Checking in daily to maintain focus #35

Just checking in I’m on day 78 of being sober and it feels great! So glad Im Not stuck in that black hole of addiction. To all the people just starting this journey hold on it will get better and is well worth it!

11 Likes

Day 4!!
I got passed my dreadful 3 day mark lol I feel amazing about that! It does feel forever lol like it’s been a lot longer than 4 days since I’ve used. But its also been alot of inner work so maybe that’s why. My bath salt/essential oil bath last night knocked me right out cuz I slept like a baby and missed my morning workout lol muscles are still sore tho so I’ll take a day of rest. Signed up for a free mindfulness eating course thru fb to help me manage my eating better. Not going to have what happened 15 years ago happen again… its a big concern for me. 15 years ago when I went into treatment for meth I literally gained close to 100lbs in 1 year of sobriety due to getting clean (mind you I was extremely malnourished back then but I switched addictions to food and it took alot of hard work to lose 85lbs). I’m not underweight now but I CAN NOT afford mentally or physically to gain weight. So eating well, exercise, and mindfulness has to be apart of my early recovery. Anyway… glad to see everyone this morning posting and doing okay! Let’s get another 24 hours of recovery in!!!

19 Likes

Congrats!!! I am super happy for you.

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

2 Likes

This is true for me also, especially the last year. Thank you for sharing this viewpoint, I find it empowering to make the shift.

What a gem! Good on you!

2 Likes

Here’s a good thread to start with:

If you’re looking for something specific, try searching using the magnifying glass :mag: at the toolbar at the top. Endless threads on endless topics (though lots of overlap and repeats, too). Wish you well.

3 Likes

Checking in day 4 had a good day again today! Just debating what to do about plans I had made with friends this weekend and over next few weeks which involve drinking. Can I do these sober, will I still enjoy it. Probably need to not go to one of them which will maybe be too tempting to ‘just have a few’ hmmm :confounded:

12 Likes

That sucks, friend. I’m sorry you’re struggling. I hope you find that pause button. For me, one of the things that was a turning point was a mantra to repeat to myself and then a voice memo to myself that I could listen to if I wanted to buy booze. It felt goofy as heck, but it sort of snapped me out of the urge. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

@anon27760155 save travels :pray:t2: have an amazing time :smiley:
@Bobby38 congrats on double digits :tada:
@mamador welcome back :slightly_smiling_face:
@Nowenbrace sorry for your loss :blue_heart: congrats on 4 months :tada:
@Charlie_C sorry you’re having a hard time, sending strength :blue_heart:
@TripnMN congrats on 90 days :tada:
@Mosimu5 congrats on getting the job :tada:
@MolotovMoxie congrats on 90 days :tada:
@Rogefather welcome :slightly_smiling_face: congrats on 78 days :tada:

464 days no alcohol.
432 days no cocaine.
25 days no nicotine.

Had support group this morning, heavy stuff about relationships and boundaries, areas where I really struggle, seemed everyone else did too. I’ve known since I was a teenager that I have trouble in these areas, also with assertiveness, but I’ve always been so isolated that I don’t really have relationships in my life where I can explore/practice these things.

Had another phonecall today and this time it was a Doctor about the long term psychdynamic psychotherapy, we are meeting online on 26th, the same day as my physio appointment, so I’m very excited about that day now :smiley: really pleased to be starting both the treatment for my feet, and the therapy this side of the new year, what blessings.:raised_hands:t2:

17 Likes

Love that.
:orange_heart::seedling:

1 Like

Checking in Day 105 feeling fantastic, got up at reasonable time and went for a walk. Phone call to sponsor I had to confess I had been keeping something from her- my upcoming gastric sleeve surgery.

I thought she would come down on me cause I’m still in early recovery etc but she didn’t, we just talked safety round the narcotics. She was just glad I hadn’t relapsed I think.

Today driving a fellow addict across town to deliver some baby stuff for her daughter, but of service.

Everyone have a clean and sober day!

15 Likes

:sparkles: :clap: :partying_face: Day 4!!! Woot Woot!! :partying_face: :clap: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Good Morning, Beautiful People!!! Day 5 - I woke up this morning with so much gratitude. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt that straight away. It’s a beautiful day to be sober. Sending peace and strength to everyone for another successful sober day :pray: :heartpulse:

12 Likes

I’m only at day 44 so my experience is a bit limited. When in doubt if a situation will put you’re sobriety in jeopardy, don’t go. You need to baby your sobriety and nurture it like a newborn baby. It’s fragile and easily harmed.

11 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Day 10 passed check in :pray::relieved:

21 Likes

Yay! Double digits! Congratulations! I’m on my way there too!

2 Likes

Midday checkin
Relaxed this morning until noon. Finally got up and started cleaning the apartment. Getting lots done today. Think I’m just trying to distract myself from using thoughts. The urge is there… its kind of like a shadow… just sort of follows me around. Isn’t really intense but I know it’s there. So im not giving it any power over me. Crack cocaine (or any drug for that matter) holds no value in my life and doesn’t provide anything good for me. Not going to entertain it.
So im just going to keep cleaning n wait for hubby to get home.

16 Likes

Late check in. I’m just totally and utterly shocked by these numbers. 1 in every 3300 Americans died of an OD in a year’s time. That’s more than died in traffic accidents and shootings combined. 100,000 Deaths. So sad. Please take care. Please carry naloxone and know how and when to use it.

21 Likes

Great job on 4 days.
For me personally, I didn’t go out with people that were drinking for quite some time. Those first few weeks/month were hard enough, without being around friends that were drinking.
Good luck with your decision.
:pray:t2::scream:

5 Likes