Checking in daily to maintain focus #35

This is true for me also, especially the last year. Thank you for sharing this viewpoint, I find it empowering to make the shift.

What a gem! Good on you!

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a good thread to start with:

If youā€™re looking for something specific, try searching using the magnifying glass :mag: at the toolbar at the top. Endless threads on endless topics (though lots of overlap and repeats, too). Wish you well.

3 Likes

Checking in day 4 had a good day again today! Just debating what to do about plans I had made with friends this weekend and over next few weeks which involve drinking. Can I do these sober, will I still enjoy it. Probably need to not go to one of them which will maybe be too tempting to ā€˜just have a fewā€™ hmmm :confounded:

12 Likes

That sucks, friend. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re struggling. I hope you find that pause button. For me, one of the things that was a turning point was a mantra to repeat to myself and then a voice memo to myself that I could listen to if I wanted to buy booze. It felt goofy as heck, but it sort of snapped me out of the urge. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

@anon27760155 save travels :pray:t2: have an amazing time :smiley:
@Bobby38 congrats on double digits :tada:
@mamador welcome back :slightly_smiling_face:
@Nowenbrace sorry for your loss :blue_heart: congrats on 4 months :tada:
@Charlie_C sorry youā€™re having a hard time, sending strength :blue_heart:
@TripnMN congrats on 90 days :tada:
@Mosimu5 congrats on getting the job :tada:
@MolotovMoxie congrats on 90 days :tada:
@Rogefather welcome :slightly_smiling_face: congrats on 78 days :tada:

464 days no alcohol.
432 days no cocaine.
25 days no nicotine.

Had support group this morning, heavy stuff about relationships and boundaries, areas where I really struggle, seemed everyone else did too. Iā€™ve known since I was a teenager that I have trouble in these areas, also with assertiveness, but Iā€™ve always been so isolated that I donā€™t really have relationships in my life where I can explore/practice these things.

Had another phonecall today and this time it was a Doctor about the long term psychdynamic psychotherapy, we are meeting online on 26th, the same day as my physio appointment, so Iā€™m very excited about that day now :smiley: really pleased to be starting both the treatment for my feet, and the therapy this side of the new year, what blessings.:raised_hands:t2:

17 Likes

Love that.
:orange_heart::seedling:

1 Like

Checking in Day 105 feeling fantastic, got up at reasonable time and went for a walk. Phone call to sponsor I had to confess I had been keeping something from her- my upcoming gastric sleeve surgery.

I thought she would come down on me cause Iā€™m still in early recovery etc but she didnā€™t, we just talked safety round the narcotics. She was just glad I hadnā€™t relapsed I think.

Today driving a fellow addict across town to deliver some baby stuff for her daughter, but of service.

Everyone have a clean and sober day!

15 Likes

:sparkles: :clap: :partying_face: Day 4!!! Woot Woot!! :partying_face: :clap: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Good Morning, Beautiful People!!! Day 5 - I woke up this morning with so much gratitude. Itā€™s been a long time since Iā€™ve felt that straight away. Itā€™s a beautiful day to be sober. Sending peace and strength to everyone for another successful sober day :pray: :heartpulse:

12 Likes

Iā€™m only at day 44 so my experience is a bit limited. When in doubt if a situation will put youā€™re sobriety in jeopardy, donā€™t go. You need to baby your sobriety and nurture it like a newborn baby. Itā€™s fragile and easily harmed.

11 Likes

Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

Day 10 passed check in :pray::relieved:

21 Likes

Yay! Double digits! Congratulations! Iā€™m on my way there too!

2 Likes

Midday checkin
Relaxed this morning until noon. Finally got up and started cleaning the apartment. Getting lots done today. Think Iā€™m just trying to distract myself from using thoughts. The urge is thereā€¦ its kind of like a shadowā€¦ just sort of follows me around. Isnā€™t really intense but I know itā€™s there. So im not giving it any power over me. Crack cocaine (or any drug for that matter) holds no value in my life and doesnā€™t provide anything good for me. Not going to entertain it.
So im just going to keep cleaning n wait for hubby to get home.

16 Likes

Late check in. Iā€™m just totally and utterly shocked by these numbers. 1 in every 3300 Americans died of an OD in a yearā€™s time. Thatā€™s more than died in traffic accidents and shootings combined. 100,000 Deaths. So sad. Please take care. Please carry naloxone and know how and when to use it.

21 Likes

Great job on 4 days.
For me personally, I didnā€™t go out with people that were drinking for quite some time. Those first few weeks/month were hard enough, without being around friends that were drinking.
Good luck with your decision.
:pray:t2::scream:

5 Likes

Ahh whats wrong with me!! How can I just be so stupid, to drink, again. Thinking I got this, its all good. No its not, how can you tell yourself that you stupid *****. Im seriously messed up. I was at the doctor today, to get some days off work to get on track, I never told my real alcoholproblems because Im embarresed, I feel stupid and weak to have this kind of problem, but I have told him my concern for my liver, and he did bloodwork for it and it was nothing. I really love my doctor, he is so good and helped me alot when my anxiety started and got all out of hand, I was calling several times a week and he always had time for me. Even when I called ER scared to death and if he was working, he had time for me. And then today at the end of my appointment he told me he was quitting. Rigth then I got a hughe press in my chest, I wanted to cry, I want to cry Just writing it now. Im so sad losing him, but he want to move to his homecountry to his grandkids and I get that and are happy for him, but Im still sad losing him, and when I left he took my shoulder and said he was happy to have had me as a patient, I could almost not hold my tears when I walked and said thank you for being my doctor.

Wohaaa that got long, sorry. Anyway Im done, the drinking and shit, the horrible person I get. If this dont work this time around Im giving up, ā€œturning myself inā€.

Thank you

17 Likes

I was glad at first to get an evening job because I figured Iā€™d be able to get things done during the day. But I donā€™t really enjoy my mornings because this clock is always ticking in the back of my mind. Like, ā€œ6 hours till work, 3 hours till workā€¦ā€ and so on.
I hate sitting at home, but I feel rushed if I go anywhere. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

ā€¦1335. Spending the next few days in Cocoa Beach, Flordia with Ms. Monkey. Truly is a a blessing of Sobriety. With out it, I wouldnt be here.

Cute little Airbnb on the beach. Life is better sober. I remember the first few weeks, thinking life was over with out alcohol, thinking it would be boring. Itā€™s the exact opposite.

23 Likes

How about we start with whatā€™s right with you? Write a good long list about all the things you are, what good things youā€™ve done, what you are proud of. Then, like many have done on this forum, write out all the reasons you donā€™t want to drink. Are you really ā€œseriously messed upā€? Or are you just disappointed in yourself? Because it matters. What you say to yourself - matters. Itā€™s way up there on the most important things list. We spend more time with ourselves than with anyone else. So, we need to be kind (AND realistic) to/with ourselves.

Stop berating. Get up. Shake and a wiggle and get back at it.

13 Likes