Checking in daily to maintain focus #37

I’m so sorry you lost your friend. I hope he has finally found the peace his soul needed. May you find it too on your sober path with your lovely family. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 20 days.
You betcha!!

Rams/Bills Super Bowl is my dream.

1 Like

Hi Dana, Sorry things got intense today. I can relate as I have been following Buddhism for a while and I feel passive. Please stay away from your drugs of choice it’s just not worth it.
I know difficult emotions are not fun but maybe you could try a self compassion meditation today? Thanks for sharing with us, it helps doesn’t it? :rose::rosette::tulip:

3 Likes

50 days.:wave: Congratulations

2 Likes

Day 6 checking in. As a frequent relapser this is my first time posting here to stop being so secretive or thinking I’m fixed after a period of being AF. I wasn’t going to post today as i feel fine. Learning from the past feeling fine doesn’t mean I can forget my underlying issues with alcohol. Reminding myself right here right now I’m on a journey. I’m thankful for feeling fine today. Thankful for all of you. Thanks for your support on this journey and well done to everyone here too.

22 Likes

Day 576 clean and sober today. I hope everyone has a great day, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

21 Likes

Congrats on 20 days…:+1:

1 Like

60 days is a huge accomplishment.:clap:

2 Likes

Thank-you Joe. Feeling stronger…and definitely more peaceful.,:pray:t5:

1 Like

I have to say that it’s such a pleasure @Butterflymoonwoman to see you finally get past that 10 day mark! This is serious stuff that you’re facing. Don’t give up. It gets easier.

8 Likes

Day 512 :+1:
Today I was in an unexpectedly difficult situation. I went to a cafe with my husband to meet our friends. The children had tennis matches, we were going to watch that too. A place where a sports club and a cafe go together. It was the birthday of one of the mothers. All of a sudden, whiskeys…etc., a lot of drinks came to the table, and I was left alone with a glass placed in front of me. Of course, I never thought of drinking. But I was very disturbed. 30 minutes later I made up something and left. I came home. I’ve been to drinking places before. For some reason I was very uncomfortable this time, maybe I was unprepared, I don’t know. luckly, I took action quickly.
Have a nice week everyone :revolving_hearts:

25 Likes

Congrats on 50 days!:partying_face:

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Missed a Check in yesterday. I admit that I was really struggling yesterday. My mind’s toxicity level was again at 8. Somehow, I accepted my fate to be sober. I’m glad I did. Acting out would simply reinforce that feeling of self-hatred and shame.

My mind’s toxicity level is currently at 4 again. I’m glad. Celebrating day 76.

18 Likes

I hear you. :pray::cherry_blossom:

1 Like

I appreciate ur post. I do feel weak honestly. I don’t like this feeling. Maybe I should get into lifting weights more just so I feel strong in my mind and body. Maybe that will help me feel not so weak inside. Idk. But ya, my “survival skills” aren’t like they used to be. And in a sense I should be grateful for that. It’s not like I’m in these situations often tho. This was a weird situation. Thanks for relating tho :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you… I have to be honest, I do feel like using abit. But I am at work now and I’m not ruining my clean time over this situation. I have no idea WHY this has created using thots for me. Maybe bcuz my whole daily routine was thrown off? Idk. Maybe seeing that triggers something in me? Idk. I’m going to see if I can put my headphones in and attempt an online meeting :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yesterday was a little rough, but I’m still here, 150 days sober. I woke this morning with high hopes that I wouldn’t be as sad, but after finishing my daily readings, doing a 9-minute meditation, and speaking my gratefulness, it’s still here. Most days I can find little pick-me-ups, and I really hope those come before another day is done. :purple_heart:

Y’all have a beautiful day. It’s lovely here, snow and frost everywhere and the sun is shining. It’s glistening… I love that. :snowflake::sunny:

23 Likes

And that’s just the addict playing games with us; telling us that we’re missing out and depriving ourselves by choosing sobriety. Let me remind you, using won’t give anything. It has zero benefit. I know it feels like using offers something when I’m inside the controlled environment and bubble of my addiction, but it’s a lie. We didn’t work hard all these years in recovery just to stay chronic relapsers. Stay strong. Remember, I want this sober life and so do you.

4 Likes

Checking in day 49. Sundays are my favourite day of the week. Gonna do some relaxing as my laundy is off the list today. Washer broke down. I alway make a big dinner on sundays even though only 1 kid is still at home. its a tradition i grew up with and will probably continue even when a empty nester. So curry chicken it is on tonight menu.
Heres to a relaxing Sober Sunday!:grin:

15 Likes

Thank u soo much!!! Thank u for reminding me that using has no benefit. It holds no value. My mind is lieing to me. And I have new tools today to help me get thru this.
I’m proud of you by the way for getting thru ur high toxic level of 8 and ur urges. It’s inspiring for me to see that bcuz then it shows me that I can get thru my issues too. I’m not alone. I can get thru today, 5 min, 1 hour, 1 day at a time :slight_smile:

4 Likes