Checking in daily to maintain focus #38

Day 36

I had the most vivid and realistic dream that I relapsed. It felt so real. I even had to reset my counter which felt heartbreaking.

I was so relived to wake up and realize that I did not, in fact, drink a few bottles of wine. It feels so much better to be sober!

25 Likes

Day 18 just checking in.

22 Likes

Checking in
Day 2
Morning has been really good. I feel like Iā€™ve sort of got myself out of my relapse funk. I feel amazing today. I did my readings and prayer by candlelight and then planned my day. Today is my payday and I have absolutly no urge to use. I have good things planned for my pay, plus it will be very busy! I am seeing the dr this afternoon about my new meds so hopefully that will go well and Iā€™ll begin feeling like I should. Had a scare this morning tho with hubby while he was at work. He started up his Zoom Boom to warm it up after doing the inspection (this piece of equipment absolutely needs to be replaced, itā€™s not in great working condition and my hubby has complained and filed paperwork about it many, many times). Nothing seemed out of ordinary during inspectionā€¦ no weird sounds or smells etc. After starting it up, he went to the C Can and as heā€™s coming back to his machine, there were 3 coworkers putting out a huge fire. My hubby took pictures after the fire was put out. There is a fist size hole in the tank. He is not at fault at all thank God and he is okay. Hes been operating machinery for like 25+ years so the safety guy was upset that the company is not replacing the machines once they get to this sort of state. They keep repairing and repairing the machines. I know they are expensive but stillā€¦ anyway, prayed to my HP and gave thanks for my hubbys safety. He believes he couldā€™ve lost his legs in the explosion/fire if he had been sitting in there while it warmed upā€¦ or worse. Omg :sleepy: Anyway, all is well. Have a great day everyone!

22 Likes

Hi Kat here checking in on Day 174

Enjoying the sunshine this morning and remembered to take my Vitamin D and B50. A few times a week is better than nothing I suppose. I am better with my prescription psych meds though, those go down every day.

Interview in a few hours for Nursing Home job I am excited! Will have to buy some new scrubs.

Thinking of you all and hope you have a great sober day.

@Butterflymoonwoman close call glad everyone was safe Industrial accidents are no joke! Also well done on Day 2 and no desire to use

18 Likes

Thanks Kat! Iā€™m excited for and ur interview!! It will go well :slight_smile: I feel it! Hugs to u girl!! So proud of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day 592 clean and sober today. I hope everyone has a great day today, love you guys!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

20 Likes

:boom: :tada: Congrats on your 2 weeks sober :tada: :boom:

1 Like

Caught this yesterday but was too busy to post itā€¦

I havent caught a fun screenie for ages

Yesterday was my daughterā€™s 16th birthday. It was a good day for multiple reasons. She of course had a nice time, we spent time as a family and I spent a lot of time in reflection. This is her 4th birthday I know that I have been sober for. I canā€™t remember if I was drinking at her 2nd birthday or not, I definitely was at her 3rd. Being into my 3rd year of recovery put a lot of things into perspective for me. When I had her I was 7 months clean from meth, I had just walked away from a very crazy street life, I had left a 7 year relationship with one person, gotten pregnant by another and ended up alone. I had just lost my dog, who had seen me through all the darkness I experienced on meth, she was my life, and now I had a baby. I had no recovery support, I just disassociate myself from all the people I had been running with and started a new life. I dealt with NOTHING. When I ended up relapsing I was so hard on myself. I couldnā€™t figure out where I had gone wrong. I thought I was such a failure and that I would never be able to get clean and didnā€™t deserve a life or happiness. Now when I look back on this time that I cleaned up and how fucked up I still was at 7 months clean; I have so much compassion for my 32 year old self. All I can think is ā€œholy shit, you didnā€™t have a chance.ā€ I cried a lot yesterday, I cried because I can finally see it and feel freedom from all that guilt and shame. I have been telling myself I was doing my best because I was, I was trying so hard! But now I can feel freedom from all that shit.
2005 just wasnā€™t my year.
2019 is.

:orange_heart::seedling:

34 Likes

Welcome Julia :heart:

Welcome Julia.
This is a great caring supportive sober community. It works if you work it. I use the Sober Time app for my counter and access the Talking Sober forum from there.
Hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

Day 113 for me AF. Been a rough week. I have a huge trade show Friday - Sunday for my business. Prepping is hard and long hours. This show is a booze soaked party where people do business. Iā€™m very nervous about being in that environment but I really need this show to keep orders flowing. My husband and I have a determined plan to stay sober and minimize our exposure to the drinking. Weā€™ve been practicing what to say and do, and how to excuse ourselves early but Iā€™m still scared I will fail.

20 Likes

Yup, Iā€™ve also felt that way at times and have to trust myself to know what is best for me. Stick to certain threads, reduce my screen time in general, try not to over analyze what is going on with me (easier said than done!) Ask myself if it feels like Iā€™m running away (a tendency of mine) or if I really just need a break or to focus my energy elsewhere. Take a look at what else Iā€™m doing for my well being, also, and make sure I have routines, tools and support. I have a lot to be grateful for by being on TS, but Iā€™ve had to learn to strike a balance that feels healthy. Everyone is different, though, and this can be someoneā€™s main safe place. Glad you brought that up! Youā€™re definitely not the only one!

6 Likes

Hey guys. Checking in day 1
Feeling a bit tired due to the slip I had.
Also went to the gym today and gonna finish off the night with reading a book.
Have a goodnight. Bye

14 Likes

Iā€™m so over it! Itā€™s beautiful and sunny but Iā€™m the dedicated dog walker and itā€™s no fun anymore and now we are getting cabin fever. Waaaahhhh :weary::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Looks like a slight warm up on the way for us, might go see the bald eagles this weekend for my birthday! I think the winter funk has arrived earlier this yearā€¦Iā€™m hoping that some time outside will help. Hang in there!!!

2 Likes

This. This is a thing of beauty and a testament to all your efforts. Iā€™m so proud of you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thatā€™s fucking amazing Stella, youā€™re a miracle and a warrior for sure!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

This is great!!! It saved me from many slips. I would practice my drink orders outloud as I drove to restaurants. It really works.

I believe if you have a little bit of healthy fear itā€™s OK, but you should trust yourselfā€¦ you are going to this function with good intent. Whenever I keep my intent at the forefront of my mind I have been able to stay totally focused and everything else has just rolled off my back. You and your husband sound like a great team and I believe you will be fine. I know how much you have been enjoying your sobriety. I have lots of faith in you, just take it one day at a time.

:orange_heart::seedling:

7 Likes

Thank you! I needed to hear that. Iā€™ve been having nightmares about getting drunk and making a fool of myself. In one, I lost my business and ended up working at Walmart :weary:

3 Likes

Checking in day 9 almost at those double figures! Also been listening to some sober podcasts and audio books (not much of an actual reader) finding its helpful to keep my mind focused on why I need to do this as somehow despite all the catestrophic lows Iā€™ve caused by drinking, within about a week of not drinking I seem to forget how bad it can be and my mind wanders to maybe I can moderate! NO I canā€™t! In 16 years Iā€™ve never managed it for very long. So listening to this at some point every day helps! Wishing everyone a happy & sober Tuesday :heart:

15 Likes

Checking in day 232 :grin: itā€™s a great day today, I recently picked up crocheting to keep my hands busy because the past few weeks have been rough, I got a sinus infection which knocked me out for a week, it wasnā€™t covid because I tested after that one week and the test came back negative (twice-just to make sure) But yes being out of it sucked because Iā€™m so used to doing stuff (cooking/cleaning) and talking with my family, it was an odd week because I didnā€™t do much and hardly talked mostly slept though, I am feeling better and now fully functional again that was about 2weeks agoā€¦ Anyways after I started feeling better, our ride that the whole family uses decided to die on us so this past week we havenā€™t had a ride to go do our errands so haha yeah that also sucked, itā€™s getting looked at today though so hopefully weā€™ll know whatā€™s wrong with it and can fix it this next weekā€¦ Another thing that has happened is my friend recently got kicked out of where she used to stay, so I invited her and her newborn to come stay with us until she finds a place, but I donā€™t think sheā€™s taking that seriously because she just gave her baby to the dad and has been drinking on and off the past few days, she knows Iā€™ve been sober for 7 months now so when she drinks she doesnā€™t drink around me and she doesnā€™t bring it around my house eitherā€¦ itā€™s just been a stressful couple of days/weeksā€¦ but Iā€™m taking it one day at a time, as I said Iā€™ve recently been crocheting and this past week Iā€™ve managed to finish a blanket for myself, Iā€™m not sure on which project I should start next a beanie or a sweater for my dogs lol :grin: crocheting has been a positive outlet for everything that has been going on right nowā€¦ Iā€™m sorry it was a long check in but I just thought if anyone remembers me Iā€™d catch you up on what Iā€™ve been up to hahaā€¦ I hope you are all healthy and well and sober haha remember you are loved, and I believe you can do it. :heart:

14 Likes