Checking in daily to maintain focus #37

Evening checkin
Feeling accomplished today. But still tired. I feel like the tiredness is stress related honestly. Me trying to find a way to “escape” by wanting to sleep all day. Im grateful tho that I HAVE to get up, I have no chance to sleep the day away. I’m forced to get up and get going. Anyway, I’m just trying to take things 1 day at a time. Remembering to be gentle with myself. But also continue to push myself to keep doing the next right thing, which means staying clean, being honest with myself and others, being of service, and taking care of my responsibilities. I’m feeling “something”. Idk what. It’s not necessarily a good thing either. I can’t put my finger on it lol iv had weird dreams of being in jail and dreams of using lately. Feeling off. Going to have a nice bath later and start tmrw off on better footing :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Day 998. Almost 1k!

I had a long conversation with a friend last night about anger, and the take away was that if I want to continue living, then get my temper under control.

The issue is that when I get depressed, that outlook flips around, and in that condition I loose control of myself. So I need to keep the idea that I do not want to destroy myself or my life in my head at all times. I don’t know if that will be enough but it’s a start.

23 Likes

I can relate. I have alot of anger issues myself, my ADHD makes it so hard because my mind is just constantly racing and when it gets overloaded I lash out. Definitely something I need to get under control myself. Congrats on your days

5 Likes

Checking in day 727 AFAF
Day 139 no extra added sugar.
Continuing to isolate or quarantine for 5 days. Per doctor’s recommendation, since I’m basically feeling fine. It’s a nice rest. I guess I’m just lucky Covid isn’t kicking my ass. I’ll take it.
Still not drinking.
I really don’t see the point.

I have learned to admit that for me drinking has ceased to be fun and has become nothing but trouble
:pray:t2::heart:

26 Likes

Checking in on day 1152. I am pretty sure I won’t drink today. I am happy waking up without a hangover. This never gets old. Sometimes it hits me like: wow, who would have thought this. Not me, that’s for sure.

24 Likes

Day 100 checking in triple digits odaat :pray:t2: Some days are hard but nothing is worth drinking poison been a difficult year hopefully next year is better have a good day everyone

26 Likes

Congratulations! Great job!

2 Likes

Great milestone! Christmas period can be hard. So much drinking involved around this Christian celebration. But hey, you did it, so did I and hopefully the next year is brought in sober. One day at a time brother :muscle:t2:

God bless :pray:

7 Likes

Day 506

Between the meltdown of my adhd son when we tidied his school bag and he wanted to keep every scrap of paper, my daughter wanting to play Monopoly for the 6th time in three days, trying to tidy and do washing so my husband who is at work today, doesn’t come home and tut and huff and make comments about how relaxing my day off is, I wanted to get out of my head today. Not going to do that with booze, but binge eating is also not good.

24 Likes

87 days for me!

Feels like my slip is becoming a distant memory.

Haven’t found staying off the booze too difficult this year, although my temper has been very short. Need to address the stresses that have me mentally off balance because I learnt from my slip this year that stuff unaddressed leads to a slip eventually.

God bless everyone on this forum. It’s been a great tool and community for my continued journey.

23 Likes

I can relate to the comfort eating taking place of booze.

The longest period I had sober included a massive health kick for me and for a long time I never felt better. But I allowed life’s stresses to build up unanswered and then BANG! Slipped after 3 years. I’m now on 87 days and want to learn from that

8 Likes

Congratulations on you hundred days and getting through Christmas. You’re a badass David. :pray:t2::heart:

6 Likes

You must be one of the few people who managed to make a New Year’s Day sobriety date stick.
My date is 3rd January. We are almost sober twins. Let’s call it an extended labour.
It turns out that the one year milestone is messing with me a bit. Hope you’re doing ok with it.

9 Likes

Hey everyone :wave: I just wanted to let you all know that we are still trying to get some information on Danni’s status. We haven’t heard anything as of yet and I think right now, no news is good news. I’m still trying to get in touch with some relatives. I will keep you all updated if I hear anything else :heart::heart::heart:

29 Likes
  1. Coffee. It’s my one day off in 8 days. Don’t want to hang around and do nothing. Feel like seeing the ocean. Catch you later all. Sober and clean. Don’t count your days ( I don’t, really!) but make the days count. ODAAT and all. Pic is Cape Disappointment WA, April 2017. Just because. Love. Thanks @Ravikamor.

24 Likes

After couple weeks of struggling I’m now past 7 days of sobriety again.

Wishing you all a wonderful 2022❤️

17 Likes

368 days

Last day of trip, its being a tonic. Albeit windy and rainy. No hangovers, genuine delight at seeing new places, no excuses to stay in pubs for “just one more” and knowing Sam has enjoyed.

@CATMANCAM you can do this, go to a meeting, I am rooting for you. It’s hard getting in the right mindset I know, reading, here and podcasts helped me but we all different. Write down how you feel. Virtual hug.
@Dazercat good to hear you feeling OK Eric
@Dmcg1987 congratulations on your 100 days :clap: :raised_hands:
@Ravikamor thank you

When I was in day 1, a coping mechanism was to start knitting, keep my hands and mind occupied. It helped so much. I called it my Sanity blanket. Well this is now ready for the fleece backing, which I will finish tomorrow. Long time in coming together much like its creator :slightly_smiling_face:

Have a strong 24 hrs all

28 Likes

I’m sorry to see that you are struggling. I hope you can find the support you need and the space to work on this today. You are clearly a very strong person who has overcome a lot.

I wish you peace.

4 Likes

Congrats on your 30 days!

I’m pretty sure one of the only reasons I was able to embark on this journey was because I already started the process of removing other negative relationships from my life. It takes hard work and practice to put yourself first and stop allowing others (and for me, alcohol) to determine your sense of being loved.

As we move forward and make ourselves healthier and happier, there will be others who come into our life. Or even the return of past friends who can see we are strong and healthy and can be happy on our own.

Way to go on your 30! I wish you many more!

7 Likes

Good morning
We start the journey home to Wisconsin from this lovely Tybee island today. So I’m up early and ready to go. But it will be a few hours til the husband is up.

I made it a week at a vacation beach town with no alcohol! Woooooot!

I used lots of strategies and had the support of the hubby. And it is a decision I have made, so not gonna change it just because of “vacation”.

I’m not hungover and I had a lot of fun.

Back to the wintry north for us and several months until we can get away again.

I wish you all a safe and happy day of peace.

21 Likes