Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

Beautiful picture, full of hope.

I am struggling too, so hard to see the news, and people seem to need to talk about it. I don’t blame them, it is a way of processing it. Colleagues are affected by having family in neighbouring countries, hearing the bombings, taking refugees. They are remembering visits they made and worrying about the people they met. It is so hard and how can you help them? I feel like there is nothing I can say as it is all so incomprehensible in modern Europe.

Take care of yourself, cuddle cats and get into nature.

8 Likes

Yes we do, thanks Menno :pray::heavy_heart_exclamation:

2 Likes

Morning all, checking in on Day (actually not sure) 23? It is the first day of Spring and Pancake day. I am trying to hold onto that and it will give me hope.

My daughter woke up with spots all over her back so not sure what to do with that, and now feel a bit powerless as at work. It is also raining and the traffic was awful, so the hope I mentioned is dwindling :rofl:

Life feels a bit relentless atm, and that is without the heavy weight of war. I figure at least I am tackling it sober.

Congratulations on all the milestones :star2: I am sorry to those who are struggling, wishing everyone a good day.

19 Likes

Good morning folks, checking in Day 209

Just about to start my 6am-2pm shift after 5 days off due to illness. All recovered now thank Goodness.

Chose to sleep and miss my meeting last night, I think I missed out on a good discussion I got the minutes though.

Going to make it to the gym after work !

Have a great Sober day everyone

Kat

23 Likes

Good day Talking Sober Friends

Elated I’ve made it this far. Very thankful.

3rd step N/A prayer helped a lot

God take my will and my life and show me how to live…

My favourite the serenity prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Amen.
IMG_20220222_061329_873

Good day all love and hugs to all.:purple_heart::pray:t4:

35 Likes

Reaching triple digits is a HUGE milestone Des. Enormous congrats. Big hugs. Much love.

And even though I don’t pray, or do the 12 steps, I love the serenity prayer :blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

8 Likes

Hello all! Dragging this morning for some unknown reason. Got an early meeting so I need to get my bottom out of bed. I am thankful for so many things today. Like coffee haha. Have an awesome day my friends!

18 Likes

Washing machine leakage this morning. First plumber I called wanted ME to tell HIM the problem, er, I don’t know, that is why I am calling you :sweat_smile:. Second guy came and fixed it in an hour. This afternoon was teaching little kids, they were more used to me than last week, so cute, but handsy. Then busy taking daughter to dentist, picking son up from friend’s house, and trying to throw dinner together.

34 Likes

:blue_heart: :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Woop. Amazing :grin:

CONGRATS!!!

4 Likes

Congratulations on your 100 lovely :partying_face::heartpulse:
47cb6346-ce27-432a-939e-c7c341c24e3c_text

and @Misokatsu nice!!! :star2: how satisfying is it to actually catch those numbers :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

DAY 104

Just checking in. I wake up exhausted every single day. I essentially drink rocket fuel just to get me through the day. Sleep schedule stinks at the moment. We’ll get there one day. Everyone have a great day!

18 Likes

Day 1213.

Mild panic attac. I know where it comes from and I will handle it. Hopefully.
I am grateful to be sober.

I am grateful I said something this morning when ‘colleagues’ next to my cluster where talking too loudly about theeeeeeee Ossis (which is ex GDR, which is roughly 16 Mio people). I had enough and went there and asked them to bitch about us at lower volume. Silence. I was shaking a bit but felt better stepping up for myself.

21 Likes

Excellent work! Thanks for the laughs friend. And setting good healthy boundaries. You made me think of this.

1 Like

Thank you Menno. I really appreciate your congratulations and your love for the serenity prayer🤗

2 Likes

Hey all, checking in on day 625. I hope everybody has a good one!

19 Likes

Thank you @Becsta… appreciate your support.:kissing_heart::pray:t4:

Congratulations to you as well your way up in the four digits and double digits for no smoking cigarettes. Wonderful :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations Des!

3 Likes

Thank you so much.:pray:t4::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like