Checking in daily to maintain focus #39

Lol! This is definitely a new thing for me! Not sure what’s going on, lol! Normally I could sleep all day! Gotta love sober life!! :heart:

KGjy

All my love being sent to you Menno :heartpulse::heartpulse:Massive congratulations on your quad digits :partying_face::star2::star_struck::clap::clap:

3 Likes

Big congrats @Mno @Cherry_Kisses
Take care @SadMemeQueen things will be ok

3 Likes

That was beautiful Meno. I love you man. What a great share. I’m so goddamned proud of you my friend. You bring tears to my eyes.

Congratulations on your 1000 days. See you in 24 years of ODAATs. In our walkers :joy: You’ve been an awesome leader on here for some many of us. I’m so grateful for all you’ve done for me.
KhIpLH0WogmPe
:pray:t2::heart::pray:t2::heart::pray:t2::heart:

12 Likes

You’re Amazing Cherry.
Great job getting 30 days clean.
Amen :pray:t2::pray:t2::pray:t2:

:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Amazing. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for being here and continuing to be here to support and inspire others♥️

3 Likes

Yes!!! Way to go girl :heart:

1 Like

Just wow!

What an incredible share to read first thing at 8am.

Saying I’m proud of you is almost an under statement. It’s more than that. I am honoured to know you, even if it’s just cyber in nature.

I could relate to so much you said.

Here’s to many many more years of giving that little boy all the respect and love that he deserves.

I think I can say for many of us, we are truly grateful for the endless support, posts and feedback you give daily on this platform.

Have an awesome day / weekend.

7 Likes

1000!! :partying_face::star2::sparkling_heart: that’s incredible. Such a beautiful post to read. Congratulations @Mno

3 Likes

There you are Menno, you gave me a good read this morning. You have grown so much and I’m glad to have seen it trough your daily check in on this tread. Thank you for sharing your path :pray:
And thank you for being here Menno, congratulations with the :one::zero::zero::zero: days
DWaRQ8TVMAAWAi2

11 Likes

Day 164 checking in

13 Likes

gif 1000

Gefeliciteerd Menno! Je hebt dit verdient,Ik ben zo ongelooflijk blij voor jou!

Thank you for sharing your journey every day, Thank you for being on TS, Thank you for being such a great inspiration.

Enjoy the feeling on this beautiful sunny day of being sober for 1000 days! Keep up the good work my friend!

:muscle::pray: :blue_heart:

7 Likes

Fanfuckingtastic!! Huge Congratulations @Mno!!
So happy for you! Glad to be on this journey with you my friend. :heart:
sorry I’m late to your party

3 Likes

Well I slept right through it😅. Thanks friend.

4 Likes

Hey Chris - Sorry to hear about your ex’s diagnosis. I can really relate in that I have had a tumultuous relationship with my ex and mum of my kids for a lot of the last 6 years we’ve been separated - it’s made for a tumultuous life! It’s hard to know how to feel sometimes because on one hand what’s best for her is good for your kids but on the other hand being separated and having a volatile relationship puts you at odds and in conflict with one another which makes it hard to want the best for one another. It’s a pretty hard cognitive dissonance to deal with when obviously you feel pretty strongly about your kids welfare etc. I guess it depends on how much you want to be in your kid’s lives. Once I started to accept the separation I enjoyed having the kids on my own terms to raise them how I saw fit. I also enjoyed the freedom when I didn’t have them. Now things have changed and I’m staying with my kids and their mum and so we are getting along better but then I also have to tow the line a bit and have lost a lot of freedom. But being sober has made it all possible and it’s better for all of us in the long run.
Cool to hear you got some music leads to go with! Enjoy the journey!

5 Likes

Checking in day 65.
First drinking dreams last night - I was having a blast out on the town and experienced an eventful long walk home riffing with various characters and whatnot but then it took a turn and things started getting aggressive and then the violence broke out, some guy was in a headlock, i threw a beer can - - and then I woke up relieved.
I’ve been drinking to excess for up to 25 years - it was fun at first and a lot of the time but looking back it also reeked so much havoc and senseless destruction on my life - all the bad things I can trace back to alcohol in one way or another. No more for me thanks.
Having said that I was really craving after work today, but it wasn’t too hard to resist

15 Likes

@Mno @SoberWalker thank you both :blue_heart: I love both of your photos of these beautiful purple flowers that I’ve never seen before :heart_eyes: thank you both for making me smile :blush:
@ShadowFax I’m glad you’re feeling better :blue_heart: have a great hiking trip :grinning:
@Luckyredz I’m glad you’re starting to feel better :pray:t2::blue_heart:
@anon53116147 your passion is real, I can feel it when I read your posts about tattooing, or new ink, and this new machine that sounds awesome, listen to and trust the voice that says ‘never.give up’. :pray:t2::blue_heart:
@Soul_Man congrats on 60 days :tada:
@Butterflymoonwoman I’m glad your husband is getting the dental treatment he needs, but yikes that sounds so painful! :cry:
@MrCade thank you for your gratitude :raised_hands:t2::blue_heart:
@Tragicfarinelli sending strength :blue_heart: good luck at the dentist :tooth::pray:t2::four_leaf_clover:
@Cherry_Kisses congrats on 30 days :tada:

11 Likes

@DTC52 sending strength :pray:t2::blue_heart:
@Mno wow, great share! Thank you :blush: congrats on quadruple digits :tada::star2::birthday::trophy:

570 days no alcohol.
35 days no cocaine.
12 days no binge-eating.

Fell asleep before I had chance to actually type my check-in last night. So here I am in the morning again.

Yesterday was the first full day of having coffee in my flat for over a year. I had 5 iced coffees, I make them black, with sugar free caramel syrup, the same as what I’d been having from Starbucks. I don’t know if 5 is too many? Especially since caffeine has an opposite effect on me than most people, but I really like them and just want more and more, so will have to keep an eye on it and decide if it’s work buying more when this supply runs out.

I was very scared yesterday, depression hit me like a tonne of bricks, I felt suicidal, I knew I wouldn’t harm myself because of the thought of abandoning my cats, but I really wanted to escape how I was feeling, it was really awful. I forced myself out for a very slow walk around the lake, hoping it might release some happy chemicals, it didn’t, but it did get me out of my head for nearly an hour. After the walk I fell into an even darker place, I tried to call the doctors but they don’t open late on Thursdays so there were no appointments left. I messaged with my online friend, and also ordered my groceries for delivery today, and that distracted me enough to get through until the Zoom meeting last night, and then after that I felt a lot more stable, came here to check-in, and fell asleep.

Today so far, I feel okay, and I am so proud of myself for not using substances or binge-eating when I really wanted to yesterday. :raised_hands:t2:

26 Likes

Sorry to hear you had a bad day yesterday. I been there lately - it sucks! Congrats on staying strong… hope things work out and you get to stay in your flat.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your bad day, and you should be very proud of yourself :blush: It sounds like you worked very hard to manage that and put things in place. Well done :clap:

Hope today is a better day for you.

3 Likes