Checking in daily to maintain focus #35

Thanks homie. Good job on staying clean today, you’re doing awesome. That’s good news about the shock therapy, I hope it works out for you and your feet!

2 Likes

Hey friends, checking in on day 158. Tuesdays are busy and I’m exhausted. Off to bed. Hope everyone is doing well. Good night! :zzz:

17 Likes

Day 46, and I got the job! The offer letter came today and I was shocked at the starting pay they are offering me. This job already sounded like the answer to our prayers, but the starting pay solidified it. I am giving two weeks to my current job, because I wouldn’t have made this connection without them, and they took me in at one of the lowest points in my life. But, it is time to move on to better things and close this chapter which helped fuel my alcoholism. It’s certainly bittersweet, but I’m excited about the new possibilities that await me and my family. Keep fighting the good fight, y’all.

25 Likes

Haha I like that too! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Congrats on the job, onward and upward friend.
:orange_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

Thanks for the support mate

2 Likes

Just had my warm bath with 2 scoops of stress relief lavender bath crystals & 6 drops of lavender essential oil. And then did a 5 min guided meditation in the bath. Talk about relaxing :relieved: now to sleep. Goodnight TS :rose:

15 Likes
  1. Coffee. Didn’t sleep great. But my shoulder is getting better. One day at a time. Yesterday morning my home internet went offline and stayed offline for 8 hours or so. Combined with not having a sim card this meant I didn’t have internet. Some serious withdrawal symptoms occurred. Made me think. Going to try to limit my screen time a bit. Have to make some specific plans to achieve that.
    When a new sim card came in the mail I needed to activate it using a code only to be found on internet. Which I didn’t have because I didn’t have working internet on my phone or in my home. Had to go the the grocery for that. Well, it’s all back to ‘normal’ now.
    I did finally have the time to finish reading a book on Grand Canyon yesterday. Made me think back to my (South) rim to rim hike there back in 2018. I still drank but quitting smoking a couple of years before which gave my ego, my fitness and my finances a big boost.
    What a day that was. Would love to go down there again, but a bit longer this time. It will have to wait for a bit. So much to do, so little time. Thanks to being sober and clean and smokefree. Keep going all. Just for today. It’s so worth it. Love from Amsterdam and Grand Canyon.

25 Likes

Day 57 checking in :pray:t2:

18 Likes

Great share. Very inspiring :heart::pray:t5::heart:

3 Likes

Day 458 :sun_with_face:

I talked to my therapist yesterday. It went pretty well. Frankly, hearing that the problems I have experienced are normal, getting used to the new working order and new lifestyle during the pandemic period affect many people. I will also be more diligent to change my routines, live a little more in the flow of life, not try to control everything, not try to make everything perfect.
Have a nice day everyone :bouquet:

20 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 521. I hope everybody has a good one today!

21 Likes

90 days! That’s right! Three whole months! :grin:

29 Likes

Congratulations with your :nine::zero: days! Keep up the good work :v::muscle::pray:

2 Likes

Happy Wednesday morning everyone. I must say the weekday evenings are easier for me. I’m building a new “after work” routine to disrupt the bottle of wine routine and it is working pretty well. I live in the Midwest of the USA, so the evenings are dark and chilly now. Getting a warm shower and into super comfy clothes is helping a lot. I spend a moment in the shower allowing myself to really feel the warm water and breathe in some relaxation. Then I have several glasses of seltzer water with lemon, then dinner. After dinner is some hot herbal tea and then some tv or reading time. I’m trying not to do any of the work I could do in a computer in the evening because I want to practice holding on to the relaxed state I consciously built in my head and body.

Then I am off to bed early to read a bit and get to lights off before 9. I’m usually waking up a few times in the night, but not due to discomfort. And I’m regularly waking up nicely before the 5 am alarm.

I have long and challenging days as a public school teacher. I mostly love it and want to keep growing in my skills.

I hope I can keep this healthy evening routine going for a long time as I feel a bit better every day. I still have anxiety about work and about drinking, but I’m making progress on using these tools.

Saying my intentions out loud and interacting with this online community has been a critical step to the 19 days I’ve completed successfully. I really appreciate this platform to practice talking and thinking about it. You are all amazing in your kindness. I hope you all have a great day and can hold peace and wellness close to you.
:slight_smile:

20 Likes

325 days

Slept in again, mad, rushed dog walk before logging into work with scarecrow hair. 3 more alarms set for tomorrow, but really enjoying the sleep.

Welcome @anon86198612 to the forum plenty if support for you here, we’ll done on 3 days
@anon27760155 how exciting for you what a postive outcome, look forward to your updates
@Nowenbrace congratulations on your 4 month milestone and @TripnMN and @MolotovMoxie on 90 days :+1:
@Mosimu5 congratulations on your new job great outcome
@Butterflymoonwoman that bath looks perfect and so relaxing, I think I will try that
@Mno wishing you a speedy recovery with your shoulder, I visited the Grand Canoyn over 20 years ago it is totally epic, another great photo

As always have a strong sober day :green_heart:

23 Likes

Congrats on 3 months!! That is so awesome!

2 Likes

Congratulations Kimberly! Nice work!

1 Like

Good morning friends, day 368! The sun is shining on another day. Another opportunity to do the next right thing. Slept better. Linda too. We’ll be stronger together after this trial is behind us, but there will still be uncomfortable times until then. I will stay busy today and keep plugging away.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

23 Likes

Day 34, tired but grateful, proud. Much love

20 Likes