Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

Good morning friends, day 470. Grrrr, it’s always something… Now the water heater is acting up. They are very simple machines so it is likely that a heating element has gone bad. The circuit breaker had tripped sometime yesterday. After church, I’ll see if things look better. If not, I’ll get to troubleshooting. Likely an easy an inexpensive fix, if needed.

Have an awesome day! I am going to do mine sober!

23 Likes

I absolutely love this post! I hope you continue to post more my friend :slight_smile: I have on occasion typed and then deleted my post. Or typed, posted it, and then like 20 sec later deleted it (Hoping no one saw it haha). But u know what?! Posting our thots and feelings and where we are at in life is speaking our truth. This is where we are at and thats ok! Sometimes we might feel embarrassed by it or worried about what others will think… but u never know who is sitting somewhere, feeling the same way or going thru thr same stuff, just wanting to feel apart of and that they aren’t alone. I have an issue with opening up too much about stuff when i feel safe (like on TS). It’s very natural for me to open up about my life (I’ve been doing it since the age of 16 with various supports). I have to learn to back off a bit and that there is time and place for that. Plus I don’t ever want to trigger someone accidentally. So I have to reread my posts Sometimes to make sure it’s OK for others.
Honestly tho, u sound like ur making great progress!!! I’m proud of you!! And I absolutly agree about working on the inside stuff so that we are not continually trying to fill this void inside, with outside sources (bcuz those are temporary). The internal stuff (peace and serenity and calmness etc) come from the inside. Idk ur belief system but for me the only way I get that calmness thru all the stuff going on, is thru my HP. Thats my constant in my life. Thats what gets me thru anything and gives me that internal peace. I’m proud fo you tho for staying on this path of recovery, even tho mentally ur finding it hard. Thays not easy to do. Nut ur doing it! Please post as much as u want. I always enjoy seeing ur posts :slight_smile: have a great day my friend!!!

7 Likes

Congratulations Richard :heart::tada::partying_face:. I’m so happy for you.

1 Like

Awww man… A year ago today I got the call that my son was dead. I love and miss him so much. Lots of nightmares last night, horrible ones but I’m still clean and sober and it’s day 625 today. Thank you for all of the love and strength I love you guys :sunglasses::metal:t2:

45 Likes

Thinking of you today bro :heart:

2 Likes

Checking in
Day13
Having a decent morning but an emotional one that’s for sure. Not quite sure how it came about.
I’m coming up to 2 weeks clean tonight and I’m beyond grateful! I was having a shower getting ready for the day and I just started bawling… like out of no where really :frowning: I am blessed for where I’m at and so thankful to God. Yet I have this fear in me. I am scared of relapse. Apart of me is so used to measing up that im almost expecting a relapse. Now granted, I realize this is distorted thinking and self sabotaging type thinking. I wont feed into it, but that little tiny thot is there. I honestly dont know if i do have another recovery in me. Its weird… for 22 years I would relapse constantly. And i always knew back then that I had another chance at getting clean. But all of 2021 and the 2 or 3 slips Ive had in 2022 has me very concerned, ill be honest. I can recall one night where I was VERY close to mentally snapping. And my heart the past few relapses concerned me as I was worried about heart attack. I honestly dont know of i could handle another relpase. And in a sense that fear thats in me has been another motivator for me to stay clean. I was begging God to just plz remove this obsession from me. And fighting is hard. When I let go, when I surrender and admit powerlessness over my addictions (and people, places, and things, and situations), I get this sense of peace. When I fight I’m only hurting myself quite honestly. And I’m SO damn used to fighting. I give up. But I’m giving up in a good sense. Fighting to me means to struggle. I’m not fighting my addiction anymore. This doesnt mean that I’m giving up… im still going strong at recovery, but I’m not fighting. I’m tired of it. And for the longest time I thought “fighting” was a good thing. Anyway TS fam, that’s where I’m at today. Complete and ultimate surrender. Complete powerlessness. Much love
:bouquet:

25 Likes

I’m wrapping you up in warm, calming love today, Rob. :heart: Since I’ve been here and learned of Corey, you’ve been a miracle to me. You are proof that no matter what, life goes on. Seeing how you honor your son by showing up every single day is beyond inspiring. I love your beautiful soul, and I’m so glad you are here.

6 Likes

Reaching my week feels different this time around. I feel prepared this time. I am making conscious steps to keeping my sobriety and really coming to terms with how much I have lost from drinking. I am ready to live a sober life. Day 7 AF :black_heart:

38 Likes

Congratulations ! :slightly_smiling_face::tada:

2 Likes

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m so proud of you. Watching you grow in sobriety is a beautiful thing. Keep on keeping on. :purple_heart::blush:

4 Likes

Absolutely :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and I’m ready

1 Like

Thank you! This means so much to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

With this you will get through your day Dana. Some fear of your addict is healthy i think, I fear mine too. We would be stupid not to.

:heart:

4 Likes

Hey guys.
Checking in day 34. Had some temptation to watch p*rn today. It was not an urge but just some random thoughts.
@CATMANCAM Hey. Sorry to know that you are suffering. Sending strength.
And congrats on 1 month. Thats shows that you are dedicated to be free. Keep doing the work. You are strong.

10 Likes

Thank you @Lorelai, @Nordique and @ShesGotMoxie :sunglasses::metal:t2::heart:

6 Likes

Ur right! And thank u so much for mentioning this. It would be very silly to not have alittle fear of our addictions. Addiction is soo sneaky that we do need to be vigilant and on our toes abit :slight_smile: thank u for mentioning this :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

Day 136, idk I had some stuff I wanted to say but I kind of forgot what it was. It’s wild you all really are the ones I open up to the way I do, I feel so comfortable around you all and I don’t even know you. But we just all have the one thing in common and it’s always nice to see many relate and truly care… I did get some good news Friday that me and my girls are covered on insurance again so that feels good, and I know I say I’m against it but I think I’m going to look into something for my ADHD again, if I have a more clear head maybe I’ll be able to help autumn out better. Both my girls are very much like me, but autumn is literally the spitting image thinking and mind wise I need to make sure she is safe and comfortable so she has a beautiful future. I’m tired man, tired if my mind never calming down always being on edge and never just enjoying life. I have a tattoo coming in a few super excited and nervous about that. I’ll rock it tho I know I will :muscle:. Much love

36 Likes

Your strength is amazing and inspirational. Much love :pray:t3:

4 Likes

Thinking of you today :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

3 Likes