Checking in daily to maintain focus #35

Day 69 :pray:t2: Checking in

14 Likes
  1. Coffee. New week. Late shifts ahead. My salary was paid. This month there’s a double bonus included, a regular early Christmas one and an extra one for health care workers due to COVID. For once I have an income that I really feel good about. Now not to spend it all in a wild buying spree.
    I’ll practice some restraint. Which I don’t really need to do to stay sober and clean these days. It’s the state I want to be in. One day at a time. Have as good a week as you all can friends. Love from Amsterdam and the dairy farm last Saturday.

@MagicILY huge congrats on a full year of freedom! Awesome!

25 Likes

Day 10. Monday morning. Up early. Slept. better…going to start today off exercising. With the goal of continuing all week. This has been one of my greatest positive tools to help with my recovery yoga and exercise. Virtual meeting this morning. Doing 90 in 90. Good day TS family.:pray:t5::purple_heart:

15 Likes

Monday morning check in here at 5 am in Wisconsin.

I made it thru the 5 day break! In a month the hubby and I go on a vacation to Tybee Island and Savannah Georgia. It will be my first AF vacation since high school back in the early 80s. I am doing some thinking about how to manage vacation. We are renting a small house on the island, and I’m really looking forward to morning walks on the beach.

So this morning it is back to the classroom. I have a lot of work to do this week, so trying to stay calm and focused is my main job. And part of that is remembering to go slowly and carefully. I learned about some new curriculum on this break so my mind immediately went to how to fully implement it first thing this morning. That is not a good idea and I need to calm the F down and take it one step at a time. The only person who is looking for improvement in my teaching is me, so I really need to give myself a break and start with something small.

So yes, anxiety and some level of crazy is on my shoulders, talking in my ears. I will work to shake them off today. Especially by the time I come home this afternoon.

Good grief.

Have a great day to all of you on this journey to freedom. We’ve got this!

14 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 533. I hope everybody has a good one!

12 Likes

Good morning friends, day 380!

Beth (@Girlinterrupted), you have been one of my biggest cheerleaders. Sending all of the hugs that my bandwidth can hold.

Slept better and ready for the day.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

15 Likes

@Girlinterrupted I hope today is a better one for you. I never got around to congratulating you for your awesome achievements. :tada: :boom: 1.5 yrs sober and 6 months remission on your ED :boom: :tada:
@MagicILY :dizzy: :clap: :boom: Congrats on 1 year weed free 119 days AF :boom: :clap: :dizzy:

Day 56 We all made it through a very long and difficult holiday weekend. Kudos!! Now back to work we go :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Hi :wave: I hope today finds you well. Check in day 104 no alcohol. I usually like to check in after I settle in for the day but I wanted to kind of process last night "out loud "
I woke up in the middle of the night last night and quickly got annoyed. I was in bed all alone so I went to the living room to look for my gf and she wasn’t on the couch. I started to think about where she could be and went into my bedroom. Next I had complete confusion that really scared me I couldn’t get her name to come to my mind. This really started to disturb me and I tried to slow down and think. This must have gone on ten minutes or so before I realized I’m single and should be alone in bed. I don’t know but it really bothered me and was scary not knowing what was going on and why I couldn’t remember. Anyway I still feel a little strange and now lonely. I’m glad I have some positive things coming this morning. I have Bible study in about an hour and therapy late morning with a nice workout to end my afternoon. Venting about done I would think it was silly if it hadn’t frightened me. I hope you have a great day! Let’s start the week off right.

Love and good thoughts

13 Likes

Doing a morning check in.
Enjoying day 34

11 Likes

Day 535 clean and sober today! Today’s my Friday yay! I hope everyone has an amazing day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

13 Likes

Checking in sober at the end of day 330.
Every time I type in my number, I can’t believe it. It just doesn’t seem possible, or real.
I keep expecting it to become normal and to get used to it, but it just keeps getting better and better.
Life is so much better now.
Have a great sober day, wherever you are.
Goodnight. :zzz::sleeping:

15 Likes

Morning check in
Wanted to share one of my favorite stories. I remembered it this morning as I was thinking about my state of mind lately and how I am feeding it the wrong things. We experience what we think… and lately I’ve been feeding into ALL the wrong things. Anyway, here it is!

THE TWO WOLVES PARABLE

The story is often told as follows:

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “There is this fight going on inside of me,” he says to the boy. “It is a terrible fight, and it is between two wolves. One wolf is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other wolf is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

11 Likes

Checking in on Day 8. On my own at work this week as my team is traveling doing site visits. Feeling grateful to have a clear head and no hangover this fine Monday morning.
Have a grwat sober day!

12 Likes

Dammit. I need help.
I screwed up big time over the holiday weekend. Been drinking pretty much continuously since Thursday. Figured I’d sleep off Sunday and go back into work Monday night.20 minutes ago, I got a call from my peer support counselor. Asked him why he was calling on Sunday.
“Dude… it’s Monday.”
F**k! There’s no way I’m going to be able to work tonight. We had a 4-day weekend for Thansgiving, and I missed 2 days the previous week because of my chest pain issue. I can’t afford to miss any more days, but I can’t make it in tonight.

7 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this; maybe this is the day to be honest with everyone. Your work, peer group, etc. Starting with a clean and honest slate.
Work may give you time to get your life in order. Keep trying, bud.

2 Likes

Checking in on day 113. I started on Sober Time the day I got sober. When I wasn’t working or sleeping I’d be here reading through posts to get through urges. After 30 days I learned from here I wouldn’t make it alone and started to go to AA meetings. I went to my first meeting on my 30th day sober. I picked a woman’s group meeting because I figured I’d just cry through it, which I did. It was life changing. I could never imagine the stability and support I’d find there. Today my group read the below and sums up what AA means to me:

“Humility brings me closer to the actual spirit of togetherness and oneness, without which I could not stay sober.” - Daily Reflections pg 342

Today I give thanks to my amazing sober community and all the brave vulnerable shares. I’m about to decorate my Christmas tree purposefully sober for the first time in 30 years and for that I’m grateful. :christmas_tree::snowman_with_snow::snowflake::heart::green_heart::christmas_tree::snowman_with_snow::snowflake:

15 Likes

Checking in 63 days sober. I’m feeling really detached and out of place. I think I’m lost, like I want something new of of life. But I’m not sure what that is. Sitting in this uncomfortable place trying to find out where I go next. I know drinking won’t make any of these feelings go away. Today is just the kind of day I think why am I doing this. Am I truly any better off then 63 days ago? I’m more isolated and loosing connection with my friends. Just a really difficult day for me.

13 Likes

Day 1 check in. I feel better than I did this morning but I know by this evening and especially tomorrow evening I will want a drink but I have to get that it doesn’t just stop there for me. Hopefully by this time next week I will feel much better about it all!

Also thanks for having me here :green_heart:

11 Likes

I haven’t been very active this past week or two but I’m getting my 30 day tag this evening and I couldn’t be more proud of myself. In the beginning I honestly didn’t think I would make it this far. However with the support I’ve received here, through my local fellowship, and with the support of my amazing sponsor I pushed through the negative mindset I once had and I reached a milestone I once saw unattainable. I’ve been doing service work with my local group and I’ve been working my steps. I got my mental health headed in the right direction after several pitfalls and to be completely honest, I can’t recall a time I’ve felt so good in my own skin. I’m falling in love with myself… my true self. Not the me I fabricated through addiction. I’m shedding that skin and a new healthy beautiful me is emerging. That first 30 was difficult, but with the continued support from all of you and my hometown group I have a new found faith that I don’t need any of that. I’ve never felt as good as I do now, 30 days down…. A whole lifetime ahead :heart:

19 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 2500 replies. Continue discussion at Checking in daily to maintain focus #35 (Part 7).