Checking in daily to maintain focus #37

congratulations Stella :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball::two_hearts::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Hey @LAB Congratulations on making it through your vacation without succumbing to the lure of alcohol.

It’s all so easy to fall into those habitual circumstances and forget the new improvements you have made on your life. Good on you for not caving and putting you and your recovery over alcohol. I can’t wait to enjoy my first truly sober vacation when it comes around in April to celebrate the 40th birthdays of my missus and I.

I wish you a safe journey home and thank you for your support.

:heart::pray::hugs:

4 Likes

Congratulations on 100 days David.

1 Like

Day 4, checking in

17 Likes

Love this Sanity Blanket.

4 Likes

Day 40. A spiritual number. Up early meditating and sageing. Another loss last night a good friend of the family passed.

Think a lot as I working the steps on Step one doing three questions a day as directed by my Sponser as to not overwhelm myself. Yet addiction…such a selfish disease. I’m tired of being self absorbed by every little thing. Again I can’t do this without my higher power so I pray that God take my will and my life and show me how to live. My way only lead to self destruction. Love you all. Blessed day.:purple_heart::pray:t5:

23 Likes

Well done…that’s awesome.

1 Like

Day 43

It means EVERYTHING to me finish the year on a great Sober Run. I talk alot about being done forever and being free, but just to finish the year on a 45 day run is so encouraging going into 2022. Everyone have a wonderful day! Stay Sober my friends…

19 Likes

Good morning friends, day 411!

Not having a bad morning or anything. Just wish I was still in bed. Work will be quiet except for a useless meeting or two.
Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

24 Likes

Wonderful post thank you. Serenity prayer. Like they say it’s miracle you went through the year without a craving for poision.

1 Like

Congrats on 100 days!! Well done! :tada::confetti_ball::balloon:

1 Like

Thank you so much Rebecca, Danni has been in my thoughts and prayers :pray:

2 Likes

Congrats on day 40 Des! It’s a nice round number :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Heck yeah! 100 days strong! :partying_face::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Checking in today. Woke up with an awful headache for no apparent reason, I hope it subsides. To help I’m snuggling my golden retriever and that cures everything always :heart: I hope everyone has an amazing day. Love seeing the milestones this morning, lots to celebrate!!! I also see the love and support for Danni day after day, myself included, and it is so heartwarming to me, so grateful to be part of this community!

20 Likes

A sanity blanket… your lovely byproduct of coping. This is wonderful, Marie. And I’m so happy you’re enjoying your trip and are heading into year 2. Goodness all around! :hugs::sunny::yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you Ami,:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.Happy Sober New Year 2022!

2 Likes

Checking in on day 236. Have a few minor errands to run today before hitting a meeting.

An exciting post-army career opportunity has presented itself for next year and I am actively pursuing it. The job will be a bit less pay than I could make in option b, but will provide an incredible schedule and much more personally fulfilling work.

When drinking I would never have considered taking a job that revolves around serving others and that pays less, but in sobriety I am finding so much more happiness in service and time off with my family than in a fatter wallet. Have a wonderful day everyone.

25 Likes

Thank you!! I have been very worried :pensive:

1 Like

Hey all, checking in on day 564. I hope everybody has a good one!

18 Likes