Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

@Its_me_Stella you are very lucky to have an understanding Dr./psychiatrist. Mine is old school and takes the position that because I abused stimulants and meth I canā€™t be prescribed any ever again.

This despite diagnosed adhd and all 4 of my boys being on medication for adhd .

3 Likes

Hello folks Kat here checking in on Day 207

Doing well, struggling with motivation and drive but drinking second can of red bull and thatā€™s getting better. May be able to do some cleaning and laundry soon.

Things are getting better Covid-wise, went to an in-person meeting yesterday afternoon and thereā€™s another one tonight. And Monday and Tuesday nights! I am blessed. Like others I used to think that meetings were a boring chore that I resented ā€˜havingā€™ to do but now I love them. Relapses can change your attitude for the better I find.

Love Kat

20 Likes

:rainbow::rainbow::dizzy:ā€¦ healing yourself first, to help others. Yes I need to take a leaf outta your book man :pray::pray:. Thanks for being here you ,and everybody on Sober Time/Talking Sober :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Ending day 7

14 Likes

Morning everyone. Checking in on day 1 AGAIN. Iā€™m so frustrated with myself. I feel like I have no self restraint and yet Iā€™ve done it before. Recently itā€™s been that I reset just about every 4th day. I could do with some tips. I know one of the first things I need to do is come back to this group as I really think initially when I had such success at sobriety it was due to the support on here. I feel so defeated and ashamed of how weak I amšŸ˜”

18 Likes

Welcome back Rikki.
Advice for new comers and constant relapsers

I hope to see you around more.
:pray::heart:

6 Likes

Thanks Eric. I certainly plan to show up more both here and for myself. :sunflower:

3 Likes

Day 6ā€¦ trying to occupy myself to make it to 7. This app is so encouraging.

16 Likes

Checking in
Day 13
Work is done! Walked to my bus and itā€™s gorgeous out :cherry_blossom: Going home to a hot meal. My hubby is an amazing cook so I always look forward to when he makes supper lol. Unlike myself where I could probably find a way to burn water lol :flushed:
Thought of a random blessing of recovery while getting on the bus. Since I have been clean for almost 2 weeks, I had the money to get a March bus pass. In the past I would manipulate my money or try to figure out ways to get drugs (which sometimes meant using the bus pass money and then desperately finding other ways to get me n hubby to work). I dont have that issue today. It may seem small but my god the things Id do for drug money ultimately caused so much stress! The drugs themselves were stressful but drugs also really effected all aspects of my life, big and small. Life is easier in so many ways not using. Yet drugs made me believe that I couldnā€™t function without them. What a lie! My life isnā€™t perfect by any means and some days I truly struggle but itā€™s SO much easier without themā€¦ in so many ways :butterfly:

23 Likes

Thank you @Callie99 I appreciate the comment. I also just read what you wrote on that other thread. Hope youā€™re doing well, take care of yourself :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Hey @Pica I wanted to see how you are doing? And lend a listening ear :black_heart:

3 Likes

Just be wary,

You did right by flushing it out but for some god awful reason every time I replaced the elements in water heaters they leaked afterwards,

2 Likes

@Rockstar24777 Sending strength.

@anon57836609 I hear you, so scary.

@Kacialyn Such a lot to deal with! There are always peaks and troughs to life, and you gotta sit through the troughs. Sometimes all you can do is hide in a toilet.

@Cherrijam Day 4 is around when the physical effects are all gone, and you feel better enough to drink or use again. Ironically. Time to read some books, get to some meetings and get over the hump.

6 Likes

Hey @anon42928441 thank you for checking in

Iā€™m doing okay today. Last night was just hard. I was up until 3 struggling to stay sober.

Itā€™s just hard to tell if the depression Iā€™ve been feeling is a symptom of recovery or a separate issue. My therapist has suggested I start thinking about medication but Iā€™m trying to hold off on that for now.

Anyways, hope youā€™re doing well :blush::sparkling_heart:

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad to hear youā€™re doing well :relaxed: I hope whatever you decide you feel at peace with and know that your mental health matters so much. As someone who lives with depression and anxiety I can relate very much. Here for you girl :black_heart:

1 Like

This is such a good article on emotional invalidation. I was going to post it on the mental health thread, but I think it belongs here. :purple_heart:

12 Likes

Thanks menno and your absolutely right, Iā€™ve known alot of you for going on a little over two years now. And you all are my ppl I love that

7 Likes

Ooo very interesting article. I will admitā€¦ I have been on both ends. Being the natural helper that I am, I got into a bad pattern of trying to fix others. So when others would come to me upset, I would immediately try to fix it, instead of giving them the opportunity to talk and acknowledge their feelings. Iā€™d try to immediately make them happy. But positive and negative feelings are not ā€œbadā€. And i used to think that there were ā€œbadā€ feelings. Nowā€¦ Iā€™ve gotten into the habit of asking them, what do you need from me? Do you want someone to listen? Or would you like some suggestions? Instead of automatically trying to fix it and therefore coming across as if Iā€™m dismissing their feelings (which im not but could be perceived as that).
Then Iā€™ve been on the other end where i have felt dismissed. Sometimes a person will change the subject or tell me how I should feel (which is HUGE trigger for me and angers me instantly). Big ones are: I know how you feel? or You shouldnt frel that way? Itā€™s very difficult for me to keep calm when thats said to me.
Everyoneā€™s experiences are important to themselves. What may be traumatic for me, may not be for someone else and vice versa. So to tell someone, oh that wasnt that bad? or Why are you crying? (ā€¦ this right hereā€¦ grrrr) is super invalidating. Just cuz u donā€™t think it was awful or scary or whatever, doesnā€™t mean the other person feels that way. Emotional invalidation shuts people down and builds walls :frowning: it used to shut me down and I lost my voice to speak up and acknowledge my feelings. Now itā€™s the opposite where I get overly vocal about it when it happens. Itā€™s a tough one for alot of us i think. Great read tho! Thank u for sharing :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@Rockstar24777 Thoughts are with you at this difficult time mate

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing Carolyn. I think itā€™s an important message to create safe places for people to share their feelings. When we create those safe places we save lives. :yellow_heart:

5 Likes