Checking in daily to maintain focus #35

Day 523 clean and sober today. Make today a great one fam, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

18 Likes

Congratulations @MolotovMoxie!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

:sparkles: :clap: :partying_face: SWEET!!! :partying_face: :clap: :sparkles:

1 Like

Day 44 Hope everyone has a great day!

12 Likes

Thatā€™s great news Eric! Enjoy the fruits of your hard work. :grinning:

2 Likes

Woooohoooo!!
Congrats on your 90 days of continuous sobriety!!!

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

4 Likes

Does this app actually offer any advice ? Or is it just about boosting egoā€™s

From what Iā€™ve seen on posts, everyone recieves ALOT of advice and tips for recovery on here, including myself. Nothing wrong with acknowledging milestones and success too :).

4 Likes

I must be looking in the wrong thread then cheers

2 Likes

Definitly check out other threads and if you are looking for specific answers for something, start your own thread :smiley: youā€™ll get alof of answers and support that way :slight_smile: this is the check in thread so alot of people post their milestones in recovery on here. Youā€™ll see alot of praise and acknowledgment here. Are you new to the forum?

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

No problem :slight_smile: I found this forum abit hard to navigate through when I first joined. Now itā€™s a piece of cake lol you can also search for topics that youre looking to find more info on

2 Likes

Fantastic great advice very much appreciated

2 Likes

Way to Go! Kimberly. Thatā€™s great!
Congratulations on your 90 days!
Glad to see you checking in.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Iā€™m still around and sober Iā€™m just super busy right now. Itā€™s peak season where I work :christmas_tree::santa::mrs_claus:

4 Likes

Congrats, @Mosimu5. New starts are always so exciting.

@Butterflymoonwoman - WTG on the self-care. I wish my tub was a tad bit deeper, so that I could enjoy it more.

@MolotovMoxie Outstanding, Kimberly! Congratulations!!

Counting in. I had a most amazing meeting this morning. I really love the format of the TLC meetings. I also love the solid support that the group offers. Over and over the phrase I learned long ago keeps running through my head. ā€œPerfection is the enemy of good.ā€

This journey has been so educational and brought out ā€œbetterā€ in me. There were weeks when I was really committed and years when I didnā€™t give a shit or even consider sobriety. So, while I have a two-day continuous alcohol-free count, itā€™s been a long-ass time since I have been drunk. And I have more sober days than drinking days. I have spent too much time regretting the drinking days instead of celebrating the sober ones.

Generally speaking, others tell me how regretful I should be. I definitely donā€™t regret the sober days. I tell people all the time what a waste of energy regret is. Thereā€™s not a fucking thing you can do about a minute ago, much less a day, a month, or a year.

Gone is the time where I am open to allowing people to dictate how I should feel. Regret and motivation were the topics this morning. I have a lot of the former and minimal of the latter. I am actually damn proud that I just keep going because few people IRL want me to quit. So, today I wonā€™t drink and I will lock regret in a box and keep it there all day and overnight. May it die from lack of oxygen.

Sober head on the pillow, in my cozy, made-until-I-unmake-it bed, thatā€™s how I will end this day.

17 Likes

Just checking in Iā€™m on day 78 of being sober and it feels great! So glad Im Not stuck in that black hole of addiction. To all the people just starting this journey hold on it will get better and is well worth it!

11 Likes

Day 4!!
I got passed my dreadful 3 day mark lol I feel amazing about that! It does feel forever lol like itā€™s been a lot longer than 4 days since Iā€™ve used. But its also been alot of inner work so maybe thatā€™s why. My bath salt/essential oil bath last night knocked me right out cuz I slept like a baby and missed my morning workout lol muscles are still sore tho so Iā€™ll take a day of rest. Signed up for a free mindfulness eating course thru fb to help me manage my eating better. Not going to have what happened 15 years ago happen againā€¦ its a big concern for me. 15 years ago when I went into treatment for meth I literally gained close to 100lbs in 1 year of sobriety due to getting clean (mind you I was extremely malnourished back then but I switched addictions to food and it took alot of hard work to lose 85lbs). Iā€™m not underweight now but I CAN NOT afford mentally or physically to gain weight. So eating well, exercise, and mindfulness has to be apart of my early recovery. Anywayā€¦ glad to see everyone this morning posting and doing okay! Letā€™s get another 24 hours of recovery in!!!

19 Likes

Congrats!!! I am super happy for you.

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

2 Likes