Checking in daily to maintain focus #36

@TigerMatriarch & @Dan531 Thank you so much for those kind words :heart: :blush:

2 Likes

I’ll keep your wife’s father and her and you and your family in my prayers. It’s so good you can be sober and strong for her.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Good man; THAT’S what it’s all about. :hugs:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Wow! The gifts of recovery are already presenting themselves to u. The fact that u CAN be present for ur family during their time of need is such a gift! Proud of you :slight_smile: and congratulations on ur upcoming 1 week of sobriety! I am sorry to hear about ur wife’s father tho :frowning: she must be devastated. Cancer sucks :frowning:

3 Likes

Checking in on day 119. My favorite thing about being sober has been waking up without a hangover and mornings have now become the best part of my day. This morning I’m driving inland to see family, relax and smile knowing I’m sober, just for today. :sun_with_face::slightly_smiling_face::blue_heart:

21 Likes

Morning check in
Slept well :slight_smile: have the day off work today as hubby has to go to tattoo someone. Going to clean this place up and get it ready for another week! Still feeling a little off from last night. My hubby has shown no acknowledgment of the way he spoke to me last night. He thinks that by just ignoring it, the problem disappears on its own. Like me… he has his own coping tools. Not necessarily healthy ones either :unamused: He tends to have the attitude that if you dont talk about it or deal with it, it will go away. He rarely apologizes and blames me for alot of things when in fact it was his doing. He will say that he said something to me (when he didnt) and then blame me for not listening right. Haha excuse me?! “No you didn’t say that so stop making things up” lol Well, I don’t fall for that shit. I’ve been around enough people with distorted thinking and acting to trust my gut. I never deny what’s going on… Yes it sucks to hear those things from someone who says they love u, but I don’t let it effect me to the point where I think I’m going crazy. I know he had a rough upbringing (mom had stage 5 cancer, he saw a family member commit suicide, 1 brother went missing, 1 overdosed, sister died from breast cancer, never knew his father etc, spent many years in prison etc), but as an adult he needs to take responsibility for his actions. There is only so much a person can blame on their past for. There HAS to be a point where someone says, “yes I had a shitty childhood BUT I can’t use that as an excuse to treat people like shit”. It’s like my abusive ex who used to blame drugs/alcohol for treating me the way he did… well when are YOU going to take responsibility? And if you know substances cause u to act this way, why are u still using them? Anyway, those are my thoughts this morning lol today is going to be f’n fabulous day bcuz I will make it that way! Cleaning and selfcare is on the menu for today! Oh! And I get to try out these shower steamer things. I got them for my bday and they are being dropped off today! Should be relaxing! Luv to all hugs

20 Likes

Kat here checking in Day 123 feeling good.

On Day 6 of my pre-op diet and I slipped last night, had a piece of pulled pork from my kid’s lunch sandwich and a couple handfuls of tortellini pasta from their dinner :astonished:

Back on track today and hopefully it’s not enough to derail the surgery (the diet is to shrink my liver so the surgeon can move it out of the way to get to my stomach).

There were definitely some addictive feelings happening around that. Sigh.

Well driving to the big city hotel later in preparation for the surgery. Did have a using dream last night about addictively using the Percocet they are giving me for after. However in reality Not gonna relapse on that.

Have a great Day TS Forum members!

Kat

18 Likes

I just want to say good morning everyone and I hope that your day is stress free and i pray that you get the guidance and strength that you need to make it through your day I woke up grateful this morning I’m so happy God gave me the gift of life

16 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your positivity this morning :slight_smile: hope u have a fabulous day!

1 Like

Checking in with a somewhat better headspace today (and head/sinuses are feeling better physically, as well). There is no doubt that physical and mental health are so inextricably linked, is there. I am treating myself gently today - at other times when recovering from a physical ailment I have put a lot of pressure on myself to catch up on things around the house and end up doing a ping pong between feeling better and feeling worse again. Way, way frustrating. And I only do it to myself. It comes down to finding balance and continuing on living in a recovery-forward, recovery-minded way. And I will keep trying to live my best life. I appreciate the words of support from you amigos here, thank you. :heartpulse:

20 Likes

Hey Rosa - hope your day is awesome!

3 Likes

I wish you the best possible results

Take care of yourself and I hope you have a good day today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A few days late, but sending good vibes your way…

3 Likes

77 days sober today and stoked :metal:

16 Likes

Thank you very much for your support. Peace.

1 Like

Day 541 clean and sober today. Went out to coffee and made a new friend this morning. Fighting the challenges of social anxiety lmao, almost didn’t go. If nothing changes nothing changes right??? Had a really nice time I’m glad I went. Anyway it’s Thursday for me, I hope everyone has a beautiful day today. Love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

22 Likes

That’s bad ass your husband’s a tattoo artist. Sweet. Hope you guys all have a good day

2 Likes

Day 52. Last night was good,this morning was rough. Stressing about I don’t even know. Just kind of feeling like I should give up on my dreams. I don’t ever want or seek validation when I post my work, I post it to keep myself accountable and hopefully get some insight. On my Facebook some ppl do and always say they love my work but honestly I feel alot of it is fake. But I’ve been posting on some other groups and I just get zero likes. But when nobody even likes or comments on your stuff to me it’s telling me I suck. Yes I do what I do for me bc I love it. But when you just get zero feedback it makes you think stuff. And no I’m not talking here, y’all support me the best you can. But why would my higher power line me up on this path if it wasn’t for me idk much love in rambling

20 Likes

Woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare where I had found an old stash of pills and took some. The dream shook me up so bad I’m still disturbed by it. I’m going to a a meeting tonight and get everything off my chest with them and hopefully this urge to use will finally subside.

NEVER CRAVE ALONE

20 Likes