::heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

10 Likes

Iā€™m glad you went and got that referral, well done :slight_smile:
It makes me sad that you said your friends deserve better, I think like that too sometimes, even when they tell me otherwiseā€¦
You are so much more than your issues! Iā€™m sure your friends have many things they like about you and are glad to be there for you.
When I feel bad about the people I care about having to witness all my crap, I remind myself that I would do the same for them in a heartbeat and Iā€™m looking foward to taking care of them when they need it. Thatā€™s how friendship works, isnā€™t it? Itā€™s not only being happy and having fun all the time, itā€™s also leaning on each other and sharing the hard stuff ā€¦ at least I like to think so :rainbow:

@RosaCanDo in German we say ā€œScherben bringen GlĆ¼ckā€, wich translates to ā€œbroken pieces bring you luckā€ :relaxed:

6 Likes

Wish I had a 567 to add to @TMAC s post! :joy: but this will do.
Checking in. Last Tuesday I applied to be a foster dog mom and Wednesday the Humane society lady came by and interviewed us and by Thursday we had 2 puppies!!
They are soooo sweet. We are in love, I might have to adopt them. Itā€™s a foster fail! Except one barks a lot my fiancĆ© doesnā€™t like the barking :frowning:

They let my daughter hang all over them though. Might be a match made in heaven! Anyone who wants to be a dog foster parent, it feels like a cool gig and our Husky is happy that he has some dog friends now!

23 Likes

Congrats Mel on 90 days!! :tada::tada::grin:

3 Likes

Super cute.

2 Likes

For all of you. Never give up

12 Likes

Thank you dear friend. I have been keeping tabs your recent-ish story as well, just havenā€™t really known what to say - I try to keep my big bazoo shut instead of saying the ā€œwrong thingā€. But Iā€™ll say that Iā€™m sorry that you experienced what you did, that creep-o was so persistent, and that it impacted you as it did. Not fun when boundaries are ignored and crossed. Hugs.

7 Likes

20 Likes

ODAAT that is Rob! Yay you!

4 Likes

Dang thatā€™s really awesome of you to say Eric, youā€™ve always been there for me when I get back up. Love you man, Iā€™m glad and grateful youā€™re in my life!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

Hey thanks Menno I appreciate that!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

I missed your check in but happy 90 days @liv_m!!! :metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2::metal:t2:

3 Likes

Sorry for your troubles but happy and proud for your numbers T! Youā€™re strong. Much stronger than you think. I know it. I see it. Keep going. Also thanks for giving me the opportunity to share the Count here :wink:
giphy (1)

6 Likes

456ā€™s not half bad either Sarah! And what a lovely pic!
giphy (3)

6 Likes

Love to see your numbers climbing Mel. Keep going yes. Whatever happens.
giphy (4)

4 Likes

Checking in, 353 days no alcohol, 103 days no smoke. My doctor said I can probably start my treatment on the 1st of November, there is no need to postpone it because we wonā€™t need the bone density results. Itā€™s so surreal, itā€™s just 6 days away. I donā€™t dare to hope yet, but am really happy for the news. But first a tooth surgery tomorrowā€¦

20 Likes

Your tenacity and persistence is inspiring. I am happy that you have found something to be so passionate about. I feel like peopleā€™s negative comments will not be hitting you as hard as you get stronger in your recovery. You will be less affected by what other people think as you pour more of your focus into self love and self compassion. Eventually your spirit will be glowing and all that negative shit will not be able to touch you. Keep working on yourself, Mike. Everyday you stay clean you get closer to your purpose.

10 Likes